Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Buy SEHK: 669 and TYO: 6586.

Invent a cure for a burned tongue.

Start a website called "OnlyVans.com" where dads everywhere can pay for monthly subscriptions to exclusive content from their favorite van builders. You can download unique floor plans, see a complete list of DIY materials to buy to build out your vans, get insider tips on van build-outs, get your dumb questions answered live, and also you get discounts from top manufacturers. Even though subscribers will ultimately just pay a company to get their sprinter van built and never do anything themselves, the lust factor and exclusivity will make this a million dollar idea.

Salad plate with a waxy or spongy surface that allows you to easily pick up that last piece of lettuce with your fork.

Caffeinated beer

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Start a website called "OnlyVans.com" where dads everywhere can pay for monthly subscriptions to exclusive content from their favorite van builders. You can download unique floor plans, see a complete list of DIY materials to buy to build out your vans, get insider tips on van build-outs, get your dumb questions answered live, and also you get discounts from top manufacturers. Even though subscribers will ultimately just pay a company to get their sprinter van built and never do anything themselves, the lust factor and exclusivity will make this a million dollar idea.
    If that doesn’t work out, you can just keep the web address and start selling shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Caffeinated beer

Several Java stouts out there. I keep buying them because they sound good until I remember I try not to have caffeine after 3 or 4pm...

Pizza-in-a-cup

Optigrab
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Several Java stouts out there. I keep buying them because they sound good until I remember I try not to have caffeine after 3 or 4pm...
    Alternately, 4loko.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Pizza-in-a-cup
    The pizza cones are currently doing well on the instagram food truck/ex cupcake shop owner scene, not sure how long it will last.

Reverse hair cut

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You gave me a great idea--a combination drive thru dispensary car wash. I'll give you all a link to my go fund me page as soon as I set it up. And no fair anyone beating me too it.
    Idea reserved for goat

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Invent a cure for a burned tongue.
    Ooohh, how about a tongue burn preventer? If my coffee or tea isn't doing damage, it's too cold and therefore undrinkable.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

The gf just got us tea mugs with Bluetooth that sets the temp as desired. Fairly ridiculous, but kinda nice.

I have one, but I think the technology is a tiny bit behind. My thought today when I was looking for my sunglasses was that it would be amazing if basically every mid-high end item you could purchase (and lose) had a very finely, permanently etched/embossed/printed QR code of some sort, that would lead to a link with some of the owner’s (limited) contact info. Or the app could broker that for security.
    I looked into it, and the two problems are encoding that much data into the current tech/labels, and shrinking it down to what could fit on a sun glass eyepiece, a bike pump, your keys, etc, etc. The sky is the limit.
    The other holdup is for everyone’s phones to be able to read and interpret that data.
    Sure, it would be a ‘give honest people an option’, type of thing, but could also contain other critical data, medical, etc. The prescription of your glasses, for example, in case you need to know for some reason.
    Just a thought.
    The monetization would be in the app that read and coordinated all of that data that the users would upload with a subscription.
    Very honestly, if I had access to a bunch of capital, I would go deep on this, see what’s similar out there, and do it better.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Caffeinated beer

I am in sales with a liquor distributor. Multiple companies tried caffeinated vodka when the Red Bull & Vodka was popular. I got the first one or two brands into good distribution in my territory but unfortunately they all tasted like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I have one, but I think the technology is a tiny bit behind. My thought today when I was looking for my sunglasses was that it would be amazing if basically every mid-high end item you could purchase (and lose) had a very finely, permanently etched/embossed/printed QR code of some sort, that would lead to a link with some of the owner’s (limited) contact info. Or the app could broker that for security.
    I looked into it, and the two problems are encoding that much data into the current tech/labels, and shrinking it down to what could fit on a sun glass eyepiece, a bike pump, your keys, etc, etc. The sky is the limit.
    The other holdup is for everyone’s phones to be able to read and interpret that data.
    Sure, it would be a ‘give honest people an option’, type of thing, but could also contain other critical data, medical, etc. The prescription of your glasses, for example, in case you need to know for some reason.
    Just a thought.
    The monetization would be in the app that read and coordinated all of that data that the users would upload with a subscription.
    Very honestly, if I had access to a bunch of capital, I would go deep on this, see what’s similar out there, and do it better.
    I like this one. One thing you could do is have a single central per person link, that would get printed onto items. It could refer to an online list where you keep your fancy shit listed. Then a lot of data does t need to fit on the code and it could be smaller.
    When scanned, ihe code will take you to a question page,
    which item are you scanning?
    Present person with a choice of available items, sunglasses, car keys, bike helmet, etc... Choose sunglasses, and then it would say, the smith model xxx you found belongs to basin.beater. here is a free to print shipping label to send them back.... And shipping label would charge back to owner. Could have a shipping toggle switch on per item. Sunglasses, ship back to me, bike helmet? No shipping... It's getting old anyways...

I like this idea.

If you let Google crawl some of the pages, it would index them all and then no app required, just use regular camera app...
    sigless.

This kinda existed - you would buy a kit with a bunch of stickers that then would link to some website - you’d put a sticker in your digital camera or whatever and if it got lost and a Good Samaritan found it they could get it back to you free of charge to them. Can’t remember the details but I had a set of the stickers. This was in like 2008.

The idea could use an update and refresh to modern tech

An app that helps you find good weather for driving based vacations.

Example: I'm ready to head out in the next two weeks to camp. Happy to drive 10hrs from my house. What direction should I go? App should allow me to set a circle from home address and then return temps and rain % within my set circle.

Being anal and with time on my hands, I've taken to creating a spreadsheet with temps and rain % for multiple towns or areas. You can see the patterns develop, but it's a pain to update as you get closer to departure time.

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    Reverse hair cut
    So just let your hair grow?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I like this one. One thing you could do is have a single central per person link, that would get printed onto items. It could refer to an online list where you keep your fancy shit listed. Then a lot of data does t need to fit on the code and it could be smaller.
    When scanned, ihe code will take you to a question page,
    which item are you scanning?
    Present person with a choice of available items, sunglasses, car keys, bike helmet, etc... Choose sunglasses, and then it would say, the smith model xxx you found belongs to basin.beater. here is a free to print shipping label to send them back.... And shipping label would charge back to owner. Could have a shipping toggle switch on per item. Sunglasses, ship back to me, bike helmet? No shipping... It's getting old anyways...

I like this idea.

If you let Google crawl some of the pages, it would index them all and then no app required, just use regular camera app...
    We looked at RFID implanted chips (about a grain of rice) many, many years ago at Smith. On paper they'd allow for a retailer or warehouse to have instant, real time inventory. Said technology is now available via phones.

The technology is out there.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    It's called YouTube, Boomer.

"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

We can resurrect the extinct Wooley Mammoth, control electronics with our brains, yet it still takes 3 minutes to make a piece of fucking toast.

Come on people.

For summer: a reverse umbrella.

An umbrella with a built in mister system and water tank. A parasol with the latest in super soaker technology. You hold it, get shade, and get sprayed while walking around.

Basically the baby of a standard issue umbrella and a Hudson sprayer.

You could sell these for $100 at Disney world and track meets.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    It's called YouTube, Boomer.

Ha!