Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cleaning out the basement - Rossignol, Atomic, Dynastar, Black Diamond

Cleaning out the basement of skis. There was a time when I wanted a "quiver" of skis, everything from fat powder skis to frontside skis to vintage sticks for breaking out on the Beach at A-Basin in the spring. Turns out, I really just want a pair of skis that I can ski everywhere... so I'm thinning the herd and pairing down to pretty much a single pair of alpine touring skis and a pair of tele skis. I'm in the Denver area, but mostly willing to ship if someone wants something bad enough to pay for shipping. I *think* most of the prices are "TGR appropriate" but if shit seems out of line, feel free to call me on it and I'll feel free to either listen to it or ignore you. Here's what I got, and what I'd take for 'em.

Atomic Bent Chetler with Marker Baron (non EPF) touring bindings - 192cm - $300 skis and bindings - $250 skis only - Plus shipping
    Big skis. 123mm underfoot, 192cm length. Massive amounts of tip and tail rocker. Marker Barons, they might heavy but at least they go to DIN 13. Bases and edges in good shape. I think this is like the 2013 model? Anyways, I've had loads of fun skiing this ski, was my daily driver for a season. But when looking for a "quiver of one" this is too much for all the time anymore. If you love sending big lines and landing your 270s switch, these are your skis. Note: the Marker Baron is a size small, max BSL is 325. These skis are drilled for a BSL of 318 on the line. They are also set up with Quiver Killer inserts, so if you want the ski but not the bindings I can take them off super easily and you wouldn't even need to plug the holes.

Rossignol S7 with Marker Tour 12 (non EPF) touring bindings - 188cm - $300 skis and bindings - $250 skis only - Plus shipping
    Pictured with 22 Designs tele bindings, but these skis will be sold with either a Marker Tour 12 binding (pictured elsewhere) or as skis only. These skis are set up with Quiver Killer inserts for both of those bindings, and I could swap them back and forth between the two. I am keeping the tele bindings which will be mounted on a different not-for-sale ski. The Marker Tour F12 bindings are the size small (max 325 BSL) and are mounted on the line for a 318 BSL boot. Bases are in good shape, I didn't really ski this ski all that often and the friend I bought them from didn't either (he didn't like them). But they're a good, easy to ski, 117 underfoot powder ski that's pretty good at everything from groomers to deep powder. And like the Bent Chetlers, since they have the Quiver Killer inserts I could easily take the bindings off and sell them ski only.

Full Tilt Soul Sister Alpine Ski Boots - 23.5 - $50 OBO - Plus shipping
    Alpine ski boots in decent to good condition. Selling for my girlfriend, they were given to her several years ago and she has never skied them so not much is known about the history. They appear to be in great shape and totally serviceable and... uh... white. You know your boyfriend needs these boots. Chihuahua not included.

Dynastar Radical Vertical Extremes with Marker M48 Bindings - SOLD
    These came from a former boss, who purchased them new in 1991 and skis them a handful of times before discovering snowboarding. They sat in a ski bag for over 2 decades until he brought them to me at work one day. I've skied them a couple times, and have been sorta kinda keeping an eye out for a period correct pair of boots to match. But the truth is I don't even own boots that fit in the bindings anymore, and when I go to the Thrift Store Ski Party or Longboard Day or Corn Harvest I just ski my regular skis and wear a fun outfit. So... these Bad Larry's are in really good shape for their age. And they're bright pink. Oh, and there's matching poles, though one is missing a basket. Make me an offer, or bring me a 12er of a decent IPA, or tell me about the sick onesie and the Salomon SX92's you own and their yours. But really make me an offer or bring me beer.

Atomic TMX w/ Dynafit touring bindings - 185-ish - $53 - SOLD
    I figure even an old-as-shit pair of working Dynafit tech touring bindings is worth fifty bucks or so... So gimme that and I'll give you the skis for free. The skis would make a great chair or fence or something, and you know you need a pair of old-as-shit Dynafiddles for your rock touring setup. (These might be claimed by my girlfriend's sister. No pictures available at this time. Of her, I mean.)

Black Diamond Mira with Black Diamond O2 (?) telemark bindings - SOLD
    Given to me by a friend so I could learn to tele, but the reality is they're too short and too narrow for me. The bases and top sheets aren't great, but functional. Lots of sidecut, I hear. Would be a good beginner tele ski for someone wanting to check it out, particularly given the price. So, make me an offer. Would love to get some money from them, but the reality is a 12er of a decent stout would take them. You know, something I can share with the friend that gave them to me. Or $25 if you don't feel like stopping by the liquor store.

Black Diamond Custom telemark boots - SOLD
    UPDATE: got some pictures taken. I bought these used and have skied in them a handful of times. They're not in terrible shape, but they've seen some days. Fully functional, even if they're pretty rough around the edges. The only thing the pictures don't show is that the stitching on one of the straps is coming apart. The strap still works, but it's kind of in two pieces.

*Note: the inserts in the Bent Chetlers and the S7s might actually be Binding Freedom brand, if it matters
    Last edited by Full Trucker; 10-22-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Would you be willing to unmount those Dynafits from the Atomics? If so, I'd like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

2nd in line for the Dynafits. Can take the Atomics off your hands in Denver too if it's easier.

Those 22Designs AXLs up for grabs. If so, price. Very interested. Apologies if my reading comprehension sucks.

Shit, never mind. Read first post second. Noted.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Would you be willing to unmount those Dynafits from the Atomics? If so, I'd like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by viglio View Post
    2nd in line for the Dynafits. Can take the Atomics off your hands in Denver too if it's easier.
    I checked with GF's sister, she's gonna buy something newer for her fancy new DPS. So these are available.

Full disclosure guys: I got these skis as part of a trade with a buddy a couple years ago. I've never skied them, so I cannot guarantee personally that they work. But I'm reasonably certain that the buddy skied them enough times to verify that. And I'm a bit torn here, it'd be easier for me to get them to viglio since he's in Denver and would also deal with the skis. But El Chup responded first by a couple minutes. I don't sell (or post really) a lot of stuff here, what's the protocol?

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Those 22Designs AXLs up for grabs. If so, price. Very interested. Apologies if my reading comprehension sucks.

Shit, never mind. Read first post second. Noted.
    Ha! No worries... I probably should swap the bindings on the two skis so it's less confusing.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    I checked with GF's sister, she's gonna buy something newer for her fancy new DPS. So these are available.

Full disclosure guys: I got these skis as part of a trade with a buddy a couple years ago. I've never skied them, so I cannot guarantee personally that they work. But I'm reasonably certain that the buddy skied them enough times to verify that. And I'm a bit torn here, it'd be easier for me to get them to viglio since he's in Denver and would also deal with the skis. But El Chup responded first by a couple minutes. I don't sell (or post really) a lot of stuff here, what's the protocol?
    If viglio can use those skis too, then go ahead and sell the whole package to him. Keeps them out of the landfill. And easier for you to hand off in Denver - I would need shipping. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

If you had to guess, what size boot would fit those OG Dynastars as currently mounted?
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    If you had to guess, what size boot would fit those OG Dynastars as currently mounted?
    I actually don't need to guess... when I first got the OG Dynastars I had boots with alpine DIN soles that fit almost perfectly without adjusting the bindings. They had a 318 BSL, it was a size 27.0 Black Diamond Factor. I have no idea how much fore/aft adjustment is in these old bindings, but that should give you a ballpark idea of what size boot might fit.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Ok thanks - I'm at 336 so probably won't work. Those things are sweet tho!
    go upside down.

Thanks Trucker for a quick and easy sale, A+ stand up dude. And thanks Chup for letting me snag them instead

Quote Originally Posted by viglio View Post
    Thanks Trucker for a quick and easy sale, A+ stand up dude. And thanks Chup for letting me snag them instead
    Likewise, stoked it worked out. Thanks for popping over to my side of town. And too funny... everyone knows Chez.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Ok thanks - I'm at 336 so probably won't work. Those things are sweet tho!
    Yeah I’d bet there’s not enough adjustment in them for that size of hoof.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Those dynastars are sexy. If only they were 205+ I'd take them just to have a loaner pair of longboards.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

Unless someone is going to ski those Dynastars, I’ll take em as I accumulating verticals for a ski chair project. In Denver so can figure out a meet up - just let me know your IPA preference.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantManta View Post
    Unless someone is going to ski those Dynastars, I’ll take em as I accumulating verticals for a ski chair project. In Denver so can figure out a meet up - just let me know your IPA preference.
    If you have long vertical assaults, do not chair them. I need them for lbd
    These 190 from the op are kinda short
    . . .

I have 2 pair original to me. Vertical assault (purple top, late 80s vintage) and verticals with cream tops with 3 color paint smudge graphic (even earlier vintage). Pretty sure they are 200s. I may have some other 200ish boards for lbd for u but need to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If you have long vertical assaults, do not chair them. I need them for lbd
    These 190 from the op are kinda short
    Hey now, they're not 'kinda short'... they're 'bump skis' !

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Big skis. 123mm underfoot, 291cm length. Massive amounts of tip and tail rocker.
    Fucking hyoooodge I'd say. Wouldn't those make some fancy clown shoes for LBD.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I would snatch up those
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Atomic Bent Chetler with Marker Baron (non EPF) touring bindings - 192cm - $328 skis and bindings
    but they're just not JONG enough for me, and "I want to be stereotyped. I want to be classified..."

PM on its way regarding the Bents
    Last edited by rcamp; 10-16-2018 at 06:53 AM.

If the Dynastars are headng for a chair, I'll take those pro-issue pink poles.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Fucking hyoooodge I'd say. Wouldn't those make some fancy clown shoes for LBD.
    Derp, thanks for the catch. Updated.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    I would snatch up those
    but they're just not JONG enough for me, and "I want to be stereotyped. I want to be classified..."
    The question is not if the skis are JONG enough for you, it's if you're JONG enough for these skis.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    If the Dynastars are headng for a chair, I'll take those pro-issue pink poles.
    Oh, I know you would.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

UPDATE ON TEH BENTS: I've got quite a bit of interest on these skis w/o bindings. My preference/priority will be to sell the skis and bindings together and/or for a local sale because going to the post office sucks a million dicks. There is a local person interested who emailed me from Craig's List first, but if he doesn't get back to me soon cash does talk.

**I edited the OP but figured a separate reply would be more visible.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

I've got a bunch of repurposed old Dynastar skis (and Volkls, and Salomons).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dynastar-hanger.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	251234