Page 80 of 111 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    On a karmic level, Dubs are screwed. Owner diuchnozzle is going bring the bad mojo to some hamstrings and ankles.
    Uh, that shit already happened long before this incident. And seriously, it was a shove... not cool at all, but calm down.

< insert photo of Drake interfering with Milwaukee's coach during the game >

Let's get this thread back on track.

GO RAPTORS
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

it'll be shocking if the raptors dont win this series....its on a platter for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    it'll be shocking if the raptors dont win this series....its on a platter for them.
    I agree.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Seriously. I won't even be that upset... so many injuries during this playoff run, it's kind of like *shrug* - shit happens, oh well.

Toronto fans are going to hate hearing for years and years about how a healthy Warriors team might have swept them. You should want KD to come back, but even so, he'll play 3 games at the very most.

Winner of tonight's game wins the series.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I agree.
    Yup.

If they prevail, it’ll have an asterisk, as few think they’re actually the better team if GS is healthy.

Sucks.
    focus.

There won't be an asterisk if the Raps win, any more than there's an asterisk for the Cavs win a couple of years ago because of Draymond's suspension and Steph not being 100%, or the year before that when GSW won while Love and Kyrie were out. The team that lost (and its fans) always like to claim "asterisk!" but the rest of the world ignores that shit. If the Raps win, they win, and that's all history will care about.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There won't be an asterisk if the Raps win, any more than there's an asterisk for the Cavs win a couple of years ago because of Draymond's suspension and Steph not being 100%, or the year before that when GSW won while Love and Kyrie were out. The team that lost (and its fans) always like to claim "asterisk!" but the rest of the world ignores that shit. If the Raps win, they win, and that's all history will care about.
    Yep. Scoreboard, Bitches.

second.

probably only Chicagoans would still give the rockets lipservice over their rockets championships with Jordan was not in the league; same thing for the raptors if they take it with kd out.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    second.

probably only Chicagoans would still give the rockets lipservice over their rockets championships with Jordan was not in the league; same thing for the raptors if they take it with kd out.
    As a basketball fan, I was always disappointed that Peak Hakeem never got to face the Bulls. I know Bulls fans like to think they would have won 8 straight if he didn't go play baseball, but I think those mid-90s Rockets teams were really special. And yeah, definitely no asterisk there either.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Completely agree. Injuries happen, it's just part of the game and always has been. I despise the "if so and so wasn't injured" nonsense. Well he was injured so tough shit. There's a reason three-peats don't happen often... you need to have some luck on your side just to win one championship much less three in a row.

If Toronto does win, I look forward to the craziness surrounding Kawhi's free agency. Has any star player in sports won a championship and then left the team the year after? I guess MJ retired that second time around, but he was sort of forced into it in an odd way.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Completely agree. Injuries happen, it's just part of the game and always has been. I despise the "if so and so wasn't injured" nonsense. Well he was injured so tough shit. There's a reason three-peats don't happen often... you need to have some luck on your side just to win one championship much less three in a row.

Post preservation service for the next time I bring up 3-1
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Haha. I could say bullshit suspensions are entirely different. ;-) But meh, the Warriors still had 2 more games to close it out, so oh well.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Got yer 3-1 right here, Pal - 3 rings to 1. Cavs destroyed along with OKC, LA Clippers/Lob City and HOU. But, all good things come to an end...

BTW, can I tell you how happy we are that you’re back?

TahoeJ - can you PM me? I need to pick your brain about Japan. Taking my kid there in Feb. App says you don’t accept PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    if oakland loses, mark could be the goat.
    I hope he is.

Guy is set to make 180 mm off his 8%.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I hope he is.

Guy is set to make 180 mm off his 8%.

The idea that he would be the goat is laughable. No one gives a shit and if the Warriors lose it’s because they had too many injuries. Us fans have never heard of the guy, it’s not like he’s Joe Lacob. And it’s not like he did that and then Lowry went off and won the game... basketball wise it’s completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Got yer 3-1 right here, Pal - 3 rings to 1. Cavs destroyed along with OKC, LA Clippers/Lob City and HOU. But, all good things come to an end...

BTW, can I tell you how happy we are that you’re back?

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Yup.

If they prevail, it’ll have an asterisk, as few think they’re actually the better team if GS is healthy.

Sucks.
    Fuck off. Utter bull shit

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    For sure, a ring is a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    nobody knew that cubs fan either
    That makes no sense at all. Do I need to explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    So fucking funny. Love the passion. Glad the North joined the party.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Narrative options:

1. Toronto beats massively injured Warriors team.

2. KD returns as the hero, coming back from 3-1 deficit.

3. KD returns and epic series, Toronto holds on after game 7.

Wow, the Warriors did not look good in the second half (all I watched).

Win or lose, this was still a sad day, or second to last sad day in Oaktown. This sums things up pretty good, and and can be applied to A's and Raiduhs next door as well. Hope the A's can find a way to stay around.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    2. KD returns as the hero, coming back from 3-1 deficit.
    Could you imagine the Raptors blowing a 3-1 lead???Teams in the NBA finals are 33-1 when up 3-1. 33-1! Blowing a lead like that is such a rare occurrence it’s only happened one time and was just such an utter failure. I honestly couldn’t imagine it happening to the Raptors this year. I mean shit, that would suck so hard for their fans too. It’s almost like the entire fanbase of the NBA would never, ever forget a team that blows a lead like that.

(my team couldn’t even beat this short handed GSW team so at least I can still make fun of 2016)