Mail order zipper service? Cloudveil is dead?

Seems like cloudveil is no more.
    So my warranty is worthless.
    Need a zipper on a like new coat.

Ironic that Stio Steve tried to buy his old company, and now its out of biz.

I have switched to stio, but can't see throwing out my old coat.
    . . .

Maybe do MiCol jacket swap thingie?
    There is a place in Truckee, CA is all I know.

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

What causes a zipper to fail on a "like new" jacket? I had a brand new coat last season, eBay purchase, that I skied two days in a couple weeks apart and the thread came loose around the teeth. I am wondering if I banged my ski edge against the zipper cutting the thread while juggling my gear huffing to the base or car? One little slice of the ski edge cuts one little thread stitching then it unraveled over a couple hours of use and it's wrecked. Figure that's the downside of no longer having that flap covering the zipper to keep water out.. Ya, zippers are better, tighter, less air or water blows in, but I don't think anyone considered that flap also protected the stitching holding the zipper together from impact damage..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Cloudveil sucks. I had the same thing happen on my brand new RPK gore Tex soft shell jacket. My wife got it for me as a Xmas present and paid something around $500 full retail from them. I contacted cloudveil immediately about the failure, while they were still in business, and they refused to fix it. Again, I had a receipt, full price, from them. They directed me to rainy pass in Seattle who wanted $225 to replace the main zipper. Bottom line, fuck cloudveil and whoever owned them. Shitty ass company who tried to make it off the Jackson name.

Seamstress?

Also, Patagonia might fix it for you too.

Just move on.

They had a nice soft shell, but the pockets all wore holes thru on the inside. Couldn’t keep shit in your pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Seamstress?
    ^^^ This ^^^

or...

RAINY PASS REPAIR
    4415 Stone Way North
    Seattle, WA 98103-7422
    Tel. 206-523-8135
    Tel. 888-747-7867
    Web: www.rainypass.com

I like my Cloudveil stuff, no problems with either jacket I've owned.

Boulder mountain repair? http://bouldermtnrepair.com/
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I had a zipper fail on a Pattagucci coat that they wanted me to pay to send in and then pay to repair.

The Green Darner, who is BZN locals, replaced the zipper pull for $10. The new pull is slightly larger and more robust and I have had no issues since. Zipper lube is your friend on all jackets that are performance oriented where things like pulls have longetivity compromised for weight.

I can afford Cloudveil and Stio but I need maggot help to get a zipper fixed.

FKNA!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I can afford Cloudveil and Stio but I need maggot help to get a zipper fixed.

FKNA!
    I worked in the 90s managing luggage stores for a nationwide retail chain that had two major repair shops and did tons of zipper work. They charged $2 per INCH to replace a zipper. Should have seen the looks we got when we told that to people who brought in sleeping bags. 80% of the labor is the tedious process of removing the old zipper. I occasionally had customers ask if it would be cheaper to remove it themselves. Sometimes they can repair sections and missing teeth with super glue.. lasts a while but not as good as full replacement.

Sara/ Burgess Customs in Victor ID had started out making custom ski pants but I ran into her recently and she said they have morphed into doing more gear repair if you wanted to send to them. https://www.facebook.com/Burgess-Custom-277330255647/
    http://www.burgesscustom.com/
    but also is it worth it to reclaim a jacket you haven't worn in a decade? (guessing given that cloudveil went under and you say it's in near new condition)
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Sara/ Burgess Customs in Victor ID had started out making custom ski pants but I ran into her recently and she said they have morphed into doing more gear repair if you wanted to send to them. https://www.facebook.com/Burgess-Custom-277330255647/
    http://www.burgesscustom.com/
    but also is it worth it to reclaim a jacket you haven't worn in a decade? (guessing given that cloudveil went under and you say it's in near new condition)
    Oh Sara is good!! She makes some really really cool ski pants. And she’s a good person and a ripping skier too. Defiantly check out her work!

I posted something about mail in zipper repair here awhile ago. For a Cloudveil RPK actually. I'll see if I can find who it was. She did a great job.

Definitely wasn't a design defect in my case, so no hard feelings there. Would buy another RPK if I could.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

get a sewing machine, learn to sew, DIY the mother fucker

I posted something about mail in zipper repair here awhile ago. For a Cloudveil RPK actually. I'll see if I can find who it was. She did a great job.

Definitely wasn't a design defect in my case, so no hard feelings there. Would buy another RPK if I could.
    How much did it cost?

Sorry for the delayed reply.
    It cost a lot less than a new jacket. A lot less.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.