Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sacramento Area Mags--Happy Hour Before TGR Film

I know there are many of us. Anybody down for meeting up for beers and food before the movie on October 17? Tickets here:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/films/w...d-and-roadless

We had 4-5 guys at Hop Shop for food and beers last year and that worked great. Let's do that again.
    Last edited by LightRanger; 10-08-2019 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I’m in...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

No longer in Sacramento but great to see they've moved premiers to the Crest Theater! Coin-Op Game Room has a good beer selection, food, and is super close. Capital Hop Shop is a great choice too though, Kenny is good peeps!
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    No longer in Sacramento but great to see they've moved premiers to the Crest Theater! Coin-Op Game Room has a good beer selection, food, and is super close. Capital Hop Shop is a great choice too though, Kenny is good peeps!
    Saw that place. Was thinking about checking it out. I've been to the Ten Ten Room over there too. Decent spot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

How close are either Fieldwork or Device to The Crest (sorry, too lazy to Google)?
    I like their beers.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I say we start earlier and do a micro brew crawl. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    How close are either Fieldwork or Device to The Crest (sorry, too lazy to Google)?
    I like their beers.
    Fieldwork probably 10-15ish minute walk and Device a bit farther.

Doable, but not ideal IMO.

But if we get a bunch of folks who want to hit one or the other, I'm fine with whatever.

I bet Hopshop has some from both.

So, you guys starting at about 5PM? Would be cool to meet some local mags.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    So, you guys starting at about 5PM? Would be cool to meet some local mags.
    Yeah. 5-530 or so. I'm coming straight from work so will need to eat. Another buddy suggested the new Ruhstaller basement location on K Street because it's super close to the Crest, but no food. So I'm thinking maybe meet at Hop Shop for food and a beer, and then over to Ruhstaller for a different beer. And then movie.

Bump. Still thinking Hop Shop, and then maybe hit another place on the way over to the theater if we have time. I'll probably be at Hop Shop at 5:15, unless I have some last minute thing at work.

good to see yall made some plans
    Currently we plan to open the doors at 630 and start the raffle at 730'
    movie should start at 745

I'll probably roll into the neighborhood around 4:45 - 5 or so. No reason to wait longer and sit in even worse Fairfield traffic.

Shit. I can’t make it. Have fun guys.

Bummer. Tour sometime this winter.

If we finally get deep enough coverage to like 5-5.5k on the West Slope, I'd like to hit a few things before climate change takes them forever.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post

If we finally get deep enough coverage to like 5-5.5k on the West Slope, I'd like to hit a few things before climate change takes them forever.

Ssshhhh!

Heh. So rare that stuff is in these days (2011, maybe a few days in 2017?). Not too worried about traffic.

It's all about parking.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Would love to. Definitely need to tour more this year, last year was so limited until March but then life took over skiing.

Heh. So rare that stuff is in these days (2011, maybe a few days in 2017?). Not too worried about traffic.

QFT...these days when things are "ripe" one better take advantage...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

I’m down where we starting?
    Hello darkness my old friend

Capital Hop Shop. 15th and I.

just putting the raffle prizes together... thanks to yeti, north face, jones, rei, and mount bachelor!

Last bump. At Hop Shop starting at 5-5:15. Wearing a grey TGR shirt. Looking forward to the film.

Just got here... navy blue flylow skier shirt.

Bump for the 10/17 show at the Crest. I'm thinking same deal as last year. Meet at Hop Shop at 5-5:30 and walk over.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk