Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Do Shifts have a flat touring mode? Because no flat mode + boots without walk mode = might as well walk. And dead toenails.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Why? Because the flex is too soft or too harsh or what?
    It's not too harsh, it's too soft and it pitches you forward.

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Maybe the 140 freetour skis better.
    I have the Lange rx130 and the freetour 130.
    To ski in the resort the freetour is inadequate. Bumps, uneven snow at speed, etc.

You always feel like you're a steep behind the terrain, and you get pitched forward when the snow changes.

And that's compared to a rx130, which is not the stiffest boot out there.

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app
    I think the issue with the 130 XT Freetour is the liner. I noticed a huge uptick in performance when I switched to an Intuition Pro Tour liner, and an even bigger increase in performance when I use the Lange RS cork liner. I was having all the same issues you guys are describing when I tried the stock liner, and those issues are gone for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I think the issue with the 130 XT Freetour is the liner. I noticed a huge uptick in performance when I switched to an Intuition Pro Tour liner, and an even bigger increase in performance when I use the Lange RS cork liner. I was having all the same issues you guys are describing when I tried the stock liner, and those issues are gone for me.
    I would second this notion. I skied my Lange XT 130 LVs with a Zipfit liner and an expert Booster strap as my only inbound boot for two seasons now. It’s not quite a true fixed spine 130 flex boot in terms of lateral stiffness and progressive flex, but it’s got 90% of the downhill performance with those mods.

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    I would second this notion. I skied my Lange XT 130 LVs with a Zipfit liner and an expert Booster strap as my only inbound boot for two seasons now. It’s not quite a true fixed spine 130 flex boot in terms of lateral stiffness and progressive flex, but it’s got 90% of the downhill performance with those mods.
    My boot guy added the stiffest power strap too. That made a huge difference also. The Velcro strap restricted the flex Lange boots are know for. I lean into the front of the boot and feel like I hit a hard stop. The Booster Strap let me use the flex of the boot and really drive the tips of the ski.

Do Shifts have a flat touring mode? Because no flat mode + boots without walk mode = might as well walk. And dead toenails.
    2 degrees, i think?

you want flatter you can have my sister/
    bumps are for poor people

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, is that you?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.