Page 95 of 111 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2771
    "Just a two minute rest, I'll be ready". That's what Klay told Kerr. With a torn ACL. After shooting two free throws with a torn ACL. That 's a Warrior.

What a bummer having Klay get hurt in the middle of a legendary finals performance (30 points on 12 attempts in 32 minutes!). I'm kind of glad the Warriors didn't hold on and go to game 7 after that - being so depleted Toronto likely would have just killed them anyway. I said early on that if someone was going to beat us, let it be Toronto or Milwaukee (or really any team but Houston). It was a nice run while it lasted. Congrats to Toronto fans.

The West is officially wide open next season. I bet the Warriors still max both Klay and KD and call it a regrouping year after playing so many extra games the last 5-6 years. My prediction is Curry competes for MVP next year averaging 35 per game (I mean, who else is going to score points?), they end up as the 6th or 7th seed and lose in the first round in a competitive series. Or maybe Klay returns late in the season and they pull off a first round upset and then get dispatched in the second round. Of course, something crazy could happen in the next several weeks so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    interesting.

the rockets brass are in such dire straits that rumors are looking at scraping and trading anyone, even harden. if the rockets could get looney, iggy or boogie; that might be enough to get past the warriors next year; that's what the raptors did and if kwahi leaves; rockets wining it all is not far fetched; but none of that matters as long as 9 of 10 plays are harden looks for his shot and passes out when he cant get it.
    Looney will get paid by Dubs (Bird Rights; key piece; will get minutes)

Iguodala has one year left and he’s prolly not leaving except to retire. If someone offered a trade for young talent, Dubs might trade him.

Boogie is possible but what can Rox offer? Aren’t they capped out because of CP3? He’s gonna want more than they can pay.

RealGM usually has good info on each team’s roster. Dunno about this time of year though. So much in flux.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    thought they were set for a few, my bad.

This Masai Ujiri not being allowed on the court at first is going to be interesting when it all comes out.
    Possibly, Ujiri did not have or show proper credential:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...uty-report.amp

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    i can see the shift in power going to the east now...free agents and dynasty finished.
    Odds makers think it's likely AD is going the Lakers. The Pelicans say they want the trade to happen before the draft and if that's the case then we'll know soon. I don't think LeBron is washed so even though it's an obnoxious hot take this far out either the Lakers, or the Clippers if they get Kawhi, could be the big winners in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    the rockets brass are in such dire straits that rumors are looking at scraping and trading anyone, even harden.
    I didn't read the situation as the Rockets were actually going to tear down and rebuild but instead it was intended as a time to get your shit together fear of god kind of message. I.e. scrap the D'Antoni analytic inflexibility, trade Capela/Kanter, etc.

I thought Harden did what he needed to do against the Warriors which is put up matching numbers against the Warriors first option. It's the rest of the team who failed to consistently play well. Gordon & Tucker had good games but they had bad games too. Harden even told Curry that he wished the Rockets would adopt a Warriors passing system instead of the D'Antoni iso attempt to draw a foul system.

the season may be over but the drama never ends
    http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...EF8D&mode=text

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    All things considered, losing after all that isn't really bugging me much at all. Proud of them hanging in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Still hella proud of the Dubs, gave it their all. Congrats 'tors.
    This is how I feel too. As a W's fan for 40 years, just really proud of them. It's been a great run. And with Lacob, Meyers and Kerr in charge, I don't think we've seen the last of this group just yet.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    the season may be over but the drama never ends
    http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...EF8D&mode=text
    Boogie is weird and Grant Napear is a fucking hack. Guy is like the Lowell Cohn of Sac. Mr Negativity with an unfounded superior attitude.

Here’s how one King’s fan described Napear some years ago:

Once upon a time I would hunt for recordings and podcasts from Grant on all things Kings but I have not done that in months now. I am sick of listening to this sleazebag that is only interested in being a mouth piece for the most dodgy owners in professional sports. His interests is not the Kings, its not being a realist in the debates, it is about sucking up to the Maloofs to the points where he is contradicting himself on a lot of things.

He is a guy that you would never "go to war with" because he would sell you out at the first opportunity just to make sure his *** it taken care of. He has an ego the size of the pacific ocean and does not allow anyone to bring forward the argument that discredit him. He will just yell them down and move on. He is a dictator in the purest sense of the word when it comes to the media. I just hope there comes a day when we get new owners and these guys realize just how much of a slimeball this douche bag really is and show him the exit door so he can leave Sacramento with a tail between his legs together with the Maloofs because that is exactly what he deserves. I am sure the Maloofs will have a job for him at the Palms as a janitor, provided of course they are still wanted there.

There are not many people in this world that make my stomach turn...this douchebag is certainly one of those people. I can't stand people with a lack of integrity and Grant wouldn't know the meaning of the word, let alone having any.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Two of best players in the league out for season next year. No KD and no Klay.
    Now, regular people will get to enjoy GSW home games. Band wagon will amount to nothing.

In this day and age, can hardly blame courtside security from stopping someone without credentials, even if they are in a suit. Sounds like dude did his job.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Odds makers think it's likely AD is going the Lakers. The Pelicans say they want the trade to happen before the draft and if that's the case then we'll know soon.
    That makes it VERY hard for the Celtics to be involved, because they cannot trade for AD until after Kyrie opts out. So they would have to come to terms with the Pelicans, and assuming picks are involved (which seems likely), make the Pelicans picks for them. Then consummate the trade in July.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by pappag View Post
    Now, regular people will get to enjoy GSW home games. Band wagon will amount to nothing.
    Prolly still going to be priced out of my league at Chase Center, but maybe. Keep hope alive!

For context, in 2015-2016, I went to Golden State of Mind Night on a group ticket for about $50 and it included a GSOM t-shirt. Dubs beat Memphis by 50 that night.

Same upper bowl tix this year woulda cost about $110-$140 each.

Get that down to $75 all in and I can take my kid to a game for $200 with parking. Add $25 for a couple hot dogs and a coke.

Thats part of why it will be interesting.
    IF he didnt why the fuck not? The trophy is in the building, you dont give the President of the possible NBA champs a cred to get on the floor?

Doubt he would toss it if he got it being a sports executive and all

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    What a bummer having Klay get hurt in the middle of a legendary finals performance (30 points on 12 attempts in 32 minutes!). I'm kind of glad the Warriors didn't hold on and go to game 7 after that - being so depleted Toronto likely would have just killed them anyway. I said early on that if someone was going to beat us, let it be Toronto or Milwaukee (or really any team but Houston). It was a nice run while it lasted. Congrats to Toronto fans.

The West is officially wide open next season. I bet the Warriors still max both Klay and KD and call it a regrouping year after playing so many extra games the last 5-6 years. My prediction is Curry competes for MVP next year averaging 35 per game (I mean, who else is going to score points?), they end up as the 6th or 7th seed and lose in the first round in a competitive series. Or maybe Klay returns late in the season and they pull off a first round upset and then get dispatched in the second round. Of course, something crazy could happen in the next several weeks so who knows.
    The West is set up nicely for,

wait for it.......................

Teh Nugz

Thats part of why it will be interesting.
    IF he didnt why the fuck not? The trophy is in the building, you dont give the President of the possible NBA champs a cred to get on the floor?

Doubt he would toss it if he got it being a sports executive and all
    Some people are calling it profiling. But, ever see crowd in Oakland? About as diverse as it gets for events with pricey tickets.

Some people are calling it profiling. But, ever see crowd in Oakland? About as diverse as it gets for events with pricey tickets.
    yeah but how believable is a non-white owner??

Same upper bowl tix this year woulda cost about $110-$140 each.

Get that down to $75 all in and I can take my kid to a game for $200 with parking. Add $25 for a couple hot dogs and a coke.
    Damn, that's a bit steep for me but I was spoiled as fuck when Faried was on the Nuggets and going to games with his pops.

Off topic, interesting the o/u at tip-off was 212.5 and the score 112-100 before the final 2 FTs that pushed it over.

not saying its profiling, but looking at the video, the cop was being a hard ass. and if you look here hes got the credential Name:  raptors.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  123.7 KB

Hitting a cop is a serious offence ( just ask Will Hunting) if there are no charges filed I think we will know who was in the wrong.

I do think it is shitty that every news outlet is framing it as NBA exec assaults cop.

not saying its profiling, but looking at the video, the cop was being a hard ass. and if you look here hes got the credential Name:  raptors.jpg

Hitting a cop is a serious offence ( just ask Will Hunting) if there are no charges filed I think we will know who was in the wrong.

I do think it is shitty that every news outlet is framing it as NBA exec assaults cop.
    who knows if that is the proper "credential" and who knows when he got that. Maybe he had it all along, but didn't think he needed to show it in the excitement of the moment, and responded aggressively when the cop didn't just let him in? Maybe someone gave it to him to settle the dispute? And all reports are that it wasn't really a punch, but a shoving match of sorts (where a hand may have struck the cop). And no, if nothing happens it doesn't mean Ujiri was in the right, it could just be cooler heads prevailing and nobody wanting a big deal to be made of this when it was all heat of the moment stuff at a crazy time, regardless of who was "right".

Seems interesting that it is you who wants to make some big deal of this. I watched the video and couldn't tell a thing, they both looked steamed, but you seem to be able to tell that the cop was an asshole and it was a racial incident. Why?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Didn’t see the video. Thanks for sharing. Guess the entire context will come out later.

I’ve been a security person at arena events and it can get really confusing and stressful in a large crowd.

If a player is seriously injured, his team can apply for the disabled player exception to replace him. In order for the exception to be granted, an NBA-designated physician must determine that the player is “substantially more likely than not” to be sidelined through at least June 15 of that league year. If granted, the disabled player exception allows a club to sign a replacement player for 50% of the injured player’s salary, or for the amount of the non-taxpayer’s mid-level exception, whichever is lesser.
    Interesting. I didn't know that was a thing, but it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pappag View Post
    No way. Chase Center is opening and it's going to be a scene, and still expensive as fuck. Plus, they still have Curry and while they won't be competing for a ring, should still be fun to watch even if they only win 40-something games.

Need context/more info. These days I’d be a stickler for credentials
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

FWIW, there's another video circulating of the Raptors’ Masai Ujiri holding his credential in the tunnel just prior to the end of the game.

Totally unrelated, the Jeremy Lin game 3 highlight tape:

https://twitter.com/OgWanunoby/statu...903616/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by mock1 View Post
    "Just a two minute rest, I'll be ready". That's what Klay told Kerr. With a torn ACL. After shooting two free throws with a torn ACL. That 's a Warrior.
    Yeah, but he didn't return to the bench to watch the end of the game. Wyeaster calls it a total prima-donna move. That Klay Thompson, always just thinking about himself. Did you hear about the time Nurkic returned to the bench and lifted the teams spirits?

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Yeah, but he didn't return to the bench to watch the end of the game. Wyeaster calls it a total prima-donna move. That Klay Thompson, always just thinking about himself. Did you hear about the time Nurkic returned to the bench and lifted the teams spirits?
    hey poindexter, you should try getting your attributions right so you don't look so poindextery

Power tripping little dipshit police officer is my take. Premature of course, but that's how I roll. Not to mention Ujiri is black...
    I'd like to be wrong here BTW.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!