Thread: Bozeman Jobs?

Bozeman Jobs?

Bozeman is calling my name this winter and I need to leave my current job before I go too bonkers. Anyone have any leads on decent paying jobs that will let me work a 4:10 schedule?

Had a phone interview for Arlin’s at the airport, and sent apps off to a handful of other places found on Craigslist. I’ve got too much customer service experience, formally educated in journalism-PR, as well as some grunt labor experience. Any leads most appreciated, I’m open to most anything that allows me to maximize ski time. Could use housing leads too...friend’s couch can only be temporary, he says.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'd pay plentiful commissions if you found me some clients up there.
    Not a steady paycheck kind of thing though. Maybe supplemental.

There are more jobs than people here right now. There is less housing than people as well.

Problem is that so many want to do "most anything that allows me to maximize ski time".

I understand that mindset as I have played that game going on 35 years.

Unless things have changed radically, Arlens doesn't pay shit and they always are asking for you to pick up more shifts.

Got any Bartending experience?

Best bet, find a place with 4-5 other like minded individuals down in Big Sky, the labor market down there is really tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I'd pay plentiful commissions if you found me some clients up there.
    Not a steady paycheck kind of thing though. Maybe supplemental.
    What line of work are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    There are more jobs than people here right now. There is less housing than people as well.

Problem is that so many want to do "most anything that allows me to maximize ski time".

I understand that mindset as I have played that game going on 35 years.

Unless things have changed radically, Arlens doesn't pay shit and they always are asking for you to pick up more shifts.

Got any Bartending experience?

Best bet, find a place with 4-5 other like minded individuals down in Big Sky, the labor market down there is really tight.
    Yeah, I may be dreaming, just hoping for a lucky break I guess. What do you do to make it happen?

Arlin’s doesn’t sound bad, $15/hr starting and 4:10 week. Duly noted though.

Sadly no bartending experience, and only know beer, so kind of hindered there.

Big Sky does seem to have plenty of jobs, but I’ve been warned about cost of living there versus Bozeman.

Big Sky/Bozeman not much difference in cost. Harder to find a place to live is the big factor.

$ 15.00 an hour x40 won't get you that far in Bozeman.

Plenty of construction jobs that pay well, even laborers make good money if they are reliable.

I produce printed materials like catalogs and brochures. Postcards, mailings, envelopes, etc. Posters, banners, demo tents and booths, etc.
    Point of contact is usually marketing director, graphic designer, owner, president etc. Prospects usually have a business that grosses about $100k-$50mil a year. Below that usually no marketing budget, over and they are usually a bit too big for me, but always open to talk to anyone.
    Would love new clients in a bunch of various cities all over the West.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Construction it pretty much the name of the game.

^^^ You pimpin dirt now?

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    ^^^ You pimpin dirt now?
    Yes, just getting started. Finishing up a renovation on a condo in town center right now. Hopefully my buddy is gonna buy another one soon, so I can get the double whammy of being the agent and doing the renovation work.

With that said, I am definitely in the market for fill in work. Hard to find anything with decent pay that isn't super full time. Don't want to sign onto a crew and then only be around for a couple months. If anyone knows anyone looking for some skilled labor with flex hours (like three 10 or 12 hour days.....or 2 week job, etc) let me know. I pretty much have all my own tools (all hand tools, power tools, nail guns, etc) + truck w/ tow setup, etc.

How's a guy go about getting paid in cash? Need to leave Australia for the snow you know

Good luck. I left because I couldn't find an engineering job there. I regret leaving though. Was back for thanksgiving and man even in two years its doubled in size.
    May have to come back and find some leads in construction management out there.

^^^ If you are any good at all I can steer you to a couple of companies.