Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Inkline Closed?

Inkline Closed?

Anyone have any info on Inkline Boot Science here in SLC? i feel like last time i was at second tracks i saw their store blacked out. I figured it was for the summer. Now, their phone doesn't seem to work. i haven't physically drove past to get any more info. got some foot beds there last year and the owner seemed like a chill dude and really knew his stuff.

If they are out of business- does anyone have any suggestions for an expert salt lake bootfitter? looking to get some Solomon QST's heat molded to my foot. The inkline guy shell fit me at a 25.5, but i didn't buy from him. We made some footbeds for my current boots which are a size too big. when i did get my QST's later on in the season, they were tight enough with my footbeds that i couldn't' ski them. i'm hoping they aren't too small as we shell fit them without beds in. point is- i really want a bootfitter who knows their stuff and dedicates their time to proper bootfitting, not just someone who fits just to augment their sales of boots. i'm worried that my margin of error with these boots is small enough that i don't want to fuck around with someone who isn't skilled enough.

Unfortunately Chris has closed up shop from what I've heard. Their old space is for lease and no word on a new location. Guys at Second Tracks didn't have any info other than he packed up shop and they thought it was strange too.

I am also bummed as both my wife and myself have footbeds made by Chris and she had a lifetime fit on her boots that are barely broken in. I've heard good things about sports den but no direct experience.

I’ve had great experiences with Jeremy at the Sports Loft, as have several friends. I have real screwed up feet so it’s worth it for me, but be prepared because I doubt anyone in the state is more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I’ve had great experiences with Jeremy at the Sports Loft, as have several friends. I have real screwed up feet so it’s worth it for me, but be prepared because I doubt anyone in the state is more expensive.
    Sports Loft is great, you may need to get a second mortgage to cover the costs. Best pair of boots I ever bought were from Earl, Jeremy's dad. Paid additional for every punch, after spending $750 for boots + $225 for custom insoles. Charged for turning the screw on my Salomon STH2's for the new BSL. He purposely put me in boots that were too narrow and I believe punching em is why the boots were the best fit I ever had. With that said I bought my next pair from the Deep Powder House and they are also great. Honestly I think a lot of why my boots work better for me than 20 years ago is I know how to work with the fitter to get them right.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Yeah solid alternative. I liked inkline better, but ya know...sports loft is spendy as fuck

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yeah solid alternative. I liked inkline better, but ya know...sports loft is spendy as fuck

Ask a Salt Lake skier about their K2 boots and the comment would always include how expensive their boots were. My wife broke a buckle on hers, they were not at all ashamed to charge me $45 for the buckle only, not installed. I did keep the old one, drilled out the broken rivet, put in a new drift pin and she has a spare buckle for next time.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i dont see how ya can keep a lease on good retail space with a uni seasonal business model or charging earls lofty prices
    zo at dph has been good to me i hope hes still there
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i dont see how ya can keep a lease on good retail space with a uni seasonal business model or charging earls lofty prices
    They do got some gig going up there eh? Summers off. Easy living. Always busy.

SFB, he was there last year. Colby down the hill at the Motherlode did some work on my Rossi’s and did a solid for a friend of my sons who was dying with a bad fit. NC on a pair of boots bought elsewhere. I did reward him with a sixer.

Ski Loft charged $50 for a simple shell punch and then when I called 6 weeks later and told them it did not hold and needed to be re-punched they said "yeah that's real common, bring them in" When I did it was another $25. Not going back. I've had some good boot work from Ski Den on Foothills, but not everyone doing it there is up to speed.
    Gravity Junkie

word i got is inkline will be back
    with a new shop in the downtown grainery district
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Ask a Salt Lake skier about their K2 boots and the comment would always include how expensive their boots were. My wife broke a buckle on hers, they were not at all ashamed to charge me $45 for the buckle only, not installed. I did keep the old one, drilled out the broken rivet, put in a new drift pin and she has a spare buckle for next time.
    That’s robbery. New buckle cost is $7.50 to $10. Takes 5 min to install. I would charge $10 or not charge anything so as to get the customers future business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Ski Loft charged $50 for a simple shell punch and then when I called 6 weeks later and told them it did not hold and needed to be re-punched they said "yeah that's real common, bring them in" When I did it was another $25. Not going back. I've had some good boot work from Ski Den on Foothills, but not everyone doing it there is up to speed.
    You are kidding? A punch with a Scott press? Jesus, that is ridiculous.

word i got is inkline will be back
    with a new shop in the downtown grainery district
    Good to hear, hopefully its true

i doubt b and k would have told me if they didnt think it was true
    and they would know
    with dps and 4 front movin in
    ya outta be able to find plenty of knowledgeable ski and boot help
    at
    http://www.fisherbeer.com/

Inkline Closed?

Have you tried to call? Got this email in August ‘18
    Last edited by jackattack; 11-30-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Have you tried to call? Got this email in August ‘18

Attachment 251865
    Their shopfront at that address is fully emptied with a for lease sign. I tried calling and voicemail was full. FYI

Chris closed shopped but the girl who worked with him is at 2nd Tracks next door as bootfitter.

unfortunately I think zo's gone this year. fulltime at go ride I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by quicksandatl View Post
    Chris closed shopped but the girl who worked with him is at 2nd Tracks next door as bootfitter.
    I wouldn't let her fit me for a pair of flip flops. If Chris is gone nothing is getting done. He was always the only one doing any work, his "crew" ran around spraying about killing it at the Bird and looking down on you for having AT boots with a flex under 150.

Gotta give a big props to Matt Schiller who runs the Park City Boot Room.
    He’s a boot technician rather than just a boot fitter.

I had a situation where local SLC shop installed a Cantology shim on a boot exactly the # of degrees I asked for but the angle was too much and it skied like shit. The shop had some ideas for fixing it but it involved a lot more money, building up the bottoms on both boots etc.. No thanks.

I brought one of those 3mm steel boot lug shims up to Matt and he used a router and special bit to take just the right amount/angle off the top of my boot lugs to accommodate the 3mm shim as well as another Cantology shim of a lesser degree. The boots are perfect now and it only cost me $60 bucks.

I’d be surprised if anyone in the Salt Lake / Park City area can touch him skill wise and his prices are pretty average.

Chris at Inkline always seemed really cool and knowledgeable but he's not necessarily the guy that will be working on your boots.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    unfortunately I think zo's gone this year. fulltime at go ride I believe.

FYI

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1541378058.649473.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	284.0 KB 
ID:	254059

I got some boots fit successfully with OC last winter at that location. It was just just him and a girl on the phones. He's always been the best around to me, think these were the fourth pair he's fit for me. Never worked with anyone else in the shop except Bootsy back in the beginning. He's solid of course but headed back up to Jackson after that one season here. Zo at DPH did some good work for me years ago, bummer he's not doing boots anymore. Anyhow, I referred a friend to Inkline later in the season and he never got a call back. Got some Rossi plugs I'm considering trying this season and they're gonna be a project for sure. Gonna call OC this week, I'll post up with results.

Matt Schiller in PC sounds promising. Anyone have any other recommendations for a backup plan in the valley besides Sports loft?
    Last edited by beaterdit; 10-09-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    I got some boots fit successfully with OC last winter at his new location around 9th S 8th W. It was just just him and a girl on the phones. He's always been the best around to me, think these were the fourth pair he's fit for me. Never worked with anyone else in the shop except Bootsy back in the beginning and he's solid of course. Zo at DPH did some good work for me years ago, bummer he's not doing boots anymore. Anyhow, I referred a friend to Inkline later in the season and he never got a call back. Got some Rossi plugs I'm considering trying this season and they're gonna be a project for sure. Gonna call OC this week, I'll post up with results.

Matt Schiller in PC sounds promising. Anyone have any other recommendations for a backup plan in the valley besides Sports loft?
    I like Steve Bagley at Snowbird. He was able to solve a pretty subtle but still painful problem i was getting on my styloid last year. Best to find him before winter starts. His shop at the back of Christy's gets insanely busy during the season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk