Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2771
  1. #2526
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,494

  2. #2527
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,535
    ^^^stay classy rockets.

  3. #2528
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    11,840
    Can't really argue with any of this year's winners.

    I'm starting to appreciate the general consensus building about both Westbrook and Harden and how their inflated stats come at a cost. Harden finished 2nd this year but I bet he falls further back next year unless he cuts down on the ISO stuff (which wears him out, which is part of the reason he's atrocious on the defensive end).

  4. #2529
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    8,155
    Check this out. My car’s getting worked on, its halftime during China v. Italy, so I grab the May issue of ESPN mag. They got a lot wrong.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0985.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	767.5 KB 
ID:	286751
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  5. #2530
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    2,041
    I see that the NBA is moving towards to changing the name of team owners to governors, in the interest of racial insensitivity.

    This could go in several threads
    Things that Amuse You
    Shit that annoys You
    others??

    For a country that boasts about it's freedom of speech we sure do have a lot of rules.

  6. #2531
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,261
    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I see that the NBA is moving towards to changing the name of team owners to governors, in the interest of racial insensitivity.

    This could go in several threads
    Things that Amuse You
    Shit that annoys You
    others??

    For a country that boasts about it's freedom of speech we sure do have a lot of rules.
    Not a rule. A recognition by the “people in charge” that when the majority of your workforce is African American you might want to go easy on terminology that could be construed as a reference to an owner/slave relationship.

    “We” don’t have a rule about this.

    You raised an issue with something others voluntarily chose to do on order to make their workers more comfortable.

    What does that say about your need to foist your opinions on others?

    Why do you give a fuck about what they are doing anyway?

    Why aren’t we complaining about the lack of Jazz in Utah? That’s a real crime...

  7. #2532
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    23,180
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Why aren’t we complaining about the lack of Jazz in Utah? That’s a real crime...
    or lakes in Los Angeles!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  8. #2533
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bottom feeding
    Posts
    8,155

    NBA 2018/2019 thread

    Mrs. Plug and I heard the rumors about getting rid of “owners” and thought the NFL owners will now demand the players be referred to as “slaves”.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

  9. #2534
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    11,840
    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I see that the NBA is moving towards to changing the name of team owners to governors, in the interest of racial insensitivity.
    I'm pretty far on the liberal side, went to UC Berkeley, etc. and that's a hard eye roll from me. They OWN the fucking team so they're the owners. For fuck's sakes. I'll take a 200 million + supermax deal and be someone's bitch. ;-)

  10. #2535
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    4,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    or lakes in Los Angeles!
    Silver Lake and Echo Lake, vato. Cheet man.

    If I ever start this side company I have been thinking about, I am going to put Governor on the biz cards so I don't offend.

  11. #2536
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    You raised an issue with something others voluntarily chose to do on order to make their workers more comfortable.


    What does that say about your need to foist your opinions on others?


    ...
    Don't even know what that means, How am i foisting my opinion? Just opining on an internet board where all kinds of bullshit is discussed. Forcing is an exaggeration. Get a life amigo.

    You really think the players ever thought about this. Guaranteed it never made a survey. Plenty of white Americans, Euros, etc in the league so it's a bit over the top, no?? I had to re-read it a few times to figure out what they were grasping at. Typical kowtowing to overly sensitive people, or more likely just the league trying to uphold an image that doesn't offend anyone trying to prevent a Kaepernick situation in the future.

  12. #2537
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,261

    NBA 2018/2019 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Don't even know what that means, How am i foisting my opinion? Just opining on an internet board where all kinds of bullshit is discussed. Forcing is an exaggeration. Get a life amigo.

    You really think the players ever thought about this. Guaranteed it never made a survey. Plenty of white Americans, Euros, etc in the league so it's a bit over the top, no?? I had to re-read it a few times to figure out what they were grasping at. Typical kowtowing to overly sensitive people, or more likely just the league trying to uphold an image that doesn't offend anyone trying to prevent a Kaepernick situation in the future.
    Take it to poly, bitch

  13. #2538
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,494

  14. #2539
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    11,840
    ^^ Good stuff. The NBA is the best day time soap opera going.

    I'm looking forward the story next season about the big brawl that went down in the Rockets' locker room. Pretty sure Butler would kick Harden's ass.

  15. #2540
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,535
    cant see butler signing for much less with houston....+ being with harden. sure hope he stays in philly but who knows what goes through these guys heads.

  16. #2541
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,261
    Butler on the Rox would be such a shitshow. Be fun to see.

  17. #2542
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Loveland, Chair 9.
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    cant see butler signing for much less with houston....+ being with harden. sure hope he stays in philly but who knows what goes through these guys heads.
    apparently going to part with capella and their best off the bench guard Gordon to bring in another starting guard to watch harden dribble down to 10 seconds and then make something happen ? that's a genius move., for philly to pick up a back up center and decent guard; not so much the rockets.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

  18. #2543
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    CH
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    apparently going to part with capella and their best off the bench guard Gordon to bring in another starting guard to watch harden dribble down to 10 seconds and then make something happen ? that's a genius move., for philly to pick up a back up center and decent guard; not so much the rockets.
    Go Celts! Cool to have a Swiss connect with me being a celts fan here in GE.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

  19. #2544
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,494
    Sources: Durant declines $31.5M player option

  20. #2545
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Loveland, Chair 9.
    Posts
    4,582
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Sources: Durant declines $31.5M player option
    kd signs with rockets, rockets trade harden for butler; rockets beat philly in 2020 finals.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

  21. #2546
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,510
    C's rumored to be interested in Kemba or Vuvecic. I want Brogdon and Dedmon.

  22. #2547
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    23,180
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    C's rumored to be interested in Kemba or Vuvecic. I want Brogdon and Dedmon.
    I'm with you. At this point, they need players that won't expect to be offensive focal points. If Tatum and Brown are going to become stars, and if Hayward returns to form, another guy who needs the ball as a primary option could be problematic. I'd rather get top-notch role players like you mention. Beverly would be another guy I would look at.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  23. #2548
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    11,840
    Role players are underrated. See: Toronto's depth vs. the Warriors being so top heavy that a single injury proves nearly devastating and a second meant stick a fork in them.

  24. #2549
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    2,750

    NBA 2018/2019 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Role players are underrated. See: Toronto's depth vs. the Warriors being so top heavy that a single injury proves nearly devastating and a second meant stick a fork in them.
    Good point, bad example. A single injury to Kawhi or Siakam or Gasol would have been equally or more devastating.
    focus.

  25. #2550
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    11,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Good point, bad example. A single injury to Kawhi or Siakam or Gasol would have been equally or more devastating.
    Not sure about that. When KD and Klay were both out, the Warriors were just plain ugly on the offensive side of the ball. Curry was getting double and or triple teamed. And all we had was the shell of Boogie Cousins. They're actually a defensive team first, but when you lose that offense it can only go so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •