Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,037

    Lange xt free pro model LV

    Has anyone put a hand on these yet? Iím really looking to find out if they have a DIN sole w tech fittings? Reading makes it seem this way....

    Excited for 97mm last and not having to change all my bindings due to stupid wtr shit.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,158

    Lange xt free pro model LV

    They do. Tried them on at shop, liked em. My pair arrives Monday. Went 130 tho

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Squaw, CA-Girdwood, AK
    Posts
    250
    Just a FYI, all the 18/19 Lange's are shipping with DIN soles. You can purchase a Gripwalk sole set to install if you want a rockered sole.
    "He thinks the carpet pissers did this?"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    3,037
    Thatís great news. Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Has anyone put a hand on these yet? I’m really looking to find out if they have a DIN sole w tech fittings?
    Yes, they come with an ISO 5355 alpine sole on the boot. The pair I opened had a WTR sole in the box as well. Too stiff for me as well, I went with the 130 LV.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Yes, they come with an ISO 5355 alpine sole on the boot. The pair I opened had a WTR sole in the box as well. Too stiff for me as well, I went with the 130 LV.
    I got a pair on the way... found the first gen xt 130 to be a tad soft... hopefully these correct that.

    How's the flex feel in comparison to the rx130?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    西 雅 圖
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    How's the flex feel in comparison to the rx130?
    A bit softer than the RX, but I like the smoothness of the Dual Core. You shooting for 25.5 again?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    A bit softer than the RX, but I like the smoothness of the Dual Core. You shooting for 25.5 again?
    I got my toes removed so I can size down to 24.5 this time. :Fm:

    The dual core Langes seem to be roomier than the og RX I had. I didn't need nearly as much boot work to fit in the latest gen RX. Barely any toe punches even.

    I'll pay a midweek visit sometime soon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,351
    Anyone have a mid-season update on these?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    2,573
    Btw, one shop employee in Truckee was told by a Lange rep that the only difference between the 130 and 140 freetours is the liner.
    The shell is supposedly the same.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Winthrop, WA. Methow valley
    Posts
    742
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Btw, one shop employee in Truckee was told by a Lange rep that the only difference between the 130 and 140 freetours is the liner.
    The shell is supposedly the same.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    That was my understanding. Can anyone confirm or deny? Really curious as I'm in the market but have a pair of zips I want to use instead

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Anyone have a mid-season update on these?
    Have been skiing them and Iím happy. Mostly alpine and a little uphill. Only negative; not easy to get off your feet.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Btw, one shop employee in Truckee was told by a Lange rep that the only difference between the 130 and 140 freetours is the liner.
    The shell is supposedly the same.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I think the 140 shell is stiffer fwiw... having skied both with the same liner but I could be wrong. Boot fitter remarked the plastic on the 140 was different than the 130 when he was punching and grinding my 140s

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Btw, one shop employee in Truckee was told by a Lange rep that the only difference between the 130 and 140 freetours is the liner.
    The shell is supposedly the same.
    That used to be true of the RS 130/140, but a few different bootfitters have told me that the 140 Freetour uses stiffer plastic than the 130 Freetour. I don't know anyone who's skied the 130 and 140 Freetours side by side with the same liner, though.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 03-06-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    That used to be true of the RS 130/140, but a few different bootfitters have told me that the 140 Freetour uses stiffer plastic than the 130 Freetour. I don't know anyone who's skied them side by side with the same liner, though.
    me, in worn out RX130 liners. XT140s are stiffer

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    me, in worn out RX130 liners. XT140s are stiffer
    hmm. not stiffer, but different. I have 130 days in my original RX liners and I can keep the buckles slammed all day without discomfort.

    The flex is comparable, but not as progressive IMO.

    For me, the continued ramp-up of the rx130 makes it the stronger boot. I definitely prefer it in variable and hard snow conditions, but the XT is a nice daily driver and rad for boot packs and work. Also feels much lighter on the foot, which is nice if you're gonna be in ski boots all day long. The XT feels to have a more upright stance, even with a WC spoiler attached, leading to a less aggressive feel as well. As Luke noted, the lower cuff does clamp down on the instep when removing the boots if you're not careful. Luckily that part of the boot flexes softer than the RX so I can manually control those flaps and keep them off my tender bits when removing it.

    All in all, I'm happy with the boot. Like the RX, the new dual-core mold is a much better fit than the old XT, except I had to have a few additional modifications done, such as the mega low volume toe box, which was giving me very cold and bruised toenails. That was an easy fix by the bootfitter. The ultralon liner does not breathe as well as the RX, but has a better more comfortable face fabric compared to the standard Intuition, a la Dreamliner.

    Good boots, wouldn't want to tour very far in them, unless the descent was absolutely worth it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Btw, one shop employee in Truckee was told by a Lange rep that the only difference between the 130 and 140 freetours is the liner.
    The shell is supposedly the same.

    Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I do think the shell is different, as well as the liner, plus the "pro" has a monster spoiler added to it for rearward support that the 130 does not have.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    hmm. not stiffer, but different. I have 130 days in my original RX liners and I can keep the buckles slammed all day without discomfort.

    The flex is comparable, but not as progressive IMO.

    For me, the continued ramp-up of the rx130 makes it the stronger boot. I definitely prefer it in variable and hard snow conditions, but the XT is a nice daily driver and rad for boot packs and work. Also feels much lighter on the foot, which is nice if you're gonna be in ski boots all day long. The XT feels to have a more upright stance, even with a WC spoiler attached, leading to a less aggressive feel as well. As Luke noted, the lower cuff does clamp down on the instep when removing the boots if you're not careful. Luckily that part of the boot flexes softer than the RX so I can manually control those flaps and keep them off my tender bits when removing it.

    All in all, I'm happy with the boot. Like the RX, the new dual-core mold is a much better fit than the old XT, except I had to have a few additional modifications done, such as the mega low volume toe box, which was giving me very cold and bruised toenails. That was an easy fix by the bootfitter. The ultralon liner does not breathe as well as the RX, but has a better more comfortable face fabric compared to the standard Intuition, a la Dreamliner.

    Good boots, wouldn't want to tour very far in them, unless the descent was absolutely worth it.
    I'm pretty sure LVS was talking about the 140 Freetour to the 130 Freetour. At least, that's what I was talking/asking about. 140 Freetour compared to RS130 is apples to oranges. A lighter boot with a walk mode just isn't gonna ski like a heavy boot with a rigid spine, even if it's as stiff/stiffer.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I'm pretty sure LVS was talking about the 140 Freetour to the 130 Freetour. At least, that's what I was talking/asking about. 140 Freetour compared to RS130 is apples to oranges. A lighter boot with a walk mode just isn't gonna ski like a heavy boot with a rigid spine.
    gotcha. surprisingly, xt140/rx130 are very close in performance to the point that I was confused by his comment.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    hmm. not stiffer, but different. I have 130 days in my original RX liners and I can keep the buckles slammed all day without discomfort.

    The flex is comparable, but not as progressive IMO.

    For me, the continued ramp-up of the rx130 makes it the stronger boot. I definitely prefer it in variable and hard snow conditions, but the XT is a nice daily driver and rad for boot packs and work. Also feels much lighter on the foot, which is nice if you're gonna be in ski boots all day long. The XT feels to have a more upright stance, even with a WC spoiler attached, leading to a less aggressive feel as well. As Luke noted, the lower cuff does clamp down on the instep when removing the boots if you're not careful. Luckily that part of the boot flexes softer than the RX so I can manually control those flaps and keep them off my tender bits when removing it.

    All in all, I'm happy with the boot. Like the RX, the new dual-core mold is a much better fit than the old XT, except I had to have a few additional modifications done, such as the mega low volume toe box, which was giving me very cold and bruised toenails. That was an easy fix by the bootfitter. The ultralon liner does not breathe as well as the RX, but has a better more comfortable face fabric compared to the standard Intuition, a la Dreamliner.

    Good boots, wouldn't want to tour very far in them, unless the descent was absolutely worth it.
    I should clarify. XT130 vs Xt140 in RX130 liners... RX130 is a more powerful boot. XT130 feels very soft. XT140 feels similar overall stiffness to RX130, just more harsh and the rearward flex isn't as supportive for all those big backseat hucks we all do.

    (That said I hundreds of days in RX130s... so far 1 day in the XT140. I am bringing them to Europe so will have better feedback on XT140 by the end of trip.)

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,129
    This makes me want an XT140. Ugh.

    Ideal boot quiver:
    ZB - inbounds
    XT140 - pow touring, travel, inbounds @ < 10F
    ZG TP - daily touring
    2020 Travers Carbon - skimo, traverses, etc
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    This makes me want an XT140. Ugh.

    Ideal 4 boot quiver:
    ZB - charging
    XT140 - charging when cold, travel, pow touring
    ZG TP - daily touring
    2020 Travers Carbon - skimo, traverses, etc
    I just bought skibrd's ZB... so I'm:
    ZB (Hardsnow facemelt groomer laps)
    RX RI (Pink Panther/140 - daily driver)
    XT140 (Travel/Short Downhill Focused Lift Assist tours)
    TLT5P (Skimo/Spring Tours)

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,129
    ZB to pink panther comparo would be appreciated.

    ZBs ski amazing -- been my only inbounds boot for the past 3 "seasons" (not that I've skied all that much) -- but despite massive amounts of boot work, they're not really wide enough for my fat feet to ski for more than a few days in a row without pain. Also my feet freeze when it's < ~5F, even with boot gloves and external toe warmers.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,351
    Sounds like I may go for the XT140 for my new touring boot.

    Don't do many long tours (6 miles+) so carrying extra weight is meh to me.

    Also are easier to fit into race ski bindings for those coaching days where demos are required by its f@#*ing cold.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I don't know anyone who's skied the 130 and 140 Freetours side by side with the same liner, though.
    I have both. I use the actual same liners for each (either Zipfit for resort or TourWrap for sledski/tour).

    The 140 is noticeably stiffer. Though itís also newer.

    The rep said something about an updated walk mode on the pro. But I canít see a difference other than colour. Maybe materials & tolerances??? I dunno.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •