Page 97 of 113 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2816
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Thats part of why it will be interesting.
    IF he didnt why the fuck not? The trophy is in the building, you dont give the President of the possible NBA champs a cred to get on the floor?

Doubt he would toss it if he got it being a sports executive and all
    Some people are calling it profiling. But, ever see crowd in Oakland? About as diverse as it gets for events with pricey tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Some people are calling it profiling. But, ever see crowd in Oakland? About as diverse as it gets for events with pricey tickets.
    yeah but how believable is a non-white owner??

Same upper bowl tix this year woulda cost about $110-$140 each.

Get that down to $75 all in and I can take my kid to a game for $200 with parking. Add $25 for a couple hot dogs and a coke.
    Damn, that's a bit steep for me but I was spoiled as fuck when Faried was on the Nuggets and going to games with his pops.

Off topic, interesting the o/u at tip-off was 212.5 and the score 112-100 before the final 2 FTs that pushed it over.

not saying its profiling, but looking at the video, the cop was being a hard ass. and if you look here hes got the credential Name:  raptors.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  123.7 KB

Hitting a cop is a serious offence ( just ask Will Hunting) if there are no charges filed I think we will know who was in the wrong.

I do think it is shitty that every news outlet is framing it as NBA exec assaults cop.

not saying its profiling, but looking at the video, the cop was being a hard ass. and if you look here hes got the credential Name:  raptors.jpg

Hitting a cop is a serious offence ( just ask Will Hunting) if there are no charges filed I think we will know who was in the wrong.

I do think it is shitty that every news outlet is framing it as NBA exec assaults cop.
    who knows if that is the proper "credential" and who knows when he got that. Maybe he had it all along, but didn't think he needed to show it in the excitement of the moment, and responded aggressively when the cop didn't just let him in? Maybe someone gave it to him to settle the dispute? And all reports are that it wasn't really a punch, but a shoving match of sorts (where a hand may have struck the cop). And no, if nothing happens it doesn't mean Ujiri was in the right, it could just be cooler heads prevailing and nobody wanting a big deal to be made of this when it was all heat of the moment stuff at a crazy time, regardless of who was "right".

Seems interesting that it is you who wants to make some big deal of this. I watched the video and couldn't tell a thing, they both looked steamed, but you seem to be able to tell that the cop was an asshole and it was a racial incident. Why?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Didn’t see the video. Thanks for sharing. Guess the entire context will come out later.

I’ve been a security person at arena events and it can get really confusing and stressful in a large crowd.

If a player is seriously injured, his team can apply for the disabled player exception to replace him. In order for the exception to be granted, an NBA-designated physician must determine that the player is “substantially more likely than not” to be sidelined through at least June 15 of that league year. If granted, the disabled player exception allows a club to sign a replacement player for 50% of the injured player’s salary, or for the amount of the non-taxpayer’s mid-level exception, whichever is lesser.
    Interesting. I didn't know that was a thing, but it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pappag View Post
    Now, regular people will get to enjoy GSW home games. Band wagon will amount to nothing.
    No way. Chase Center is opening and it's going to be a scene, and still expensive as fuck. Plus, they still have Curry and while they won't be competing for a ring, should still be fun to watch even if they only win 40-something games.

Need context/more info. These days I’d be a stickler for credentials
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

FWIW, there's another video circulating of the Raptors’ Masai Ujiri holding his credential in the tunnel just prior to the end of the game.

Totally unrelated, the Jeremy Lin game 3 highlight tape:

https://twitter.com/OgWanunoby/statu...903616/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by mock1 View Post
    "Just a two minute rest, I'll be ready". That's what Klay told Kerr. With a torn ACL. After shooting two free throws with a torn ACL. That 's a Warrior.
    Yeah, but he didn't return to the bench to watch the end of the game. Wyeaster calls it a total prima-donna move. That Klay Thompson, always just thinking about himself. Did you hear about the time Nurkic returned to the bench and lifted the teams spirits?

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Yeah, but he didn't return to the bench to watch the end of the game. Wyeaster calls it a total prima-donna move. That Klay Thompson, always just thinking about himself. Did you hear about the time Nurkic returned to the bench and lifted the teams spirits?
    hey poindexter, you should try getting your attributions right so you don't look so poindextery

Power tripping little dipshit police officer is my take. Premature of course, but that's how I roll. Not to mention Ujiri is black...
    I'd like to be wrong here BTW.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    yeah but how believable is a non-white owner??
    Good question but Oakland is diverse. Probably would support not calling majority shareholders “owners.”

So one time circa 1991-1992, I came down from my nosebleed upper bowl season ticket seats and bird dogged some seats about 10-12 rows behind the Dubs’ bench and sat down next to this elegantly dressed African American couple.

Woman turns to me and says, “You know, we’ve had these seats for 15 years.”

I say, “I’ll bet. These are fantastic.”

She says, “You know whose seats you’re in? Those are the mayor’s seats.” (Elihu Harris - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elihu_Harris)

At that time, you could sneak down there. They’re a lot edgier now. I wouldn’t even try.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    FWIW, there's another video circulating of the Raptors’ Masai Ujiri holding his credential in the tunnel just prior to the end of the game.
    If he had the credential and showed it and the guy wouldn't let him on the court, fuck that guy!

But if he had the credential and refused to show it in the heat of the moment, then fuck him, because then the cop was doing his job. Everyone these days talks about player security, and part of that is showing your credentials at a crazy moment. There have been incidents in the past during playoff celebrations, security should be vigilant and shouldn't be expected to know who he is.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Kyle Kuzma is an asshole. Those citing “karma” (incorrectly, BTW) should be careful...

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylekuzma...79393854226434

Boy is about to get traded to Pelicans.

Kyle Kuzma is an asshole. Those citing “karma” (incorrectly, BTW) should be careful...

Meh, seems pretty benign and in good fun.

Plus Kawhi and the Spurs were dominating when he got hurt....

dude grew up in Flint, that couldn’t have helped much.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Meh, seems pretty benign and in good fun.

Plus Kawhi and the Spurs were dominating when he got hurt....
    Better tell David Lee that in addition to being part of the bitch ass Spurs squad that lost a 20+ point lead, he’d better watch his ass in retirement for failing to get his damn foot outta Kawhi’s way and fucking up his ankle before the Zaza play...

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Adonal Foyle had an interesting postgame observation and directed some shade at Jordan Bell for starting game 1 but being listed as DidNotPlay, coaches decision in game 6. Sounds like some locker room drama w JB lacking maturity and accountability

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Adonal Foyle had an interesting postgame observation and directed some shade at Jordan Bell for starting game 1 but being listed as DidNotPlay, coaches decision in game 6. Sounds like some locker room drama w JB lacking maturity and accountability
    Disappointing. Million dollar body, 5-cent head...

I guess it takes a Wiener to point out a Smuck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190614-185527~2.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	285829

If that's the case, then cop is a dick.

Player evaluation - impact metrics discussion - Top 10 Players 2019 (hoop nerd interest only): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=93zief7g2Jk

I'm a hoop nerd, and I couldn't make it through that.