Page 69 of 111 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    If Steph played it straight he'd take a ton of grief for being too white.
    Here’s what one of the Dubs’ players said, “throw it to the light skinned guys or the tall skinny guy....”

NBA 2018/2019 thread

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-d...182352212.html

Tahoe J must have gotten his sensitivity from Durant.

For my money no one is more annoying than Chris Paul, dude bugs the fuck out of me. Curry has definitely bumped up his douche factor in the last few years. His humble, good guy act from years past is long gone.
    Last edited by teleee; 05-20-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

i think i actually like embiid better after seeing him crying after losing game 7.

never a huge chris paul fan but always respected his game. the more i have seen him since he got to houston the less i like him.

i think draymond is the warriors playoff mvp and maybe their mvp over the several year arc of their run. obviously there are a lot of important parts but, ball smashing aside, i really hike his relentless team first work his ass off and drive drive drive to the hole.

Curry just isn't fair

OT

Tonights game is why KD is so valuable. Closer.

Draymond wants KD back so he can put those 23 pounds back on.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Congratulations to the Blazers on a great season and making it as far as they did without Nurk.

Go Bucks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Regarding Curry, my wife and I were talking about how it felt weird after game 2 when they asked him about Seth and he sort of shrugged off Seth's performance. No mention of being proud, love or anything--just looked like a dick, honestly. Surprised me for sure.
    yeah,,,dick qualities for sure....not to mention the mouthguard too.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Draymond wants KD back so he can put those 23 pounds back on.
    now that's a good one.

What would be your favored Finals result:
    a) Bucks (or Raps) crush Dubs;
    b) Dubs win without Durant; or
    c) other?

I think b would be great because it seems KD is leaving anyway. YMMV...

Can’t take credit for idea -> https://adequateman.deadspin.com/wha...ers-1834915704

Something has happened in the last decade or so that has caused us to collectively despise great athletes who would have been generally beloved in the past.

Is it just the 24/7 exposure? The way sports are covered by intentional-assholes like Steven A Smith and Max Kellerman? Or is it a related broader cultural shift that has caused us all to feel comfortable criticizing shit we barely understand? You can bet there would be a lot more Jordan haters if he were playing today.

B

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    yeah,,,dick qualities for sure....not to mention the mouthguard too.
    Probably just being cautious with his words. Why show weakness. Seth was a HS star and went to Duke. Still thinks he's better. You think those two played nice as kids?

My favored Finals result would be the winner of bucks/raps in 7. I'd rather not have a sweep from either team.

I think a lot of the hate and feelings about players just seems more prevalent these days because it's shared so much easier. The 24hr sports news doesn't help either though. Isiah Thomas is one of the greatest PGs ever, ask pretty much anyone outside of Michigan back in 1991 what they thought of him and I bet it would be pretty negative. Honestly though, I'm too young to speak personally on the NBA pre ~2000
    It sucks to suck.

It's a bit on the culture it seems. Nobody likes another winning all the time unless it is their team. Win and you have a target on your back cuz they are afraid to put it on your chest.
    Everybody needs to relax. Your team loses and it's like the other team kicked your puppy. I used to be overly obsessed with sports until I came to a better understanding. They don't worry about the fans as the fans worry about them...well, maybe KD and a couple others.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    c) other?

Can’t take credit for idea -> https://adequateman.deadspin.com/wha...ers-1834915704
    Without a doubt A, but it aint happening, Dubs in 5, they could even sweep.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    c) other?

c ver. 1.0) Bucks narrowly beat Dubs at full strength (i.e., with KD and Boogie avail.), or
    c ver. 2.0) Dubs without KD and Boogie narrowly beat Bucks or Raps

ver. 1.0 would basically close the door on Lebron being the best player, end the discussion of KD being the best, and usher in a new era where the Greek Freak is da man.

ver. 2.0 would just be cool to see the warriors original big three do it one more time with all the youngsters coming off the bench.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Warriors are feeling pretty good right now and I think they probably can buckle down and play even sharper if needed. Don't know if bringing KD back will help or hurt things. If I were Kerr I'd probably keep 'resting' him and see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Something has happened in the last decade or so that has caused us to collectively despise great athletes who would have been generally beloved in the past.

Is it just the 24/7 exposure? The way sports are covered by intentional-assholes like Steven A Smith and Max Kellerman? Or is it a related broader cultural shift that has caused us all to feel comfortable criticizing shit we barely understand? You can bet there would be a lot more Jordan haters if he were playing today.
    For me it's the grotesque amount of money they make, for playing a damn game ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Warriors are feeling pretty good right now and I think they probably can buckle down and play even sharper if needed. Don't know if bringing KD back will help or hurt things. If I were Kerr I'd probably keep 'resting' him and see how things go.
    the warriors are better with KD - end of story

Better maybe, but I am really enjoying watching them without him.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    For me it's the grotesque amount of money they make, for playing a damn game ffs...
    And X1000 this. Unless they are playing in their hometown or favorite boyhood team, what is their real motivation? I am only climbing that hill so far. And it might suck, but whatever.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    24/7, and the Stephen A. Smith’s certainly play a factor. I for one am fighting it. I would’ve loved to have played professional sports and these folks are just people too. Some of them are jerks, (like me), and some are decent. Most are decent people.
    Also time heals, look at how Portland almost likes Rasheed Wallace.

Yeah, I’m a W’s fan so I want them to win. I like their style of basketball, I like Kerr, I like Klay. I don’t care how many games. I want to see a healthy KD as well, and I’m not a big DMC fan, but I want him healthy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

NBA is an interesting sport. I'll be the first to admit I really started watching the sport closely when Curry was blowing up in 2013/14 (Besides the Jordan era). I live in the Bay Area so it was easy to jump on the bandwagon. I mean I went from knowing and caring very little about basketball to really finding it entertaining watching W's battle the Lebron's. There's so much opinions in basketball for individual players (KD hate, etc) and it's such a long boring season that reaching the finals 5 years in a row is the only thing that matters and the W's play like thats the only thing that matters. Man I wish the Raptors didn't have Drake... I'd be a fan.

Apparently the Raptors have an All-star caliber point guard. Who knew?
    It sucks to suck.