bass pro looking bad

https://www.terracestandard.com/news...p-fishing-trip

sure looks that way, good thing for them there are no bass up here eh ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im having a hard time seeing how bass pro shops lodge who donated the lodge and expenses
    is at much fault because the 1st nation peeps decided to sell or give their permits
    “So far DFO is saying they don’t think it’s illegal and that it’s just a loophole in the permit system, but…it becomes the wild west of fisheries management, where if you have some sort of arrangement or you have money to purchase one of these permits from a First Nation, you essentially have the same rights as First Nations to harvest fish,” said Executive Director Greg Knox
    seems the 1st nation loophole that allows them to sell something that probably shouldnt be sold is the issue
    without it no one from bass pro shops lodge is fishing for those species on that water
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Lol, they were doing catch and release. Sounds like a bunch of whiney virtue signalling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Lol, they were doing catch and release. Sounds like a bunch of whiney virtue signalling to me.
    Sounds like a bunch of haves making up a loophole so they can fish while the have nots cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    catch & release != no kill.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Sounds like a bunch of haves making up a loophole so they can fish while the have nots cant.

is the havs
    money or the ability to substance fish these waters?
    seems like both groups got both
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

It reads to me like a lot of lies/ BS/ half truths/ he said/ they said and the optics are pretty bad

Not sure

Sounds like some loopholes but the wording of what the tribe is allowed to do in bring people to fish for food, social or ceremonial purposes is a pretty wide spectrum. I’m pretty sure fishing with a group, regardless of C&R or for food, sounds like a social purpose to me.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Red Man's greed knows no bounds.

Good thing Chris Columbus showed when he did, lousy injuns woulda fished the damn place out had Europeans not showed up and enacted fisheries management rules.

What did the permits cost? A box of paddleball toys? "They'll never go for it; then again they might, they love toys, little red devils!"
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

this is why while giving freely of my time to fishing and conservation orgs to plant trees, remove invasive species, take kids or vets fishing
    i no longer financially support any of them
    but if i keep abusing the cabellos credit card
    i may be finally be able to afford a skenna trip
    and as the president of carps unlimited i could certainly be able to asses your waters for potential poopfish problems for a even more discounted fact finding and documenting mission

This popped up on my facebook feed yesterday. Sounds like a bit of context.

http://steelheadvoices.com/?p=1203
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    This popped up on my facebook feed yesterday. Sounds like a bit of context.

http://steelheadvoices.com/?p=1203
    I like how it questions why DFO was there. HA! If I worked DFO out there and I seen some millionaire jets showing up at about the same time, that lodge area'd be the first fucking place I'd decide to "patrol."
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

some body tell me ec wasnt part of this giant Caknucklehead vortex of fail
    im trying to figure out who would wanna fish for cohos and nooks when ya could be gettin steel
    aside from a celebrity who needed a differnt hero shot for his gram fans

Yesturday I asked an American fisherman I was shuttling ( blue state retired lefty MD with leaf liker stikers on his 4runer) for his opinion and he said oh yeah its fucking terrible but the red necks who buy that bass pro shit in america won't care they will just buy on price and then tells me about rich people poaching elk and getting away with it

it did not rain this summer so the water is really really low, so low that the jet sleds can't get up the Bulkley at Telkwa, Kispiox is too low to fish, fire hit the Babine so the Sliver Hilton almost burned this summer but the babine is low but really good, sounds like morice is putting out or this guy wouldn't have been giving me another 100$ to come back, all in all people seem to be catching steelhead

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im trying to figure out who would wanna fish for cohos and nooks when ya could be gettin steel
    I can think of a few legitimate reasons.

There's a real joy in fishing a salmon run run and simply observing that massive surge of life pouring up the river. Steelhead, by comparison, are a sparser run and aren't so readily visible.

Salmon runs are usually more of a sure thing than steelhead runs, in terms of catching lots of fish.

It's a lot easier to find 30lb chinook than it is to find 30lb steelhead. Imho, the fresh ones fight nearly as well a a wild steelhead and usually fight much better than a hatchery steelhead.

Cohos take surface flies more readily than steelhead usually do.

Lowly chums have more pound for pound fighting power than steelhead.

I want to release a wild steelhead. A wild chrome chinook is a treat to eat.

None of that detracts from the fighting power of wild steel and its status as the premier sport fishing salmonid.

And keep em wet eh? I know y'all are American and got that gun culture thing going but for fuck sakes don't pick the steelhead up and aim them like an assault rife.

https://www.keepemwet.org/about-keepemwet#keepemwet

I heard this ^^ talk at the annual Patagonia spancered free beer & pizza night

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    And keep em wet eh? I know y'all are American and got that gun culture thing going but for fuck sakes don't pick the steelhead up and aim them like an assault rife.

https://www.keepemwet.org/about-keepemwet#keepemwet

I heard this ^^ talk at the annual Patagonia spancered free beer & pizza night
    That is a good ethic to follow. I am guilty, but I am going to start always practicing this.

Oh yeah, fuck Bass Pro Shops.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

#keepembaked