Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Quivers? What else do you collect?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    they're not quivers or collections if you have a shitton of lots of stuff...it's just hoarding
    I think that depends on whether or not you actually use the gear or not. Or not.. If you've got 12 sets of golf clubs and fifty pitching wedges you've not used in over 5 years, that's probably hoarding. If you've got 12 pairs of skis and 30 jackets/pants and each pair gets out at least once a season or two, that's optimization hahahaha..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I understand Iceman has a nifty collection of Hummel figures
    No but he did show me his extensive menagerie of JONG tears. More like a library, really. Filed by JONG and butthurt type, along with a quick synopsis of the injury. You should ask for a tour sometime, he's spared no expense.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I think that depends on whether or not you actually use the gear or not. Or not.. If you've got 12 sets of golf clubs and fifty pitching wedges you've not used in over 5 years, that's probably hoarding. If you've got 12 pairs of skis and 30 jackets/pants and each pair gets out at least once a season or two, that's optimization hahahaha..
    I use the toolbox analogy: I might not use a star bit driver very often, but when I need one a hammer simply won't do- that's why I need all this shit that isn't tools or useful in any capacity aside from my amusement.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    any relation to dd’s mom?
    Is dd's Mom a boozer or like her condiments?

Dude I worked for in the 80's mom collected dolls and doll houses. Had them in every room of their house. Decorated them for every holiday too.. CREEPY!
    Was his Mom's name Cindybin?

I've got a quiver of boogers stuck under my desk at work.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Running shoes. Usually have 4-6 pairs in decent shape. Not as flash as a ski quiver, but frankly I put them to better use.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I've got a quiver of boogers stuck under my desk at work.
    10 bucks says the kid eats it

Let me guess, they're painted different colors too.

Other Quivers? What else do you collect?

I’m just a hoarder, junior partner level. The only cool collection I have besides ski/ outdoor equip is concert ticket stubs and some notable sporting event stubs.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 10-11-2018 at 05:33 PM.

These days, Cordless drills.

I seem to keep finding them in unlikely spots.

Usually with a dead battery and the chuck rusted around whatever was in it when the dumbfuck using it dropped it.

FS, nearly new Milwaukee M18 Cordless drill, 1 battery, no charger, cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Running shoes. Usually have 4-6 pairs in decent shape. Not as flash as a ski quiver, but frankly I put them to better use.
    weirdly with running shoes I am the opposite. 450+ miles on my trail shoes (akashas) and still going strong. I have considered getting a backup pair though...

road shoes last me forever because I hate running on the road

Fly rods for me.
    3 weight
    4 weight
    2 - 5 weights
    6 weight
    2 - 7 weights
    8 weight
    9 weight (used to have 2 but ine is of to Tyone)
    11 weight
    12 weight
    Also reels lines and all the other gear that goes with that many rods. I could liquidate and pay for my house build. But fuck that. Sometimes I just take them out and remember all the adventures we have been on.
    Yea i may have a problem
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I wish I had kept my concert ticket stubs from the 70s and 80s. I started saving them in the 90s. Now with everything e ticket those momentos are no longer an option. I've got about 30 concert t-shirts from big arena shows, mostly 80s. Not all are OG though . Several are re issues of the original ones I didn't get at the shows I was at.
    Last edited by SumJongGuy; 10-12-2018 at 07:35 AM.

I.wish I had kept my concert ticket stubs from the 70s and 80s. I started saving them in the 90s. Now with everything e ticket those momentos are no longer an option. I've got about 30 concert t-shirts from big arena shows, mostly 80s. Not all are OG though . Several are re issues of the original ones I didn't get at the shows I was at.
    i still have mine in a box. i got a pic somewhere but can't find it. also a few old concert tshirts that i can't bear to throw away.

Bikes. Mostly older ones. Thinking I may part with some soon.

'62 Carlton (built as 3spd upright)
    '71 MKM Cycles (TBD)
    '83 Trek 620 (commuter build)
    '84 Trek 720 (frame for when 620 dies)
    '95 Waterford (roadie)
    '01 Diamondback Axis Titanium (ss bar bike)

Plus the new bikes:
    '15 Surly Travelers Check (built w/ Jones bars)
    '16 Diamondback Release

Plus the GFs bikes:
    '82 Fuji mixte
    '85 Centurion Pro Tour
    '91 Muddy fox

It's not better or worse I guess, but I am the exact opposite of a collector/hoarder. I'm always getting rid of stuff. People give me shit about it but I am a minimalist at heart I suppose. I just don't like having a bunch of shit, I feel like it weighs me down mentally somehow.

I never buy anything and somehow I still end up with way too much shit between birthdays and christmas and whatnot. I just want one good one. Ski gloves and socks and long underwear would be the main exceptions I can think of offhand, I have a few pairs of each, mainly because they seem like they'll be useful at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I'm also an asshole when it comes to Disc Golf. I have a metric fuckton of discs now, and it's much of the same- you're never done buying because they wear out, you lose them, and of course you just plain old want shit.
    How does a frisbee wear out?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's not better or worse I guess, but I am the exact opposite of a collector/hoarder. I'm always getting rid of stuff. People give me shit about it but I am a minimalist at heart I suppose. I just don't like having a bunch of shit, I feel like it weighs me down mentally somehow.

I never buy anything and somehow I still end up with way too much shit between birthdays and christmas and whatnot. I just want one good one. Ski gloves and socks and long underwear would be the main exceptions I can think of offhand, I have a few pairs of each, mainly because they seem like they'll be useful at some point.
    I envy you a bit here....
    Working on thinning my pile.

Tyler Durdin had it right, your shit can end up owning you.

:::

The skate boards take me back, I owned at least a dozen of the boards pictured at one point or another. Only two survived...

I do have a bit of a bike problem.

Fishing gear and all the shit that goes with it. According to my wife I have a problem.

I have a fine collection of scars and hardware parts on my lower extremities.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    How does a frisbee wear out?
    The more you hit shit, the more understable a disc gets and sometimes after a point, that is not what you are looking for in that particular mold.

And DoWork, define metric fuckton.

2204.62 pounds of fuckton, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    The more you hit shit, the more understable a disc gets and sometimes after a point, that is not what you are looking for in that particular mold.

And DoWork, define metric fuckton.
    And they also get stuck in fucking trees. I keep a slingshot in my disk golf bag and can occasionally knock them loose. Haven't played in 5 years thought so the tubes on the wrist rocket are probably rotted away now. I need to get back out, best in the winter when the leaves are off the trees and poison ivy is at a minimum.

I could spend $50k on music equipment in an afternoon and Fuckin love it

Fishing stuff is also an easy hoardevour

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    2204.62 pounds of fuckton, duh.
    That's not metric, moran.

The closest I have to a quiver (rather than just a fuckton) is with backpacks. Each one kind of fills its own niche. Though I don't really use the 48L pack much anymore as I prefer the slightly smaller or larger ones or the big fanny pack as I initially loved it as it's hard to find small day packs that transfer weight to your hips if you have a long torso, but my Camelback with the bladder low in the waistband does a good job of it.

I probably have 8 that run from:
    Big hiking fanny pack
    Bike/hiking camelback
    ski touring day pack
    Travel daypack/laptop bag
    38 L Big daypack/ultralight pack
    ~48 L weekend pack
    ~ 60 L light extended trip pack
    ~ 90L extended trip backpacking pack