FS: Black Salomon STH16 (missing brakes)

I'm not sure where the brakes went, but this is for a pair of black STH16s without brakes. The brakes in the picture don't seem to fit.
    $90 + shipping

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8452.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	249985

Looks like the correct brakes to me, maybe the two little locating tabs on the brakes are bent after someone didn't install them correctly and skied them (brakes only held on with the screw), bending the tabs upward so they can no longer be inserted in the slots in the baseplate? That can be fixed.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 10-07-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    ...The brakes in the picture don't seem to fit...
    Looks to me like those brakes should be compatible with those heels. I suspect it is fixable. If the brake teeth don't line up closely enough with the heelplate holes, then maybe a hammer and a concrete sidewalk might be enough get them lined up to fit together? Or is the brake retention screw/hole not retaining? Or what?

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I’ll take them. PM incoming

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Did 2funky ever find the set he was looking for?

Edit. Replied before I saw dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    ...maybe the two little locating tabs on the brakes are bent after someone didn't install them correctly and skied them (brakes only held on with the screw), bending the tabs upward so they can no longer be inserted in the slots in the baseplate? That can be fixed.
    Yep, that upward bending is common.
    And a different way they can stop fitting (but more rare than upward bending) is if somehow the brake gets bent so that those 2 tabs end up too widely spaced apart, or too narrowly spaced apart. Same general solution---just try to bend them back into position. Works for me to bend it back by tapping it with a hammer, against a concrete sidewalk or whatever. Might as well try to be careful not to break any plastic while bending (although even broken plastic sometimes doesn't ruin it). The heel's metal baseplate comes off easily (away from all plastic) if you only need to bend that part. But if you need to bend the brake part, it's only slightly trickier to bend that without breaking plastic.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Did 2funky ever find the set he was looking for?

Edit. Replied before I saw dibs.
    I did. Thanks.

They don’t fit because of the back end. Its designed for some other salomon binding and can’t be screwed down on this binding because of plastic overlap. Maybe some dremel work could be done, I suppose.