Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Baboon Hunting- Pro Or Anti?

Idaho Fish and Game Commissioner Blake Fischer shared photos of his guided hunting trip in Africa

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 867
Size:  389.0 KB

He wrote that his wife wanted to watch him hunt at first because it was her first trip to Africa.

“So I shot a whole family of baboons,”
    “I think she got the idea quick.”

“Baboons are free,”

“ ... I get it — they’re a weird animal. It’s a primate, not a deer.”

On so many levels he comes from a bad place. This disgusts me.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Trick question, since no sane human could call what he did "hunting". I'm generally in support of hunting but this is bullshit.

We can probably all agree on him being a douche.

If he did it with his bare hands then he might earn .0000000001% of my respect.

Calm down everyone. Maybe they were coming right for him. None of you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Calm down everyone. Maybe they were coming right for him. None of you were there.
    Good point, I did not consider that. Thanks soups, voice of reason is appreciated. I recall a south park episode....
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Jesus. It's like he made the parents watch as he murdered the kids. Sick fuck. Is that legal?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Things which one hunts and does not eat usually fall into three categories that I find reasonable: pests, population control, or dangerous game.

Baboons are none of the above, couldn't ever see myself shooting a baboon, especially since I don't like the idea of killing the high intelligence animals for food (cetaceans (whale, dolphins), eqqus (horse, zebra, donkey), elephant, catarrhines (includes apes and baboons), parrots). But I bet the local village probably had baboon stew that night?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Such a big tough brave sportsman. That piece of shit can rot in hell.

Thank god he's a game and fish commissioner

depends on who the baboon is.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Such a big tough brave sportsman. That piece of shit can rot in hell.

What in the fucking fuck !!?

Baboon Hunting- Pro Or Anti?

hunting is one thing but what a douche. that is not hunting. probably the same type of guy that swerves to hit an animal/ bird etc.

it was on the local news this am too and sounds like he will resign.
    skid luxury

Giraffe kill lions and can kill a human. I wouldn't want to hunt a Giraffe.

If the giraffe population is managed and the harvested animal is eaten by the locals, what makes it different than shooting a deer or a pig? Your fond childhood memories at the zoo?

the pride and ego in the smile

for me it’s more of the slaughter of the baboons for the fun of it. that is over the line.
    even trophy hunting is slightly better than wanton killing of something for no reason
    skid luxury

Going on a safari and "giving the meat to locals" is a bullshit justification for pleasure killing, IMO. If the locals need the meat, they are more than competent to go harvest it themselves.

I know there are tons of arguments about how much these types of hunts can support local communities, but nobody from the US goes out and shoots a giraffe and a family of baboons out of charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Going on a safari and "giving the meat to locals" is a bullshit justification for pleasure killing, IMO. If the locals need the meat, they are more than competent to go harvest it themselves.

I know there are tons of arguments about how much these types of hunts can support local communities, but nobody from the US goes out and shoots a giraffe and a family of baboons out of charity.
    So the locals can go kill their meat, or they can get some rich foreigner to PAY them to provide meat... why is the former ethical and the latter not ethical?

What?!?! No way those villagers can sustain themselves without the Great White Hope coming to save them from their meager lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    ...dangerous game.

Baboons are none of the above
    While not in this particular asshole's case. Can't Baboons, particularly when in a group (troop?) be dangerous, hudge nuisance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    While not in this particular asshole's case. Can't Baboons, particularly when in a group (troop?) be dangerous, hudge nuisance.
    Yea you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    So the locals can go kill their meat, or they can get some rich foreigner to PAY them to provide meat... why is the former ethical and the latter not ethical?
    The locals can do whatever they need to in order to survive. I was trying to point out the fallacy of the hunters that pay for these things that they are providing food to the locals as a way to justify their trips.

The locals can do whatever they need to in order to survive. I was trying to point out the fallacy of the hunters that pay for these things that they are providing food to the locals as a way to justify their trips.
    And the large fees they pay to hunt allegedly does go to the anti poaching groups.

Has nobody here eaten baboon?

"While not part of traditional American cuisine, the consumption of monkey meat in the United States has become increasingly prevalent, predominantly due to the influx of African immigrants who see monkey meat and other bushmeats as "home comfort".

KQ, any recipes?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang