Page 129 of 235 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 5864
    Definitely treacherous on the skin track at the local bump. Fortunately the groomed downhill terrain wasn’t as bad as anticipated. Seems like there is enough base for the grooming crew to grind and work with.

The ungroomed terrain however is frightening...

I don’t think this next storm is going to be enough to “bury the crust”. And it’s already looking like a major dud....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vibes to the family. Talked to a patroller yesterday afternoon at our kids BX race who hinted it had already been a "horrible day" with several serious incidents. After walking the dogs up one of the trails Saturday morning (wind hold on all lifts but lower mtn) I decided it wasn't worth burning a voucher to ride chopped ice Sunday.

SKIER KILLED IN CRASH AT VERMONT’S JAY PEAK

FEBRUARY 11, 2019

0 COMMENTS

A skier was killed Sunday afternoon after crashing into trees at Vermont’s Jay Peak Resort.
    According to Vermont State Police, Bruce Charron, 68, of West Montreal, Quebec, reportedly lost a ski before losing control and striking several trees along the edge of the trail at roughly 12:45 p.m.
    Jay Peak Ski Patrol were able to quickly respond to the incident. But police say Charron was later pronounced dead at the resort.
    Police say the incident is still under investigation.

That's brutal news., poor guy. Snow was definitely dangerously fast this weekend.

Get your turns in Wednesday and Thursday because its looking like rain Friday and Saturday.

PM if a Wednesday tour in The Zone is of interest
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Note to self. 10mg caramel, swish, then stupid strong margaritas are not in jackstraws best interest if he plans to ski the next day.

Have a nice day all.

That is a bummer up at Jay. Vibes to the family. I got blown off the trail and into th woods when I was changing over Saturday and sliding blind into trees was terrifying. Very relieved I bumped into something within a few feet.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Sucks for that guy/family at Jay but not the only incident: https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Of...505633861.html

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    PM if a Wednesday tour in The Zone is of interest
    So so tempting. But valentines-day-eve plans in Boston at 7 and burning 2 days of PTO last week for the annual family ski trip mean I'm 95% sure I can't do it. Still day dreaming about the tour there 2 weeks ago though... Have fun.

dam that's a rough way to go. vibes to Montreal west fam.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post

Ohhh my god. Boiler plate of death

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Vibes to the family. Talked to a patroller yesterday afternoon at our kids BX race who hinted it had already been a "horrible day" with several serious incidents. After walking the dogs up one of the trails Saturday morning (wind hold on all lifts but lower mtn) I decided it wasn't worth burning a voucher to ride chopped ice Sunday.

SKIER KILLED IN CRASH AT VERMONT’S JAY PEAK

FEBRUARY 11, 2019

0 COMMENTS

A skier was killed Sunday afternoon after crashing into trees at Vermont’s Jay Peak Resort.
    According to Vermont State Police, Bruce Charron, 68, of West Montreal, Quebec, reportedly lost a ski before losing control and striking several trees along the edge of the trail at roughly 12:45 p.m.
    Jay Peak Ski Patrol were able to quickly respond to the incident. But police say Charron was later pronounced dead at the resort.
    Police say the incident is still under investigation.
    Very sad indeed. Bruce was a good friend of my brother's, and a long-time Jay Peak regular, his family has a house near Montgomery. A very good skier and one of the colourful instigators of the annual Stateside tailgate party. Leaves behind a wife and three adult children. Here he is in happier times, getting ready to grill up some meat:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	state 019.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	269194
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

well that sure makes it hit a little closer to home. what an awful and freak event. please pass condolences from everyone here.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post
    Very sad indeed. Bruce was a good friend of my brother's, and a long-time Jay Peak regular, his family has a house near Montgomery. A very good skier and one of the colourful instigators of the annual Stateside tailgate party. Leaves behind a wife and three adult children. Here he is in happier times, getting ready to grill up some meat:

So sorry. Horrible. RIP

It really bums me out to hear he lost a ski first.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    well that sure makes it hit a little closer to home. what an awful and freak event. please pass condolences from everyone here.
    Thanks ML and Jackstraw, will pass along the condolences. He was part of a posse of several families that skis together most weekends. They are hard to keep up with in the trees.
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multiglisse View Post

Ugh. How awful. I am so sad and sorry for everyone connected. Our current "snow" pack is super sketch.

Sad news... thanks for passing on vibes to the family and friends, Mr. Multiglisse.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Condolences to all friends and family.

In an attempt to bring some stoke to the thread:

Name:	DCT_SPECIAL49_1280x720.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	269207

Horrible news made more painful Mr. M! +1 on passing along the condolences to the family and friends.

Vibes to the Jay Pk community, that's a tough one.

The Loaf was fucking cold, windy and liftless most of this past weekend. But we hosted our first annual Fire On the Mountain festival and everyone who came had a blast and didn't give a shit about the lack of skiing. We had 7 Dead bands from around New England that played Friday Apres' thru Sunday Apres' with two venues rocking a sold out crowd of around 1400 heads. Total dance party

I have the next 2 days off, where’s the party?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Hopefull K on Wednesday...

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Journey East on Wednesday to check out The Zone. PM if interested.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

You mean like hike for super mellow turns? Nah dude, I ride the lift and get high on every lap. Every lap.
    Go on now
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post

Name:	BowlFeb2019A.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	269225

Same shot from a slightly different vantage point. The Bottlewoman was wary of getting too close for fear of sliding all the way into Hancock. You must have been skinning up above us when we crossed the traverse. As you suggest, the groomed terrain was not as bad as it could have been but anything untouched was pure, unmitigated terror.

I'm not sure that would even be fun in ice skates
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/