Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Almost seems like there has to be. The width of Shimano freehub bodies hasn't changed in close to 30 years, and M7000/M8000 cassettes were designed to work on them.

It might be a design flaw in a spinergy wheel. When I put the cassette on it goes right onto the spokes thus why it wouldn't freewheel. I can just barely get the cassette screwed on.

Just looked at spinergy's website and it says of purchased before 2014 you need to buy a new freehub body. They are older than 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    It might be a design flaw in a spinergy wheel. When I put the cassette on it goes right onto the spokes thus why it wouldn't freewheel. I can just barely get the cassette screwed on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    Just looked at spinergy's website and it says of purchased before 2014 you need to buy a new freehub body. They are older than 2014.
    Yeah, the new cassette overhangs on the inside, thus hitting the spokes. On 99% of wheels this isn't an issue. The new freehub body you're getting is going to move the freehub body splines out a couple MM to give spoke clearance, but the splines aren't any wider.

I'm guessing 10-spd would have worked fine................