Old NiteRider lights?

I helped someone clean out a bike closet for someone who died. There are a bunch of the old NiteRider lights with the big batteries like the kind that fit in water bottle cages. Anyone ever retro a smaller battery to those? Is it worth messing with. There's probably 3-4 of the singles and 1-2 of the doubles and a lots of batteries and mounts.

Similar questions for Princeton Tech lights. I have a couple of those with big batteries (not as big as the NiteRiders though). Seems like battery tech is so much better now.

If you find out anything, I'd be interested to know too. I still have an old Nite Rider with the lead acid bottle battery, long dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Huh, I never knew he had all those lights. I took my 900 lumen Magicshine (chinaman will burn your house down light) down to the consignment shop. Probably be just as good to sell those

All the rechargeable LED lights are SO much better than those brick battery lights and they are really handy for night skiing too.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Huh, I never knew he had all those lights. I took my 900 lumen Magicshine (chinaman will burn your house down light) down to the consignment shop. Probably be just as good to sell those

All the rechargeable LED lights are SO much better than those brick battery lights and they are really handy for night skiing too.
    There was still a lot of Steve's stuff in boxes. Pretty sure the lights were his. Also found three new 9 spd XO cassettes and other horded parts.

Well, Niterider said the best thing to do would be to e-recycle everything and that any $35 LED bike light will outperform anything they made from 15 years ago. Dang, that's a lot of $500 lights...