Anybody heard of Pomeroy Lodging?

Because they just bought Alyeska.

What does it mean man?

Can I criticize Aly on the internet again without being threatened with banishment?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

These guys?

https://www.pomeroylodging.com/

I think they just bought a hotel at Alyeska. (never mind, you're right)

They own a bunch of hotels (different brands) in small towns in Alberta and BC. Somewhat recently bought the hotel in Kananaskis Village near Nakiska.

They don't seem to have much to do with the ski industry.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post

Can I criticize Aly on the internet again without being threatened with banishment?
    Wouldn't hurt my feelings, we could all use a little constructive criticism. Where would you like to start?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    These guys?

https://www.pomeroylodging.com/

I think they just bought a hotel at Alyeska. (never mind, you're right)

They own a bunch of hotels (different brands) in small towns in Alberta and BC. Somewhat recently bought the hotel in Kananaskis Village near Nakiska.

They don't seem to have much to do with the ski industry.
    Hoping the Ikon crew is already in discussions with Pomeroy Lodging about joining. Between adding Alyeska and providing lodging deals to Canadian locations Ikon does not have a footprint yet, Pomeroy stands to gain alot of exposure and incremental room nights. Alyeska gets some love and capital, maybe an additional Heli operation by Ikon. Yeah, I'll be there ............

Make it so .................
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

When I worked on the road I would stay Pomeroys because they had the best waterslides. They have a funny habit of stuffing their pillows into hard as concrete squares.

They cost a lot but the customer service was on point. My wife had them deliver a bouquet of sliced meat when I was away or valentine's day one year.

Multi generational family business. No idea what it means for Alyeska but they did a big Nordic spa , etc when they redid the Kananaskis property. Seems like they are moving to the resort market so probably good news