Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The thing about surgery is--with age comes humility, but too late for the patients who caused the humility.
    When I interviewed my surgeon about repairing rotator cuff (supraspinatus + SLAP tear)...
    Q: how many of these have you done?
    A: somewhere between 500-1000 of each
    Q: how many failures?
    A: just one. But she works one floor down so I get a near-daily reminder to be humble

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    6 years ago my feet were right fucked from a very long ski and not getting better after > a week so when I ran into the sports PT from AUZ at the bar I asked buddy for a quick a consult and he said soak em in ice water so how long i asked

he said " Long as you can stand it, I used to submerge entire rugby players in the ice bath the day after a match " and said something about writing a paper on the use of ice to speed up healing so I did the ice and it worked

So last week I sprained the ankle, it wasn't getting better fast enough so the last 2 days I been sticking my foot in a beer cooler with 6 " of water a couple trays of ice and its defintaly helped ... a good sports med tip
    Careful with that--I had a college sprinter whose coach had her soak her legs in ice water for too long and had severe persistent pain.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    When I interviewed my surgeon about repairing rotator cuff (supraspinatus + SLAP tear)...
    Q: how many of these have you done?
    A: somewhere between 500-1000 of each
    Q: how many failures?
    A: just one. But she works one floor down so I get a near-daily reminder to be humble
    Pro tip--if this surgeon is this busy he's on his 3rd, much younger, hot wife who's very lonely.

Anyone try the voltaren?

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Anyone try the voltaren?
    I tried the gel for an ankle issue from work... not sure it helped much. The oral version (diclofenac) was quite effective but I found meloxicam just as effective and easier (once a day) and has a lower frequency of GI bleeds and GI upset ( the most common side effects of NSAIDs)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'm on the meloxicam. Don't know much about it. Was on two/day for about 2 weeks post op and now down to one a day with dinner. Decided to try the cream this morning on my knee and I think it helped. Mom had a bottle she bought at a french pharmacy and said try this. Bottle is all in french %2.

Surgery was to fix a fibula fracture BTW and I tweaked my MCL pretty good in the same crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I tried the gel for an ankle issue from work... not sure it helped much. The oral version (diclofenac) was quite effective but I found meloxicam just as effective and easier (once a day) and has a lower frequency of GI bleeds and GI upset ( the most common side effects of NSAIDs)