pump track etiquette

I've pretty much had enough, I'm good at sharing and being friendly when it comes to being on a bike
    But it seems like pump tracks and bike parks have become nothing but day care centers for little kids
    these are purpose built mostly directional trails and features

but most times I show up now it's nothing but toddlers and little kids having the run of the place
    with parents doing very little to corral their kids

should I just run the kids over and say tough love get the fuck off the trail or the pump track
    or do I smile let them harsh on my buzz and leave?

The parents probably have no idea they’ve inconvenienced you. They probably view it as another park and, in America, parks (and bikes) are for kids. Politely educate them on the bike park and how it’s different?

Most pump tracks are pitched to the community as a place for kids. That's generally why they get funded and built.

Sadly, there are very few facilities to hone your pump track skills to a redbull/uci level.

The contextual origin of the pump track you are complaining about is key here.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Haha, fred I assume you are talking about the Breck pump track. That place is fucking romper room every time I go. Last time I was there, the kids weren't that annoying, but mom yelling at them and giving them pointers was like nails on a chalkboard. Whatever, that's why I rarely go, we just end up there when riding around Breck sometimes.

I’ve stopped going to our local park. Too many near misses. A couple people telling me to slow down, etc... Really enjoyed learning the features, but agree that people don’t have a clue. And even when you politely try to warn, It can go sideways quickly. Too many great cross country trails without the chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post

Excuse me, could you get your dam kid off the pump track? She is pedaling! What wrong with you buddy? I am trying to secure my CrankWorks wild card slot
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Go early or late in the day. Or when the kids are at school.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Haha, fred I assume you are talking about the Breck pump track. That place is fucking romper room every time I go. Last time I was there, the kids weren't that annoying, but mom yelling at them and giving them pointers was like nails on a chalkboard. Whatever, that's why I rarely go, we just end up there when riding around Breck sometimes.
    pretty much, breck is the worst, funny you say that, its cause there is a baby farm right next door
    I love going to different parks all over, eagles bmx track is a blast, durango's is a close second
    one friday night a month ago I went and it was a blast, hanging out with a bunch of 10,11,12 year olds
    these kids were sending it big time, no parents, they were having fun and knew how to ride track
    although they would fight amongst themselves over who went first

a week ago I come around the corner on one of the directional downhills and two kids are standing/sitting next to the trail
    I slow down say hi, but I'm like wtf, speed back up get to this whoop de do and there is mom and two little kids standing in the middle of the whoop
    if it wasn't for the first two kids making me slow down earlier I would have eaten a tree or taken the kids out

Beware, the wanna be MILFs with the fashion puffies can check up and sip a latte and get of facebook anywhere! Kids generally love rules and regulations and a system. At the skatepark, everyone helps the littles figure it out and they get theirs.

The only this I can suggest is signage, kinda like the back of your lift ticket, that way you get aware from the "I'm right, you are wrong, junior can take a nap in the middle of the pump track".

People are so self centered and so unaware that self regulation is becoming close to impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    pretty much, breck is the worst, funny you say that, its cause there is a baby farm right next door
    Baby farm is right. Kids on striders standing around. Kinda like scooter kids at the skate park. Oh well, if it is busy, I leave, plenty of empty trails all around that area.

Frisco is more fun anyway, and more directional. Eagle's bmx track is legit. Love the new paved corners.

It shouldn’t take a sign. It should be common sense that kids under 6 should be supervised on a ski hill or at a bike park. I’m all about kids getting into the sport. I just don’t want to hurt a kid while your drinking your star bucks, sitting 300 yards away and your kid jumps out in front of me. It’s like the dogs that are supposed to be on leash in the park. The rule on that is posted everywhere. But, there are a lot of people who still think their dog / unsupervised kid is the exception because they are smarter, better, more cute,etc..., than everyone else. And yes, I fully recognize I’ve become stay off my lawn guy.

Build you own or make friends with someone who has...

Seriously, though at ours people just ask the kids if they can have a turn.

Kids are usually pretty good about taking turns, they havent forgotten how to share yet.

You just have to be nice.

not etiquette oriented, but since we're talking pump tracks, there are some dope personal/ yard tracks on pinterest
    https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=pump%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=track%7Ctyped
    skid luxury

Ride with a lit joint in yer mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    not etiquette oriented, but since we're talking pump tracks, there are some dope personal/ yard tracks on pinterest
    https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=pump%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=track%7Ctyped
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Ride with a lit joint in yer mouth.
    been there done that, was toking away this afternoon and some 8 year old comes around the corner, I'm coughing, couldn't get on my bike and get moving fast enough, luckily the kids has a dumb look on his face like all 8 year olds

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    It shouldn’t take a sign. It should be common sense that kids under 6 should be supervised on a ski hill or at a bike park. I’m all about kids getting into the sport. I just don’t want to hurt a kid while your drinking your star bucks, sitting 300 yards away and your kid jumps out in front of me. It’s like the dogs that are supposed to be on leash in the park. The rule on that is posted everywhere. But, there are a lot of people who still think their dog / unsupervised kid is the exception because they are smarter, better, more cute,etc..., than everyone else. And yes, I fully recognize I’ve become stay off my lawn guy.
    everything put in perspective
    thanks
    my dog is never on a leash, he's pretty good about staying out of bikers ways, but not really