Page 99 of 111 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2771
    I think the Celts losing Kyrie might be a blessing. It seems like he is seriously a team killer, yea he is a great talent but this is a team game.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Conley to Jazz. Nice upgrade!

“The Memphis Grizzlies have traded guard Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz for Grayson Allen, Kyle Korver and Jae Crowder, the 23rd pick in Thursday's draft and a future first-round pick...”

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

“The Memphis Grizzlies have traded guard Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz for Grayson Allen, Kyle Korver and Jae Crowder, the 23rd pick in Thursday's draft and a future first-round pick...”
    I just saw that! Great news as a Jazz fan. If he can stay healthy the Jazz could be a serious contender in the west. The one thing the Jazz has been lacking is a point guard that can score - and some leadership on a young team will be greatly appreciated. And I think the price they paid for him seems totally reasonable.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

What is that future pick, what are the protections? The other players are filler (I expect Korver to be released or retire), and a 23rd pick is so-so, but that other pick?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I just saw that! Great news as a Jazz fan. If he can stay healthy the Jazz could be a serious contender in the west. The one thing the Jazz has been lacking is a point guard that can score - and some leadership on a young team will be greatly appreciated. And I think the price they paid for him seems totally reasonable.
    I agree, this work out well for the Jazz. I’m a big Crowder fan, but they had to make that trade.

The real question though, is with Allen and Korver gone, are we still the whitest team in the league?

Still, he will help that team immensely.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    when work was done I went home to my family
    Lucky them

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What is that future pick, what are the protections? The other players are filler (I expect Korver to be released or retire), and a 23rd pick is so-so, but that other pick?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7216.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	513.8 KB 
ID:	286258

so in all likelihood conveys in 2022, and if it hasn't conveyed by then, the Jazz are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I agree, this work out well for the Jazz. I’m a big Crowder fan, but they had to make that trade.

The real question though, is with Allen and Korver gone, are we still the whitest team in the league?
    Yep I really liked Crowder and his game, he will be missed, but giving him up for Conley was a no brainer. I think our status as the whitest team is in serious jeopardy!

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Chatter in Boston pointing toward Stevens’ teacher’s pet treatment of Hayward’s return having a role in the division of the locker room. Apparently the guys thought he was getting too many minutes, and granted he did look awful at points. Doesn’t excuse Irving for being the douche megaphone that he was all season.

so in all likelihood conveys in 2022, and if it hasn't conveyed by then, the Jazz are in trouble.
    Yep. Either shit hit the fan or they get our 2022 pick, which is hopefully a very late round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Chatter in Boston pointing toward Stevens’ teacher’s pet treatment of Hayward’s return having a role in the division of the locker room. Apparently the guys thought he was getting too many minutes, and granted he did look awful at points. Doesn’t excuse Irving for being the douche megaphone that he was all season.
    Dude was getting paid $30M and was coming back from a gruesome injury. The team was always going to be better long term by giving him minutes that he might not have deserved at that point in time. Fucking idiots.

Dude was getting paid $30M and was coming back from a gruesome injury. The team was always going to be better long term by giving him minutes that he might not have deserved at that point in time. Fucking idiots.
    that's pretty much how i saw it

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    that's pretty much how i saw it
    Agreed.

Fans were getting after him too. That season was such a cluster.

I expect Hayward to shut them all up next year. While everything that went down is disappointing, I still love this team, and think a starting five of, say, Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Baynes will still do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

Wow, that's a great move for Utah. Big Conley fan, he's just overlooked because he's playing at the same time as several future hall of fame guards. I think the Jazz are being forgotten a bit because of that first round exit, which with Houston was just a really bad matchup for them. Conley might be a difference maker if they meet again. And who knows what Houston will look like.

re: Boston and Hayward: yeah, you'd think you'd give the guy a little more leeway and understanding after his foot practically detached from his body. Boston suffered from having too many players that deserved more minutes than they had to spread around.

Crowder is one of my favs. Still pissed at the Celtics for moving him on.

I never thought I'd say this but if the season started today, it would likely be Jazz vs. Zers in the WCF. I realize the Lakers will still make moves and hopefully Klay is back in time for late season action, but as a snapshot, the only the variable is Denver as I don't see a severely depleted GS making it to the WCF. What a world!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I never thought I'd say this but if the season started today, it would likely be Jazz vs. Zers in the WCF. I realize the Lakers will still make moves and hopefully Klay is back in time for late season action, but as a snapshot, the only the variable is Denver as I don't see a severely depleted GS making it to the WCF. What a world!
    Jalen Rose picked Denver.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Jalen Rose picked Denver.
    If Utah can stay healthy I dont see Denver being able to hang. No offense to Jalen. It will be interesting to see how the Lakers pan out and there still seems to be a lot of moves yet to go down.

Is this where I say fuck the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You have my vote

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I'm intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Looks like Dallas is going to sign Horford. I think they were just ready to offer more year sand money than Ainge would even consider.