Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 229
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    How many of something do you need for it to be called a “quiver of X...” ?
    1

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,671
    Too much of everything is just enough

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    5 or 6 pair of rayban wayfarer's, I get them on my Sunlife HCSA because i am still too healthy to spend the 1500$ a year and I must use it or lose it

    So every december I check the how much $$$ I need to spend and buy another pair

    with the progessive lenses they are fucking expensive
    We did that when my wife and I both got laid off one year in November.. right after annual enrollment. We had that much money available even though we has only put in a couple hundred. Ya, I've got 3 pairs of Oakleys. 4 pairs of vintage Vuarnets, and probably 6 pairs of RayBans, some came from that HSA windfall.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I don't know about you, but I don't collect wine, I just let it stay here a little while, then attack it in it's sleep.
    Yup. I'd never call it a collection. Just a stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    12,379
    Name:  6E8B18D8-7F2A-41F2-A700-119E501EA037.jpeg
Views: 447
Size:  128.3 KB

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    1,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Attachment 250749


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'd be either dead or maimed with those toys in my garage.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    7,298
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    a lab can ruin a frisbee in less than a day

    Iíve ruined one in a single throw. Fkn MVP flight plates. Folded that thing right up and no way am I fucking with trying to steam it back.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,571
    oh yeah... there's this quiver too.... I think I have little acquisition problem or, more accurately, used to. These are the ones that work, then there's another box full that need repair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1148.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	920.6 KB 
ID:	250860  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,921
    What time is it?

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,571
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    What time is it?
    couldn't tell ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    I started buying packs of assorted watch batteries in eBay and changing my own fucking watch batteries. There's only one Swiss Army watch I have that I don't feel comfortable cracking the back myself.. It's a dive watch. The other 4-5 I do myself..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    18,982
    I try not to collect much, a number of resets ... life is so uncertain
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    886
    We are quickly building a very impressive quiver of reusable grocery store bags.

    They conveniently hang on a hook in the garage next to the car rather than in the actual car where they would be useful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    Jesus christ. DO NOT EVER INVITE ME OVER TO YOUR HOUSE!!! (SHAKES HIS HEAD.... )

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    297
    Name:  JTS Brown.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  24.2 KB


    Fast Eddie Felson, "Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    ^^^Fuck yeah! That smokes my little one-shelf collection, Iím glad I didnít post it like I was thinking to.

    Can I come over some time?
    My favorite thing is to share.
    Training for Alpental

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Southern Colorado
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Hawaiian shirts. Not sure how it happened. It just did. I now have 22.
    That would be about 21 too many.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity's Gone View Post
    That would be about 21 too many.
    22

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    driving past the Stop and Shop
    Posts
    2,920
    Here's a guy who knows how to use a watch quiver:

    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ventura Highway in the Sunshine
    Posts
    21,461
    Fuck, this thread is depressing. I had a few different quivers, all gone now with the fire. A dozen or so watches, Omega, Breitling, TAGHuer, Frederique Constant, Seiko, Gevril, and a few assorted odds and ends. Several road bikes, a couple motorcycles, a bunch of nice wine, a couple antique bamboo fly rods ( and a couple modern carbon ones.)

    Biggest of all, and pretty decent collection of art, mostly antique lithographs, copper plate prints,and bronzes of birds and wildlife.

    No skateboards, though.

    I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Fuck, this thread is depressing. I had a few different quivers, all gone now with the fire. A dozen or so watches, Omega, Breitling, TAGHuer, Frederique Constant, Seiko, Gevril, and a few assorted odds and ends. Several road bikes, a couple motorcycles, a bunch of nice wine, a couple antique bamboo fly rods ( and a couple modern carbon ones.)

    Biggest of all, and pretty decent collection of art, mostly antique lithographs, copper plate prints,and bronzes of birds and wildlife.

    No skateboards, though.
    Ya, that really sucks! Half the reason I take photos of my collections of different shit is that I think it can probably be used as documentation for insurance purposes. That said, I highly doubt that the contents of the home are insured for the full retail replacement value. I tried keeping an excel workbook with a full home inventory, but keeping it up to date was daunting. it does give a better than nothing accounting of how much it might cost to replace most of our stuff. Last time I checked, looked like our policy would replace more than half of it, but the problem would be finding comparable items.. Took decades to collect this stuff and waiting for good deals on rare things in good condition. Insurance can't replace time and effort at that level.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    744
    It may be shocking to know that I have way more amplified sound systems that any one person needs. Lots of Denon and NAD with a variety of Quad, Boston Acoustics, Jamo, Yamaha, Kustom speakers.

    Living room

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_222847.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	977.9 KB 
ID:	253758

    Amp that feeds kitchen and back yard

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_222916.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	833.3 KB 
ID:	253759

    Bedroom stuff

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223029.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	809.2 KB 
ID:	253760

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223035.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	253761

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223050.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	930.3 KB 
ID:	253762

    200 Watt, portable, battery powered Bluetooth beast

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223117.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	253763

    Kitchen

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223137.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	916.0 KB 
ID:	253764

    Back bedroom home theater

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223156.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	899.5 KB 
ID:	253765

    Didn't go down the front stairs to get a pic of the big PA speakers and amp down there. And all of this stuff is to support The Collection:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	253766
    If it's too loud, you're too old

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    4,838
    ^^^ Nice! I've been running an early 90s JVC reciever, one of the early full surround units, in the living room for over 20 years because it supports old school turntables with an actual Phono setting/input with grounding and decent kicks movie and sports sound, I know that some more recent ones have brought the photo/turntable component back but it's just not the same as old school to me. Amazing the thing is still kicking out all channels perfectly. Been through about a half dozen other surround units in the other 3 bedrooms while the living room beast keeps going and going. Also got a couple P/As for mikes and jam music with monitors and mains. Nothing that would fill a large venue though, just small home stuff.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ventura Highway in the Sunshine
    Posts
    21,461
    Must be a big hit with the neighbors...eight blocks away

    I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    5,047
    Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    It may be shocking to know that I have way more amplified sound systems that any one person needs. Lots of Denon and NAD with a variety of Quad, Boston Acoustics, Jamo, Yamaha, Kustom speakers.

    Living room

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_222847.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	977.9 KB 
ID:	253758

    Amp that feeds kitchen and back yard

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_222916.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	833.3 KB 
ID:	253759

    Bedroom stuff

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223029.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	809.2 KB 
ID:	253760

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223035.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	253761

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223050.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	930.3 KB 
ID:	253762

    200 Watt, portable, battery powered Bluetooth beast

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223117.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	253763

    Kitchen

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223137.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	916.0 KB 
ID:	253764

    Back bedroom home theater

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181102_223156.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	899.5 KB 
ID:	253765

    Didn't go down the front stairs to get a pic of the big PA speakers and amp down there. And all of this stuff is to support The Collection:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	253766
    Nice, 38000 albums!

    Love seeing a house full of music gear.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •