Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0262.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	250188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9351.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	800.0 KB 
ID:	250189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9069.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	250190
    ahhhh stickers
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Hey, that's my kid! lol
    PE, Mechanical Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Stickers add weight and change the flex characteristics of the ski. That's why you don't see serious racers using stickers.
    Mine are perfectly calibrated to enhance rather than degrade overall performance and steeze
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    tips up..don't become THAT jackass
    St. Brendan's Irish Cream in the coffee mug for the commute to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Iately I've been keeping one set of edges with a more aggressive tune and the other more squared off for funkosa off trail adventures.

Also on cambered skis running more base bevel from the heel peice back to the tail to give them a more drifty feel but an edge when you need it
    I'm curious what labeling names you will give the two edges? "Burly" and "Slack"? "Bulletproof" and "Powdah"?

I'd go with "DD's Mom" for the funkosa off trail adventures, "iceman" for the more aggressive tune.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter65 View Post
    I'm curious what labeling names you will give the two edges? "Burly" and "Slack"? "Bulletproof" and "Powdah"?
    Heh haven't really thought of giving them names but probably some thing like "these go to 11" and maybe "it snowed!" As mentioned above its more out of laziness.. keep one set sharp and at like a 1/2 or 1/3 if it's really icy.. and the other just factory and mainly free of burrs doesn't ever get sharpened.

Here's one more for you ungrateful bastids.. run a line of cold(er) wax down along your rear edge when waxing, right where your skis dry out first, it's more durable and gives you a few extra ski days between waxes
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

run a line of cold(er) wax down along your rear edge when waxing, right where your skis dry out first, it's more durable and gives you a few extra ski days between waxes

I've played around with just going ahead and piling in several good waxing sessions of cold(Very Hard) wax(not necessarily flouro quality) when skis are new, then waxing as needed for expected conditions...seems to provide a tougher base. Might play around with a more targeted approach. Nice.

Dig out one of your old pairs of reverse camber skis and some old binding screws and attach a plastic bucket to back ski tip. Take a nice evening hike or lift ride.

Place 200g fireworks cake or fountain in the bucket and snug it in with some snow. Light the wick. Ski in front of your friends and listen to them giggle or holler or both.