Page 88 of 111 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2771
    annoying this NBA playoffs has not been about the basketball.

THE FOULS
    THE FLOPS
    THE INJURIES
    THE FANS
    Player X is y because he does/nt do Z

so much fukking drama

Selfishly hoping for the Raps to win in 7 as I am in Toronto on Sunday and that will be a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Happy to clarify. You were blabbing about Nurkic's response to his injury and comparing that to KD's. So you are talking about their 'respective responses to injury'. Does that help?
    And in the context of KDs catastrophic injury, you're focused on whether he sits on the bench or not.
    I'm guessing unemployed trophy husband blazers homer, not sports journalist.
    yeah, actually i was not comparing their responses to injury at all. but you keep plugging, my friend.

you can call me a trophy husband blazer homer if you like, but you would be completely wrong about that, too! go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    yeah, actually i was not comparing their responses to injury at all. but you keep plugging, my friend.

you can call me a trophy husband blazer homer if you like, but you would be completely wrong about that, too! go figure!
    Oh ya, you're a real 'trophy' all right.

Sorry, that one was slow and right over the plate. I couldn't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Literally *anything* about the Warriors in any capacity will be criticized. Kind of expect it at this point. They'll do something for charity and people will find some negative angle to take. It's fairly comical.
    On a hater scale of 1 to NE Patriots, you are only at a 6.

Well, what the fuck were you doing? You posted a few times, and your posts have seemingly been interpreted the same by everyone posting in response to you. And yet all you've done in response to them is to say "hurr durr you are stupid and can't read and are not responding to what I said". They seem to have read your responses as saying KD should have been on the bench supporting his teammates and that his teammates would have appreciated him being there, and you used Nurkic/Blazers as proof. I like to think I am a reasonably intelligent guy with reasonable reading comprehension skills, and that is what I read too. If that wasn't what you meant, please explain instead of just posting "you are stupid". Because that's what people post when their logic/argument has been shown to be flawed, but they are unwilling to admit it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    And the Patriots are at 347.

Wait, sorry, just catching up. Are we really discussing whether a dude who is an impending free agent and has something like A HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS riding on his body being as healthy as possible, a dude who put that body at risk by coming back (apparently) too soon trying to help his team win, should not have left the team bench to seek immediate medical attention?!?! Seriously?

Fuck man. I'm in the MRI machine so fast they didn't even boot it up first.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Oh ya, you're a real 'trophy' all right.

Sorry, that one was slow and right over the plate. I couldn't miss.
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  8.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Wait, sorry, just catching up. Are we really discussing whether a dude who is an impending free agent and has something like A HUNDRED AND FIFTY MILLION DOLLARS riding on his body being as healthy as possible, a dude who put that body at risk by coming back (apparently) too soon trying to help his team win, should not have left the team bench to seek immediate medical attention?!?! Seriously?

Fuck man. I'm in the MRI machine so fast they didn't even boot it up first.
    Hey at least we can all agree that mcski's take on KD's injury is dumb as hell

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    To be fair Wanda Durant criticized all the Warriors fans who said KD faked his recent injury, all the fans who questioned whether he wanted to get back to this team. She's not wrong, those Warriors fans do suck.

^^ What fans were saying KD faked his injury? I didn't hear or read that even once. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Selfishly hoping for the Raps to win in 7 as I am in Toronto on Sunday and that will be a good time.
    You'd better find a safe place to be in case they lose. See: Vancouver 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Well, what the fuck were you doing? You posted a few times, and your posts have seemingly been interpreted the same by everyone posting in response to you. And yet all you've done in response to them is to say "hurr durr you are stupid and can't read and are not responding to what I said". They seem to have read your responses as saying KD should have been on the bench supporting his teammates and that his teammates would have appreciated him being there, and you used Nurkic/Blazers as proof. I like to think I am a reasonably intelligent guy with reasonable reading comprehension skills, and that is what I read too. If that wasn't what you meant, please explain instead of just posting "you are stupid". Because that's what people post when their logic/argument has been shown to be flawed, but they are unwilling to admit it.
    sometimes people say you're not good with logic or reading because clarifying somebody else's misinterpretation isn't important enough to expend the effort.

i'm more than willing to admit all kinds of things. it's just that there is nothing to admit when somebody else is arguing against something i didn't say.

Appreciation for Klay Thompson’s game:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6...rriors-raptors

NBA 2018/2019 thread

KD had successful surgery to repair ruptured achilles:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byn0c6Nj...9BmcEUy8JZTdte

“What’s good everybody I wanted to update you all: I did rupture my Achilles. Surgery was today and it was a success, EASY MONEY

My road back starts now! I got my family and my loved ones by my side and we truly appreciate all the messages and support people have sent our way.

Like I said Monday, I’m hurting deeply, but I’m OK. Basketball is my biggest love and I wanted to be out there that night because that’s what I do. I wanted to help my teammates on our quest for the three peat.

It’s just the way things go in this game and I’m proud that I gave it all I physically could, and I’m proud my brothers got the W. It’s going to be a journey but I’m built for this. I’m a hooper

I know my brothers can get this Game 6, and I will be cheering with dub nation while they do it.”

No, you were going all conspiracy theory and saying he hurt his achilles in the first place and they just told everyone it was a calf injury. Your posts are right there, I don't need to bother quoting them. I think it's obvious he wasn't 100% - literally no one said that - and athletes play while not 100% more often than they don't.

KD is a grown ass man. If he wants to play, then fine, if he doesn't, then fine. I hate American blamer culture.

Kawhi Leonard hurt his ankle in the playoffs a couple of years ago... while playing with an injured ankle. (everyone brings up Zaza but skips over that he hurt it in the first, or really second, place in the same game on David Lee's foot on the bench of his own sideline). That shit happens. Whatever.
    My thoughts were that the team thought he wouldn't aggravate his injury by playing...not that there was zero risk of any other injury happening.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Hey at least we can all agree that mcski's take on KD's injury is dumb as hell
    Well why? that there was no real reason for him to live the building before the game was over other than The Feels? It was an hour, fuck that. Steph left the game to help him back to the locker room. I'm not saying it matters to anyone on the team just that it's weak fucking sauce or to hang out in the locker room for an hour like he has done for the last fucking month. Did Loomey leave the building? Normal people have to wait weeks to get an ortho to fix their tendons. Take a seat KD, Steph has your popcorn

Do I give a fuck he blew out his achilles? Not really. He has already made generational wealth for himself and his fam. So he may not get to become richer for playing a game? Who fucking cares except his fans. I have more empathy for the upcoming star that gets sidelined before making his bones.

Does it matter? Not really.

^^ What fans were saying KD faked his injury? I didn't hear or read that even once. Huh?
    Before Durant’s return for the Finals Game 5 three reporters, Tim Kawakami, Marcus Thompson, Sam Amick each with close ties to Golden State all wrote/tweeted stories claiming behind-the-scenes sources questioning why Durant wasn’t playing, questioning whether he was seriously injured. Warriors fans also espoused similar themes on social media and other outlets which is what Wanda Durant is referring to.

sometimes people say you're not good with logic or reading because clarifying somebody else's misinterpretation isn't important enough to expend the effort.

i'm more than willing to admit all kinds of things. it's just that there is nothing to admit when somebody else is arguing against something i didn't say.
    Translation: I said stupid shit, numerous people called me on it, so I called them stupid and now assert that explaining myself to prove them wrong is too unimportant, even though I spend hours of time on this website arguing even stupider shit. But you all should assume that I didn't say what I said, and I am smarter than you.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So, do you agree that KD did the right thing when he left when he did? I somehow wasn’t getting that from your prior post.

Translation: I said stupid shit, numerous people called me on it, so I called them stupid and now assert that explaining myself to prove them wrong is too unimportant, even though I spend hours of time on this website arguing even stupider shit. But you all should assume that I didn't say what I said, and I am smarter than you.
    Well said...I got a good laugh out of this.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Holy-o-fuck. I think my head just esploded.

you seem a little irritated, danno. but no. i also didn't say anybody was stupid.

i also didn't say anybody was stupid.
    Really?

you are not very good at reading or logic
    Sometimes you don't have to use the actual word "stupid" to call someone stupid.

And that ladies and gentlemen is the padded room in a nutshell.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    annoying this NBA playoffs has not been about the basketball.
    The NBA (and ESPN by extension) are off-court drama dealers.

The free agency storylines are compelling. But the TMZ-style coverage of the rest of it, all year long, is nauseating.