Principles of sports medicine

1) If doing something hurts, stop doing it. Doing it more won't make it go away.
    2)Stop thinking you're still 25 unless you're still 25.
    3) The only real way to know if you need to see a doctor is to see a doctor, unfortunately
    4) Ignore medical advice from any site that wants to sell you something.
    5) If your doctor tells you you have condition X and then walks out the door before you can ask questions Wikipedia is an excellent source of information as is Pubmed (the national library of medicine site).

If I have a problem with say my right hip and at some point my left hip hurts its gotta mean my right hip is now > my left ...which is a good thing
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-08-2018 at 09:45 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

honestly, since i got my partial knee replacement i don't feel anywhere near 52. the last several years prior were brutal, as the bone on bone knee and compensation fucked the rest of my already fucked body. i feel like it gave me back 10 years and a much higher quality of life.

6) rub some dirt on it?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    If I have a problem with say my right hip and at some point my left hip hurts its gotta mean my right hip is now > my left ...which is a good thing
    No, it just means the doc put the xray up backwards. (Hard to do with digital xrays these days but not unheard of in the past.)

7) If you think it needs stitches, it definitely needs stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    7) If you think it needs stitches, it definitely needs stitches.
    If you're an ER doc always remember to count the stitches. Patients want to know for some reason. I still remember I got nine in the head when I was 12.

I took a tip in the mouth telemarking so go to ER where buddy sews me up 25 stitches but no scars cuz it was all inside the vermillion line, but he sews it up somehow leaving a tag of skin so I show him later and he sez " dude its like you got a little clitoris in your mouth " so later on he is telling these 2 women in the bar whom I have never met about the clitoris in my mouth

the women were ski locals eventualy became friends

I quit telemarking

the "clitoris" eventualy fell off

same guy^^ was known to have passed out at the sight of blood
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Last time I was in the ER for stitches--sliced my palm with a chisel--I was stitched up by an intern. I had to teach him how to grip a needle holder, how to hold the needle--in the middle, where to place the stitches. Served me right for being dumb enough to clean a glue line pushing the chisel towards my hand.