Page 81 of 111 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Narrative options:

1. Toronto beats massively injured Warriors team.

2. KD returns as the hero, coming back from 3-1 deficit.

3. KD returns and epic series, Toronto holds on after game 7.
    4. Steph Curry, miniature golf MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Fuck off. Utter bull shit
    focus.

Narrative options:

2. KD returns as the hero, coming back from 3-1 deficit.

3. KD returns and epic series, Toronto holds on after game 7.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    4. Dubs douchnozzle minority owners sneaks into raptors locker room and does a Tonya Harding on Leonard's knee.

Be careful what you wish for. Maybe Dubs lose and KD re-signs with them...

Completely agree. Injuries happen, it's just part of the game and always has been. I despise the "if so and so wasn't injured" nonsense. Well he was injured so tough shit. There's a reason three-peats don't happen often... you need to have some luck on your side just to win one championship much less three in a row.

If Toronto does win, I look forward to the craziness surrounding Kawhi's free agency. Has any star player in sports won a championship and then left the team the year after? I guess MJ retired that second time around, but he was sort of forced into it in an odd way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Post preservation service for the next time I bring up 3-1
    Narrative options:

Geez man, you didn’t even make it to page 2.

I did think that those Canuck uniforms were pretty sharp though.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Maybe Dubs lose and KD re-signs with them...
    Dubs lose and KD signs with Toronto. Muskoka Five.
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

If the tors win, there had best be a media blackout of Drake. That shit is going be insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    As a basketball fan, I was always disappointed that Peak Hakeem never got to face the Bulls. I know Bulls fans like to think they would have won 8 straight if he didn't go play baseball, but I think those mid-90s Rockets teams were really special. And yeah, definitely no asterisk there either.
    I used to think that if MJ had stayed around the Bulls would have gone 8 straight. But now I realize how important those two years were in allowing the Bulls to revamp and reload without the heat of expectation.

So now I'm not sure what would have happened. Maybe the Bulls wouldn't have made it past Shaq and Patrick Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Knocker View Post
    I used to think that if MJ had stayed around the Bulls would have gone 8 straight. But now I realize how important those two years were in allowing the Bulls to revamp and reload without the heat of expectation.

So now I'm not sure what would have happened. Maybe the Bulls wouldn't have made it past Shaq and Patrick Ewing.

second, I would agree with that and I live amongst the rocket faithful here in Houston, those rocket teams had a better supporting cast than the current harden teams do imo, but i'd give the bulls with Jordan the edge.

back on topic at hand, imo; if the raptor do not win Monday and kd is back at full strength; they wont win; to not expect a full strength warriors to win at home on 6 and win game 7 with their talent and experience ? kwahi is going to need to be LeBron or Jordan good.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    no way he’s already played for a southern canuckistan club,
    KD gonna want a shot at big lights big exposure big name.

Go Sonics
    KD and kyrie to Brooklyn is my wag, they both like the spotlight and the egos that they don't need the splash brothers or LeBron to win a title.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Doesn't matter how long this series lasts, KD has played his last game as a Warrior.

Other narrative alternative: 2015 and 16 Finals team adds 4x All-Star Boogie Cousins, gets run out of own gym. Yeah that's a bit over the top, but the point is even with injuries the Warriors are still more talented than the Raptors.

If the Raptors win I think the narrative will be about playing tougher, grittier, having a more cohesive team, and wanting it more.
    It sucks to suck.

Oh, and this is one of the best signs I've seen in a while.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 8.26.48 AM.png
Views: 392
Size:  325.8 KB
    It sucks to suck.

boogie has had little to do with anything. the warriors are just too beat up but that's part of the game.

kd better get better handlers for him and his social media accounts if he goes to nyc

IMO Oakland should have grown out their hair and mustaches all season. Probably would have made all the difference but too late now.

Injured warriors club or not, the Raptors didn’t have an easy road to get to the final. 7 game series with Philly, beating the Wolves who had the best record going in.... they’ve come together and are playing great ball. It’s cool to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    boogie has had little to do with anything. the warriors are just too beat up but that's part of the game.
    Yeah, he's beat up and hasn't done much at all except Game 2 and even that wasn't classic Boogie. Like I said, over the top, but noone is going to remember the narrative of this series as the W's being too injured.

Silver lining if KD leaves is the W's can build a team with more depth and will still have the top end talent to be contenders. Also maybe all these half-ass fans will bail and they can fill the new arena with fans who stay the whole game.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Injured warriors club or not, the Raptors didn’t have an easy road to get to the final. 7 game series with Philly, beating the Wolves who had the best record going in.... they’ve come together and are playing great ball. It’s cool to watch.

This is true. I’m rooting for the W’s, but Kawhi is fascinating to watch. Casually making huge plays.... feels like a different set of circumstances and maybe personality (and maybe a little more leaping ability) and he’d be in top 10/GOAT discussions in 5 years.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Boogie has killed the Dubs except for Game 2. Turnovers in 1st quarter last night killed mo.

Dubs’ large center position all year has been iffy. Something to look at for next year. Looney and Dray are fine but need playable bigger body.

Boogie has killed the Dubs except for Game 2. Turnovers in 1st quarter last night killed mo.

Dubs’ large center position all year has been iffy. Something to look at for next year. Looney and Dray are fine but need playable bigger body.
    i don't think he's killed them. i think he's mostly irrelevant. he's half a player right now and they knew that when they put him out there but they're out of bodies. i'd say it was an experiment hasn't worked out like they hoped. they have bigger problems than boogie.

Kawhi is a little bigger and longer than Kobe. It will be interesting to see where he is in a couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    This is true. I’m rooting for the W’s, but Kawhi is fascinating to watch. Casually making huge plays.... feels like a different set of circumstances and maybe personality (and maybe a little more leaping ability) and he’d be in top 10/GOAT discussions in 5 years.

I didn’t look it up, but Kawhi ’s got to be more efficient than Kobe as well. Well I guess everybody is more efficient than him. Plus, claw hands.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

kobe was not efficient

Dubs getting nothing from the perimeter from anybody outside Thompson and Curry. Igoudala and Green aren't making open shots, so that's making defense much simpler for the Raptors. Not having a stretch big or two is tough in todays NBA. Surprised Jerebko isn't getting any run, he's the one big who might hit a shot or two.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    Dubs getting nothing from the perimeter from anybody outside Thompson and Curry. Igoudala and Green aren't making open shots, so that's making defense much simpler for the Raptors. Not having a stretch big or two is tough in todays NBA. Surprised Jerebko isn't getting any run, he's the one big who might hit a shot or two.
    Exactly. Why doesn't Jerebko git more?