Page 192 of 235 FirstFirst ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5864
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Ain’t no more Paradise Deli......

New folks be calling it paradise provisions now...... not quite sure what to make of it. Couldn’t find a deviled egg anywhere.

The lack of deviled eggs befuddled-based so much I did not even inquire about the soups.

https://paradisevt.com/

pushin teh cbd hard.

What the fuck happened to the free pay phone?
    It done got gentrified, I see.

Chin Clip woods were plastered with a few inches of dense, surfy snow that skied so much nicer than we anticipated on the skin up the Stowe ice rink (PM).

Quote Originally Posted by AyoBeng View Post
    Chin Clip woods were plastered with a few inches of dense, surfy snow that skied so much nicer than we anticipated on the skin up the Stowe ice rink (PM).
    A rink? I guess I should not be at all surprised. Hoping for corny goodness tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    [...] I hope the guy you spoke to was not the victim and took your advice to choose a different route. [...]
    A couple days later I realized that I had the last pictures ever taken of him:
    https://www.facebook.com/NERandoRace...49074341800461
    ... although you have to save the picture to your computer and then zoom in to discern him from the boulders, but that's probably just as well.
    (Those boulders also just happen to be site of the February victim, one of whose memorial services I attended in my hometown, a short walk from my childhood home, just barely off my walking route to elementary school.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Exactly what I said to my wife earlier when I told her I was making a donation to them on the FOTR page, incredible group of people! I have exactly zero winter experience over there but I am happy to support them and anyone who goes there at any time of the year should do the same.

Jonathan, huge props to you for caring enough to share your beta/experience with a complete stranger to hopefully, help them make an informed decision. I hope the guy you spoke to was not the victim and took your advice to choose a different route. Sad event, vibes to his friends and family.

Doremite, 50/50 on a trip there tomorrow, depends on what falls overnight as I may opt for earned turns closer to home. I'll pm you if I'm headed that way
    6” of dense cream. Exceeding reported totals.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    A rink? I guess I should not be at all surprised. Hoping for corny goodness tomorrow.
    It’ll be fine once the sun cooks it a bit.

Pic from Killington lot yesterday (not mine)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3280.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	468.5 KB 
ID:	278710

Think this one is better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    you guys talking about the little grocery?
    Little grocer and deli! My parents still live a short walk from there. I used to bring cans and bottles there when I was a kid and buy candy with the nickels.
    Yes it has changed. We don't go there much anymore. My parents pretty much refuse. They are all about Mehurons.
    It must be a real moneymaker.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    ... although you have to save the picture to your computer and then zoom in to discern him from the boulders, but that's probably just as well.
    (Those boulders also just happen to be site of the February victim, one of whose memorial services I attended in my hometown, a short walk from my childhood home, just barely off my walking route to elementary school.)
    Hitting close to home...
    Maybe a little memorial sign like the one on the cache at the top of the GoS trail? That is always a sobering reminder to me. A reality check as we assess and decide.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Unreal and sorry to hear about your local connection with the other victim! You went beyond what most would have done and gave him your thoughts which I can only guess he considered in his decision to continue. A horrible accident that hopefully, gives others pause for thought on their route choices in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    6” of dense cream. Exceeding reported totals.
    Thanks for the report and glad you got it. Work made the decision for me this morning but hoping for a quick skin later to hopefully, get a few last soft turns this season

Smuggs just called it quits, would not be surprised if Stowe did the same in the next few days.

Name:	D4SCEChWAAA2C3Y.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	417.9 KB 
ID:	278722
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 04-16-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I’d call it a nauseating read. Really sad. The point about those observing the crown but not running a beacon test on the debris zone was a lesson. I likely would have done the same just focused on my day. Not that I am in avalanche terrain often if ever but this was a take away for me.

Well, came to the thread tonight in more positive spirits although harder to do after that read... If anyone still skiing Jay and needs a 2 for 1 PM me. It’s one of those Irving vouchers that has my name on it but I can just email it to you and you can give it a shot. I am there all day Wed. Tomorrow morning too but no time to deal w ticket window. Work stuff at 11.
    Ugh, that was hard to read and a bit triggering(though the last few folks I’ve had to use CPR on faired better). I’m struck that the individual still had a pulse after two hours of being buried, and just spot on clinical judgement for those running the code in that scenario and trying for an ecmo center. An hour and a half of CPR in that backcountry scenario and a lifeflight sounds terrible. I’m picturing one of the providers delivering effective cpr while sliding on the tobaggan. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Ugh, that was hard to read and a bit triggering(though the last few folks I’ve had to use CPR on faired better). I’m struck that the individual still had a pulse after two hours of being buried, and just spot on clinical judgement for those running the code in that scenario and trying for an ecmo center. An hour and a half of CPR in that backcountry scenario and a lifeflight sounds terrible. I’m picturing one of the providers delivering effective cpr while sliding on the tobaggan. Wow.
    No ice mask and chunky icy snow must have provided some (enough) air pockets to keep him alive for such a long time. I cannot imagine what he went thru that entire time knowing he was alone. So gut-wrenching to even think about it. So so sad. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Ain’t no more Paradise Deli......
    New folks be calling it paradise provisions now...... not quite sure what to make of it. Couldn’t find a deviled egg anywhere.
    The lack of deviled eggs befuddled-based so much I did not even inquire about the soups.
    https://paradisevt.com/

What the fuck happened to the free pay phone?
    Fuckn' M series

Name:	20190416_120600.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	725.9 KB 
ID:	278727

Same place it's always been

Name:	20190416_120657.jpg 
Size:	639.7 KB 
ID:	278728

I like the new Little Grocery. Roberta had been there a long time and likely burned out. New store all refreshed and a great place to grab some fill ins for a meal when I am working close to home instead of driving down to Mehurons. They have some nice VT cryovacced meats, nice selection of brews and regular grocery items. Never buy sandwiches in town, so can't speak to the quality of those.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Pretty funny somebody slapped one of Stevie's Pioneers stickers on there. That was the surf shop Rog worked post EMS. Steve was on the first Burton pro team waay back.

There used to be a sticker covered Ice chest next to the phone, lots of great stickers were on that.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Eggs today don’t help me one little bit with my egg cravings last sunday......

Long shot, but anyone tried skinning at Le Massif this time of year while they're closed midweek? Staying in Quebec City, had planned to get some turns in either there and/or Mont St Anne based on the closing dates posted, and a bit skunked with midweek closings at both. They offer uphill travel tickets on site according to their website, but I'm not guessing they'll be open to take our money. I suppose the same question would apply for Mont St Anne, if anyone has any thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

better to ask forgiveness than permission.

if they give you a hard time continue up the road to grand fonds
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

NE Roll Call 18/19

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    better to ask forgiveness than permission.

if they give you a hard time continue up the road to grand fonds
    I imagine it would be no problem to head over to the Liguri zone of Massif without any hassle since it's a side country area.

+1 for the Grand Fond suggestion. It's way way chill and if you speak le French the locals will point you towards the goods (if there are even any locals around, that's how chill it is). Skinned up there week before opening and it was all good.

Great corn chowder lunch laps in the Laurentians today! Still way fat up here.
    Last edited by danmelon; 04-16-2019 at 01:00 PM.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    No ice mask and chunky icy snow must have provided some (enough) air pockets to keep him alive for such a long time. I cannot imagine what he went thru that entire time knowing he was alone. So gut-wrenching to even think about it. So so sad. ugh.
    yea that was a tough read indeed.
    very very sad, especially given that the fallen skier was still alive when dug out. i take a little bit of comfort in knowing that he knew that people were with him at the end, fighting to save his life. if only he had been found a little sooner?
    much love and props to the rangers who tried...and wishing them peace after what must have been a really difficult day.
    be safe out there everybody.

Name:	IMG_9458.JPG 
Size:	437.0 KB 
ID:	278749

Granted, it’s no Switchback but this stuff is pretty decent to the untrained palette.

The palate, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

Name:	IMG_9458.JPG 
Size:	437.0 KB 
ID:	278749

Granted, it’s no Switchback but this stuff is pretty decent to the untrained palette.
    those annie's cheese puffs are no (aged white cheddar) pirate booty but are a damn good snack too.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    yea that was a tough read indeed.
    very very sad, especially given that the fallen skier was still alive when dug out. i take a little bit of comfort in knowing that he knew that people were with him at the end, fighting to save his life. if only he had been found a little sooner?
    much love and props to the rangers who tried...and wishing them peace after what must have been a really difficult day.
    be safe out there everybody.
    The full report is so sad.

Three separate parties seeing the crown and not investigating is heart breaking, knowing ( from the report ) that he was there, breathing, and waiting for help.

The fact the guy kept standing up or trying to stand up after being dug out is just crazy. Dude fought til his last breathe.