Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Moment PB&Death. Group buy feeler.

Moment has offered to make some PB&Deaths available at standard retail price if 10 pre-orders happen.

What is a PB&Death you ask?
    It's a PB&J shape (101 waist), pressed with the Deathwish triple camber profile, and the Deathwish flex.

Why would you want one?
    1. Custom skis make you significantly cooler.
    2. You think the Deathwish is a fantastic ski, but you want something a bit narrower on groomers / bumps / trees etc.
    3. You believe in the gospel of triple camber. (Disclaimer: I don't actually know if it makes a lick of difference. I just know the Deathwish rules.)
    4. You dig the PB&J, but want something one notch softer that still grips like a Deathwish.
    5. You want some vintage Moment topsheet at retail cost. You don't care about the ski. Looking cool is 95% of the battle.

Here's what Melee says about them
    Lastly, we have made some PB&Deaths and people love them. I personally haven't been on one yet but its one of the skis we are playing with more this Fall for the 19/20 Collection.
    All the past PB&Deaths we have made had the Deathwish flex and they were hyped on the outcome.
    Logistics
    Moment is a big operation. That doesn't mean they can make us skis at cut rate prices or customize every ski. It does mean that once they have 10 invoices, they will get shit done and will ship us beautiful skis.

Price is full retail. Given this is a PB&J shape I assume that means PB&J price of $729. Free shipping per their usual.

We have to agree on:
    - 2 sizes. This should be simple: 182 and 188. If there are five ladies or small dudes, make your argument for a smaller size.
    - Flex. I want a Deathwish flex or I'm out. (Note: I assume this will be the slightly beefed up Deathwish flex of the 2018/19 ski.) The PB&J flex is also possible. But we'd likely need 10 buyers for each.
    - A topsheet. Any topsheet in the Moment collection, as long as we all get the same one. Make your pitch.

Respond here if you're interested or have questions.
    Add your name once you're pretty firm you want in on this.
    Once we get close to 10 firm parties, I'll email Luke @ Moment with our plan.

@Melee -- let me know if there is anything I left out. And thanks for making rad skis that we want more of.

P.S. I still think this ski should be named Le Petit Mort should it ever go into production. "The Little Death" -- or the sensation after orgasm.

Talking

You had me at ‘vintage topsheet’ ; was literally querying Jake about the vintage top sheets a few weeks ago. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5EE71A20-06A0-49E9-BEFF-A045FEB91628.png 
Views:	387 
Size:	921.7 KB 
ID:	250543

Name:  308C697E-37DA-45F7-A3BB-E78403C8DD63.jpeg
Views: 2240
Size:  217.2 KB

If anyone gets one of these and decides to sell let me know

#2 .
    If the finances fit, I would be up for this. I just don't know if the finances fit atm.

188 would be right nice.

Im in

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    You had me at ‘vintage topsheet’ ; was literally querying Jake about the vintage top sheets a few weeks ago. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5EE71A20-06A0-49E9-BEFF-A045FEB91628.png 
Views:	387 
Size:	921.7 KB 
ID:	250543
    This one has always given me childhood flashbacks to the game Ski Free.

In for a 188. Im thinking original underworld graphic.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Just bought some pbjs over some deathwishes.... hmmm... what are the numbers at?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:  926EDB16-1CF4-4268-8644-236197C66839.jpeg
Views: 2095
Size:  217.2 KB

Thinking this would be my vote (subject to change) in a 182? Can someone chime in on running length/feel as I’m trying to move to more ‘43 year old, ya don’t need to out run everyone, but ya still charge...’

We can have two sizes. I assume that will be 182 and 188 knowing this crowd.

Topsheet is probably the hard thing to agree on. Anyone know if there is a single inventory of all Moment topsheets online anywhere?

How does the deathwish in anyway affect your skiing on groomers? They are effortless rails.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    How does the deathwish in anyway affect your skiing on groomers? They are effortless rails.
    I tend to agree. It's why I have 2 pair. They are just a bit slower edge to edge and in the bumps than this ski of my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I tend to agree. It's why I have 2 pair. They are just a bit slower edge to edge and in the bumps than this ski of my imagination.
    Moment makes, or used to make, a bump ski. I don't think there is a need or a market for a hybrid. But good luck. I'm already sold.

Topsheet is probably the hard thing to agree on. Anyone know if there is a single inventory of all Moment topsheets online anywhere?
    ISSUU - Luke Jacobson
    ISSUU - Max Louis Miller

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.46.38 AM.png
Views: 1773
Size:  432.5 KB

I'd be in with this topsheet

I'm not interested in participated in the group buy, but DEFINITELY think this ski needs to be named Le Petit Mort (great idea Doebedoe), and it needs some skulls on it. If not, you're doing it wrong. Old underworld topsheet would be good, orrrrr I'm pretty sure Tyler Curle and one of the other guys in the shop did a one-off ski with some variation of the Misfit skulls. Try to find out what that was, cant find any photos right now.

Underworld 2015:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clone.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	356.7 KB 
ID:	250592

This is awesome! Wish I had the funds to join in. I'll be following along jealously. Probably not an option, but a peanut butter brown version of the 17/18 Deathwish topsheet would make me chuckle.

We have to agree on:
    - Flex. I want a Deathwish flex or I'm out. (Note: I assume this will be the slightly beefed up Deathwish flex of the 2018/19 ski.) The PB&J flex is also possible. But we'd likely need 10 buyers for each.
    If you go with the 188, it will have the beefed up Deathwish flex [18/19 version].

My only suggestion would be to stick with the Deathwish profile. We've built a Triple Camber ski with the PB&J profile before, and the thicker core profile does funky stuff to the Triple Camber.

The PB&Death's that we've built in the past all have the Deathwish profile and I've yet to hear a bad thing about them.

Also, I'll be extra happy if you go with the OG Underworld graphic posted above, because let's face it, that graphic is downright awesome.

SKULLS!!!!!
    Name:  moment-governor-skis-2014.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  90.3 KB

PB and Death is not necessarily anywhere near my needs, though the name (along with le petit mort) is rad

I am excited to see more talk about custom moments, though. I'd contribute to and love to see a small collection of custom moment concept skis. Finally at a stage in life that I can afford to pay retail (or above retail) for skis. While I would have a hard time paying the money to get my Meridian 127 in a touring layup built, I would be much more interested in doing so if I could get other guys on it, swap it out for a jibby bibby/ pbj for a day, etc. Especially around reno/tahoe/carson

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    SKULLS!!!!!
    Name:  moment-governor-skis-2014.jpg
Views: 1785
Size:  90.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Underworld 2015:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clone.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	356.7 KB 
ID:	250592
    Those. Are Fucking awesome. I'm all tapped out on ski purchases for the next few months, but if the red skulls are on there, I'll mug some people if I have to.

Someone tell me more about the flex, DW vs PBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Someone tell me more about the flex, DW vs PBJ.
    PB&J is a solid notche stiffer than the DW. The DW is no wimp, I'd describe it as a very round, medium-plus flex. In my experience, PB&Js become fun on edge after a good deal of speed. Deathwishes are fun at any speed except maybe mach 3.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Those. Are Fucking awesome. I'm all tapped out on ski purchases for the next few months, but if the red skulls are on there, I'll mug some people if I have to.
    I'd be down for either one. Love L'Petit Mort as a name for these. Good call jdadour.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

In, especially if they can get made before January. My vote is for the red skulls, duh.