Page 228 of 229 FirstFirst ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 5711

NE Roll Call 18/19

Seems a little early. Goniff usually gets the word out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No 2fers yet but you can watch the new lodge get built. https://www.killington.com/the-mount...ntain/k1-lodge

sheffy was up on greylock today.

may be around for some east this season.

stoked.

Looking like it'll be independent this winter.

vtdigger.org/2019/09/05/vail-showing-no-interest-but-competitors-eye-jay-peak-as-sale-process-presses-on/

Vail Resorts, a ski industry behemoth that has been gobbling up local resorts in recent years, is not interested in Jay Peak. Other companies, however, have visited the Northeast Kingdom resort, a company official told a local town board during a recent meeting.

One of the could-be buyers that has toured Jay Peak is a rival of Vail in the resort consolidation business, Alterra Mountain Company, based in Denver, Colorado, which also owns Tremblant ski resort in Quebec and Stratton in Vermont.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Looking like it'll be independent this winter.

vtdigger.org/2019/09/05/vail-showing-no-interest-but-competitors-eye-jay-peak-as-sale-process-presses-on/

Vail Resorts, a ski industry behemoth that has been gobbling up local resorts in recent years, is not interested in Jay Peak. Other companies, however, have visited the Northeast Kingdom resort, a company official told a local town board during a recent meeting.

One of the could-be buyers that has toured Jay Peak is a rival of Vail in the resort consolidation business, Alterra Mountain Company, based in Denver, Colorado, which also owns Tremblant ski resort in Quebec and Stratton in Vermont.
    If this means it's in the Ikon then yes pleeez

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Working narrow sections. Not getting too wide can be tricky.
    Looking down from 3220'
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0906191422[1].jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	293301
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Working narrow sections. Not getting too wide can be tricky.
    Looking down from 3220'

Name:	0906191422[1].jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	293301
    If that's where I think it is, that tape is so high without snow! I am so stoked. Hope Thanksgiving is like last season

Glen Plake posted a blog about his down home tour he took last winter

https://elanskis.com/discover-elan/n...8bS7CuAHDLMoq4

Was great to see him, one of my ski heroes, and Kimberly upta Black Mountain of Maine.

These picks were from his visit. We had a heckofa Winter storm

Name:	4_1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	293589

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	293590

she rips as well.

Nice. Me and my son got to ski with him at Platty. Very cool down to earth guy. Really generous with his time. He got a kick out of my old K2s as well

Name:	6C7AA404-936A-4EF5-BE5C-9CCC45F1E4C9.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	701.5 KB 
ID:	293652

NE Roll Call 18/19

that’s a sweet shot, dude!

felt like fall today. looking around teh webz it seemed like half of fb was ready to blaze first tracks into the natch.

i could go for a ecrc lucky 13 and an ullrfest about now though.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    that’s a sweet shot, dude!

felt like fall today. looking around teh webz it seemed like half of fb was ready to blaze first tracks into the natch.

i could go for a ecrc lucky 13 and an ullrfest about now though.
    Ullrfest is a go. Stand by for news.

Yer hosting right
    Uno mas

Was joking. I thought there were rumors of freaking out your new (soon to be?) neighbors.
    Uno mas

go Go GO!

18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Granite BC Aliance insta has some tgr'ish arguing going on. Someone even through out a "Rog" on a comment...hmm.

Saw that. Not sure why people get their knickers so in a knot over GBA. Amount of acres they glade is counted in the 10's not hundreds

I need to get up there and hit that with you this year!

Definitely I think I sent you my phone number. Hit me up anytime

Cut and paste from Granite Backcountry Alliance Facebook page...

“GBA Moment In History! Tonight GBA partner Mahoosuc Land Trust approved Maine’s first public glading project which will utilize portions of the 1,100 acre parcel known as Rumford Whitecap and connect to project partner Black Mountain of Maine through a so-called “Backcountry Gate” �� The 8-mile point-to-point two mountain project will connect the Bethel and Rumford communities and serve as a signature project for not only the state of Maine but also GBA and how it integrates backcountry skiing with existing resorts �� We are incredibly thrilled with the Mahoosuc Land Trust and their steadfast leader and Executive Director Kirk Seigel who helped bring this project to the MLT region - another local organization who has made a lasting mark of conservation which sets the stage for outdoor recreation. Black Mountain will host the glading weekend and is supported by the tireless crew of the Angry Beavers of Black Mountain Maine who have been cutting glades at BMOM for many years - including ringleader (and Glade Chief) Jeff Marcoux and Lee McKay. Big thanks to MLT Glade Chiefs Dan Elliot and Skip Repetto (pictured) and glade design work by Jason Hunter of Pineside Trail Design ( @hubnorthnh ) // BIG GLADING WEEKEND scheduled for October 19 & 20th and camping on the slopes of BLACK mountain will be allowed. Sign up today for glading (link below) and camping reservations will be coming soon. Thank you all! #craftglading #graniteglades #trustinland #skifreeordie ����⚔️⛷ Winter Wildlands Alliance Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics Maine Outdoor Brands Fjällräven

** all volunteers are entered into a drawing for a free 7 day trip in 2020 to Argentina (airfare excluded) with SASS Global Travel!

http://granitebackcountryalliance.or...e-tour-signup”

Here’s a map of the area that I have added to this post:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE093A51-2155-42A9-9C10-555FED4A3DE9.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	485.9 KB 
ID:	294069  
    Last edited by singlecross ; 09-15-2019 at 06:29 AM.

I seem to remember the stuff that you’d want Ski was secondary succession logging schwack, and the stuff that looked good off the snowfield was low angle raspberries. Not really something to get your nickers in a twist about considering the plethora of better, longer, older growth ski spots in that area.

Non-sequitor-ish to the GBA convo., my roommate from last winter just launched a Kickstarter soliciting all your 401(k) proceeds to help them finish their doc, Leave Nice Tracks, about the RASTA project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...0Nice%20tracks

Looking for help for their post-production expenses. Give it a look-see, the film should be out November/December!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post

Here’s a map of the area that I have added to this post:
    Your old stomping grounds eh? Would be great to connect this Winter.

Going big time with this. All the existing ski runs at Rumford Whitecap with expanded runs down the back of Black and new glades over on RWC. Able to get in a serious tour, not just an up and down with many aspects on both hills available.

I know it is Ullrfest weekend, but we could use all the hands available October 19 or 20 or both upta Black Mountain of Maine. Free camping Saturday night, fire, music, beer.

Picture from a glade we were working last weekend. And yes that hit upper left goes clean
    Name:  Crooked Glade.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  281.7 KB

Low snow Black is a no go. Good snow, probably the most surprising mountain in the East.

Boreas you are right there are better places, but with ski touring currently the cool thing we need to point folks in places like this to not over run the other places shhhh

WDG I know we have missed each other up there, but the new glades this year at BMOM are going to kick it up another notch.

Would be cool to do a tgr BC east coast thing. You show me yours I'll show you mine.
    Mine's not that big. Kind of a chode.