Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I mean, it's not like your job or anything to research and review permits?
    I guess I need to get better about leaving work at work, although that becomes problematic with regards to posting from the office.

permits in a different state, in a location that was never precisely divulged, at the request of nobody but himself? that's his job?

Sorry, but that was well over the line. Don't be an apologist for shitty behavior.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    permits in a different state, in a location that was never precisely divulged, at the request of nobody but himself? that's his job?

Sorry, but that was well over the line. Don't be an apologist for shitty behavior.

Not ones in other maggot's threads it's not.

Dick move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I don't think he was justified in doing it, but I also I think that since it's what he does all day he probably thought no big deal, it's all in the public record anyways. Chup posted location on the county and enough information that someone with GIS knowledge could easily figure it out.

For the record, doxxing isn't cool, even unintentional, trying to be helpful doxxing.

I also know that I've posted enough about myself on here I'm sure someone could look up my employer, my home address, know what kind of vehicle I drive, etc very easily. Same goes for a lot of mags on here. It's the problem with an internet forum where a lot of trust and open discussion happens.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Nah....the messages would just end up saying "Be sure and drink your ovaltine."
    Heh

I don't think he was justified in doing it, but I also I think that since it's what he does all day he probably thought no big deal, it's all in the public record anyways. Chup posted location on the county and enough information that someone with GIS knowledge could easily figure it out.
    It's a form of doxxing, essentially. Many of us post enough info here that someone with the wherewithal and desire could figure out where we live, our names, etc. My mortgage company is public record, and if someone here was persistent enough, they could probably find out the name of the mortgagor. That doesn't mean it is ok to do so, simply because it is public record and I posted enough info that they could sleuth that public info. Chup posted his county and his road name, that's it. And he certainly didn't post those to assist someone in trying to find his neighbor's parcel and rebut whatever Chup said about the situation.

Glademaster may have thought "no big deal" like you say, but what he did is incredibly lame, and for him to come back into this thread and shrug it off, and for you to be an apologist for him (and yes, that is what you have done in these past 2 posts), is even lamer.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

, For the record, doxxing isn't cool, even unintentional, trying to be helpful doxxing.....my home address, know what kind of vehicle I drive, etc very easily.
    dood, youve posted your truck rig for sale and pondering the house sale all over these boards....you are self doxxed....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Not to mention that it killed an entertaining thread.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

for you to be an apologist for him (and yes, that is what you have done in these past 2 posts), is even lamer.
    Lol, mags who know me in real life would find it hilarious that I'm an apologist for a building inspector. I think most permits are a sham to collect more tax revenues from hard working citizens. Wax rings need a permit? Fuck off. Perhaps you missed my thinly veiled sarcasm on the first post? A building inspectors job is primarily to be extremely nosy and "right" in all situations. Poor Glade couldn't help himself. Wasn't justifying it, rather, it was a jab at him. Jeez, can we ever have fun here anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    dood, youve posted your truck rig for sale and pondering the house sale all over these boards....you are self doxxed....
    Yeah, and between all of that and the photos I post you could probably triangulate my entire life down to what toilet paper I prefer. The scary part is Google knows even more.

It's a form of doxxing, essentially. Many of us post enough info here that someone with the wherewithal and desire could figure out where we live, our names, etc. My mortgage company is public record, and if someone here was persistent enough, they could probably find out the name of the mortgagor. That doesn't mean it is ok to do so, simply because it is public record and I posted enough info that they could sleuth that public info. Chup posted his county and his road name, that's it. And he certainly didn't post those to assist someone in trying to find his neighbor's parcel and rebut whatever Chup said about the situation.

Glademaster may have thought "no big deal" like you say, but what he did is incredibly lame, and for him to come back into this thread and shrug it off, and for you to be an apologist for him (and yes, that is what you have done in these past 2 posts), is even lamer.
    I may come off sounding lame and completely myopic, but this place is a community. I have made friends from all over the country on the weird corner of the interwebs. Drank with, ate with, skied with, fished with and have even used mags to buy property, finance real estate, fix cars, etc... To misuse that community to prove how cool you are and how smart you to out another member is so not cool. I don't know what gets you banned on here, and I am glad it takes a LOT, but in my view, this is the worst offense possible.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Perhaps you missed my thinly veiled sarcasm on the first post?
    Your thinly veiled sarcasm was heavily veiled, sure didn't read to me as some kind of statement against what he did, it read an awful lot like a defense. Guess I need to level-up my sarcasm detector.

Lol, mags who know me in real life would find it hilarious that I'm an apologist for a building inspector. I think most permits are a sham to collect more tax revenues from hard working citizens. Wax rings need a permit? Fuck off. Perhaps you missed my thinly veiled sarcasm on the first post? A building inspectors job is primarily to be extremely nosy and "right" in all situations. Poor Glade couldn't help himself. Wasn't justifying it, rather, it was a jab at him. Jeez, can we ever have fun here anymore?

Yeah, and between all of that and the photos I post you could probably triangulate my entire life down to what toilet paper I prefer. The scary part is Google knows even more.
    at least you are armed for any impending dox based assault...i dont think google will come after u, just eventually convert your online persona into some sort of Ai being.....along with the rest of us.....

they can start self driving my truck too when they pony up fuel and maintenance monies....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

LWS doxxes himself in jeans...errr, probably Carhartts based on his pics.

Your thinly veiled sarcasm was heavily veiled, sure didn't read to me as some kind of statement against what he did, it read an awful lot like a defense. Guess I need to level-up my sarcasm detector.
    I forget that many on here don't know me in person.

I actually texted another mag about how lame I think permits and building inspections are considering you're dealing with an unelected bureaucrat with all the power in the world to fuck up your life with little chance of appealing their decision other than a court system that seems to be heavily tipped in the favor of the Government, not the individual. Not to mention the thought of your property taxes used against you while you're paying out pocket for a lawsuit. Hope like hell you get a nice guy who will work with you, vs. some anti-development looney (which Glade has not given any indication of being the later).

Mrs. LWS' Grandmother is currently fighting her county over an easement that they deemed illegal for "wetland" protection (across a ditch THEY created back in the 1980s), thus preventing her from selling a piece of property she has owned since the 1970s. It was going to be her retirement more or less. And now she has spent close to 15k in legal fees to try and get this solved. I think she's pretty close now, but what a nightmare for her.

Perhaps my sarcasm was hidden because I'm scared of Glade?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    LWS doxxes himself in jeans...errr, probably Carhartts based on his pics.
    https://www.vertx.com/phantom-lt-pants I mostly wear these.

I forget that many on here don't know me in person.

I actually texted another mag about how lame I think permits and building inspections are considering you're dealing with an unelected bureaucrat with all the power in the world to fuck up your life with little chance of appealing their decision other than a court system that seems to be heavily tipped in the favor of the Government, not the individual. Not to mention the thought of your property taxes used against you while you're paying out pocket for a lawsuit. Hope like hell you get a nice guy who will work with you, vs. some anti-development looney (which Glade has not given any indication of being the later).
    I get it. I struggled with whether to permit my remodel (I did quite a bit more than replace a toilet ring) because of the idea that the permitting system is clearly a money making venture for the govt, that a good contractor will do good work regardless of whether it gets inspected, plus the inspection adds layers of BS, and it's not like the inspection will catch all the bad things. Ultimately, I did have the work permitted at quite a bit of extra expense, for a host of reasons, but I understand the distrust.

LWS doxxes himself in Vertx's.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    LWS doxxes himself in Vertx's.
    Well. You have to be tactical when it comes to these things.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31913755_10216236780981888_5197527026549915648_o.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	251135

flowing alpy doxxed me. True story.

Tactically wearing pants should make week in review thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

a good contractor will do good work regardless of whether it gets inspected
    Unfortunately, there are as many shitty contractors as there are good ones. I've seen some crazy double-face-palm level stuff.

Yeah, a lot of permitting is bullshit... but then when some building falls down (or a bridge collapses) and kills a bunch of people, suddenly everyone thinks there should be more oversight.

in defense of permitting, it is NOT just a money grubbing scheme for local government
    ask me why over beers sometime when you're drunk enough to sit for a boring explanation

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    in defense of permitting, it is NOT just a money grubbing scheme for local government
    ask me why over beers sometime when you're drunk enough to sit for a boring explanation
    figures an architect would be in cahoots.

figures an architect would be in cahoots.
    Architects are lions, Building inspectors are hyenas.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I deleted the thread.

One of the frequent posters seemed intent on not simply enjoying the spectacle for what it was, but rather to try and disprove that the construction or the lot was not all that bad. For whatever reason, he never seemed to grasp that the point of the story was not so much about the lot, but about the personality of the owner and his manner of approaching everything. His last post sounded like he had been investigating a little bit close for comfort, perhaps to the point of reaching out to someone on site or at the county level. Since the thread had enough information to figure out where I lived and who I was, that was enough.

So, sorry, the entertainment thread is gone.
    some people take the internet way to seriously
    bummer, way to ruin the fun
    chup almost got busted and found that's not cool
    I prefer my annonimity here, fuck if anyone was to find out who I am that would suck and not be good

here to enjoy the spectacle