FS: Cheap Old Gear and MISC Parts (Skis, Boots, Accessories, Etc.)

Most items are old, with not-so-impressive condition or wear. If any interest, I will post more detailed info & more photos.

All prices are "Just make an offer". Some items might warrant "Free + shipping + a couple bucks for my hassle of packing/shipping".

Shipping is from Calif (93907). Might be able to deliver to Colorado A-Basin area, but maybe not. (My car will be overloaded).

1.) SOLD to Soups for $40 + meet-up: 2008 Volkl Mantra 177cm
    2.) 2006 Salomon Teneighty Gun 175cm (same as PocketRocket, except graphics)
    3.) 2009 Salomon Rocker 192cm: $45 + shipping (warning, shipping ain't cheap for these heavy & long skis)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3193.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	858.6 KB 
ID:	250845

4.) 1997 Volkl Explosiv 3 180cm
    5.) 2005 K2 Apache Chief 174cm
    6.) SOLD to detuned (with old bindings) for $20 + shipping: 2009 Volkl Aura 170cm

Name:	OldSkis.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	781.9 KB 
ID:	250853

7.) 2011 Nordica HotRod 90W Ski Boots, size 24.0/24.5 285mm (Women's boot, metal buckles, plush fleece liners, the insoles are missing so buy some Superfeet or whatever)
    Low mileage, but custom boot-fitting punches were performed, and one spot on the instep looks like an unintentional little melty wave in the plastic. Can you can restore the factory shape by dunking shells in boiling water? Or what?
    This model at https://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-sk...od-90-w-womens

Name:	IMG_3196.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	250846

8.) SOLD to El Chupacabra for free - 1.5 pairs of Cat-Tracks (for grip and preventing sole wear when walking in ski boots, I can determine size/brand by request)

Name:	IMG_3202.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	250852

9.) Pro-Tec Padded Shorts, size Mens Large (I bought them brand new, wore them for ~5 days of skiing, then washed, then sat in storage for years)

Name:	IMG_3199.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	717.3 KB 
ID:	250847

10.) SOLD to El Chupacabra for free - Brand New goggle lenses for DXS (small size for kids?) model by Dragon Alliance (clear lenses, Ionized amber-ish lens, and another amber one?)

Name:	IMG_3200.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	250850

11.) Grip Parts, for Goode ski poles

Name:	IMG_3201.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	250851

12.) Baskets (standard, for firm snow), for Goode ski poles

Name:	IMG_2917.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	250865

Last edited by Vitamin I; Yesterday at 09:39 PM.
    "My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

- BUY my CHEAP OLD SKIS with some rust at this thread
    - BUY my Bindings, DEMO Bindings, and PRIOR A-STAR SKIS at this thread
    - BUY my Look/Rossi BINDINGS and PARTS at this thread
    - TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

Reserved to host images for PM's.

Hi detuned,
    these are the best-looking pair of low-DIN bindings in my stash. I also have brakes (not pictured).

Name:	IMG_3234.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	933.2 KB 
ID:	251658

Name:	IMG_3235.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	251659

Name:	IMG_3236.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	251660

Last edited by Vitamin I; 10-19-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    "My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

- TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

I'll get 2nd in line for the Mantras if Laps doesnt take them. Pending condition/mounts/etc.

How many mounts on the 192 Rocker’s?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    How many mounts on the 192 Rocker’s?
    2 mounts:
    - 1 is unidentified (4 holes per toe, 4 holes per heel)
    - 1 is Jester for 338mm BSL. And all those heel holes have tap-in inserts, but no apparent signs of trouble with any of those inserts.

1 tiny coreshot on edge. Other than that, bases & edges & sidewalls look good for great solid ski performance. HOWEVER, mysterious sticky stuff on the topsheet. I can't figure out that mystery...looks like a thin layer of glue-type stuff, with remains of pink foam or insulation on that layer of glue...makes no sense...not a shot ski...maybe a spill in a garage??? Anyway, if I didn't already have a 2nd identical pair already mounted up for my boot, then I would just keep this pair and scrape or sand the sticky stuff off from the topsheet, and I wouldn't care if it looked cosmetically scratched up. Anyway, it will be priced low for any buyer who's willing to ski it.

What is this sticky stuff?

Name:	sticky1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	626.1 KB 
ID:	250870

Name:	sticky2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	546.1 KB 
ID:	250869

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    2 mounts:
    - 1 is unidentified (4 holes per toe, 4 holes per heel)
    - 1 is Jester for 338mm BSL. And all those heel holes have tap-in inserts, but no apparent signs of trouble with any of those inserts.

1 tiny coreshot on edge. Other than that, bases & edges & sidewalls look good for great solid ski performance. HOWEVER, mysterious sticky stuff on the topsheet. I can't figure out that mystery...looks like a thin layer of glue-type stuff, with remains of pink foam or insulation on that layer of glue...makes no sense...not a shot ski...maybe a spill in a garage??? Anyway, if I didn't already have a 2nd identical pair already mounted up for my boot, then I would just keep this pair and scrape or sand the sticky stuff off from the topsheet, and I wouldn't care if it looked cosmetically scratched up. Anyway, it will be priced low for any buyer who's willing to ski it.

Shipping & a sixer?

I'd like the Cat Trax and one or two of the DXS lenses - Mrs C uses that goggle. Will send you a PM and see if our paths are going to cross anytime this fall or winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Looks like only one mount on the auras? Decent condition? Sixer plus shipping to Missoula?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Shipping & a sixer?
    That's not an unreasonable offer on my Rocker 192, but low enough that it's not an automatic "yes" for me. I gotta think about it. It's the only ski in this thread long enough for me to actually ski on, so at that price it seems like maybe I should beat it up on the slopes myself for another few months first. Not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gholman12 View Post
    Looks like only one mount on the auras? Decent condition? Sixer plus shipping to Missoula?
    Auras are Drilled 3x:
    - 279mm BSL for Salomon STH/912/etc
    - 285mm BSL for Marker Jester/Griffon/Squire
    - Marker Duke/Baron Small

If the Salomon holes work for your BSL, I have a quite nice, shiny black Salomon S810 binding that I can mount into those holes for you, in which case you wouldn't ever have to see the 3 sets of holes, haha. ...And S810 seems appropriate for this 170cm women's ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    I'll get 2nd in line for the Mantras if Laps doesnt take them. Pending condition/mounts/etc.
    All you, Soups. I would be all over them but scored some free k2s with tele bindings that will fill this spot in the quiver. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

The 2008 Volkl Mantra 177cm SOLD to Soups for $40 + meet-up.

Any guesstimate on # of days on those Guns?

This 175cm Gun/PocketRocket is FREE + shipping + a couple bucks for my hassle of packing/PostOffice.

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    No estimate on # of days. Some tail "sidewall wear", an edge compression, and light rust---but edges & bases seem too good to retire this ski to the landfill.

Condition seems good enough that someone should have fun on it without worrying too much about hitting rocks, park rails, etc. ...and if you're heavy enough, then someday you'll break them and feel like "well, I got some good use out of them before they broke". At a heavy 210 lbs, back in the day, I had to retire a different pair of brand new 185cm PocketRockets on Day5 because its weak construction bent big-time under my heavy body (when I hit a stump not-impressively-hard-at-all).

- LOTS of edge material left (maybe never sharpened at all?)...just gotta tune off some light rust.
    - See photo of tails for "sidewall wear".
    - 13mm of camber remains between 2 skis when upright base-to-base, which usually means decent rebound in stiffer ski models...except PocketRockets have soft flex even when brand new, so don't expect huge rebound outta these skis...unless you have a lightweight body.
    - Drilled 1.75x for Salomon bindings.
    - 1 ski has no edge flaws. The other ski has 2 edge flaws: 1 edge compression is almost too minor to mention (pretty much straight), but see photo for the other edge compression which is "not-so-minor" (I can feel by hand that the edge is not same height as base material)---but just put that on your outside edge and you're fine.

Don't need to fix anything on it---mount, wax, maybe just clean off the rust, and ski without caring if you break it someday. If no takers, maybe I'll mount low-DIN Salomon bindings and give it away in the parking lot. Or I could probably Ebay it if I get inspired to clean off the unattractive cosmetic rust.

Name:	IMG_3203.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	377.2 KB 
ID:	251124

Name:	IMG_3206.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	528.9 KB 
ID:	251125

Name:	IMG_3209.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	771.4 KB 
ID:	251126

Name:	IMG_3210.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	741.1 KB 
ID:	251127

Name:	IMG_3211.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	656.8 KB 
ID:	251128

Quote Originally Posted by CS2-6 View Post
    those are definitely the best all mountain bump ski beer money can buy, who gives a fuck the number of days on them? THOSE ARE THE ONES FOR YOU.

Omg, I have had three of your pairs. All are “would buy again”. Nice quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    those are definitely the best all mountain bump ski beer money can buy, who gives a fuck the number of days on them? THOSE ARE THE ONES FOR YOU.
    Foam cores. Worth asking but still the nicest flex for a soft ski. I could butter those things like crazy.

The Explosivs have rust on the metal edges, 9 heel holes per ski, and 11 toe holes per ski.
    Other than that, they're in quite good condition. No bends, no issues with the edges or bases or sidewalls, and about 23mm of camber between bases when upright base-to-base. I would just mount, tune the rust off the edges, wax, then ski.

Name:	IMG_3212.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	905.8 KB 
ID:	251435

Name:	IMG_3213.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	840.5 KB 
ID:	251436

Name:	IMG_3214.jpg 
Size:	800.5 KB 
ID:	251437

Name:	IMG_3215.jpg 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	251438

Name:	IMG_3216.jpg 
Size:	788.7 KB 
ID:	251439

Name:	IMG_3217.jpg 
Size:	768.3 KB 
ID:	251440

Name:	IMG_3218.jpg 
Size:	603.1 KB 
ID:	251441

Auras have rusty edges, but will be clean if you use even something as soft as an eraser or abrasive rubber on them (See before & after photo below for one small section of edge that I cleaned).
    Drilled 3x looks ugly, but strong metal will take more holes, and bindings will cover ugly old holes.
    2 p-tex repaired gouges in base could use a refill someday, to top off the filled ptex in those gouges.

Name:	IMG_3219.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	251595

Name:	IMG_3220.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	930.7 KB 
ID:	251596

Name:	IMG_3222.jpg 
Size:	932.2 KB 
ID:	251597

Name:	IMG_3223.jpg 
Size:	783.0 KB 
ID:	251598

Name:	IMG_3224.jpg 
Size:	798.7 KB 
ID:	251599

Name:	IMG_3225.jpg 
Size:	731.4 KB 
ID:	251600

Name:	IMG_3226.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	784.7 KB 
ID:	251601

Name:	IMG_3227.jpg 
Size:	604.2 KB 
ID:	251602

Name:	IMG_3230.jpg 
Views:	26 
ID:	251603

The 3x holes look ugly without bindings.

Name:	IMG_3232.jpg 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	251604

But bindings will cover the ugly holes.

Name:	IMG_3233.jpg 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	251605

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    The Explosivs have rust on the metal edges, 9 heel holes per ski, and 11 toe holes per ski.
    Other than that, they're in quite good condition. No bends, no issues with the edges or bases or sidewalls, and about 23mm of camber between bases when upright base-to-base. I would just mount, tune the rust off the edges, wax, then ski.

Name:	IMG_3212.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	905.8 KB 
ID:	251435

Name:	IMG_3213.jpg 
Size:	840.5 KB 
ID:	251436

Name:	IMG_3214.jpg 
Size:	800.5 KB 
ID:	251437

Name:	IMG_3215.jpg 
ID:	251438

Name:	IMG_3216.jpg 
Size:	788.7 KB 
ID:	251439

Name:	IMG_3217.jpg 
Size:	768.3 KB 
ID:	251440

Name:	IMG_3218.jpg 
Size:	603.1 KB 
ID:	251441

I you don’t have a set, these are really sweet & tune up well. Care to quote me a $ to 05773?

Give those explosivs a touch of tip rocker and ski with joy forever. Still one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

These 180cm Explosivs are a bit short for me. I'd keep them if they were 190cm.

Someone out there should put this pair back into action on the hill. These are impressively stiff and should get good grip on the early-season WROD's.