Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2771

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Curious why you have Denver falling so far after being the 2 seed last year? Young team only getting more experienced. Plus 41 games at altitude. Man, the West is going to be ridiculously stacked next season.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Curious why you have Denver falling so far after being the 2 seed last year? Young team only getting more experienced. Plus 41 games at altitude. Man, the West is going to be ridiculously stacked next season.
    Dubs were 1 and drop to 5; still have 3 All-Stars on team until Klay returns in March (albeit DLo is a replacement all-star). Rockets got a crappy start last year but return same team and will likely have better start. Clippers, Lakers and Jazz all were behind DEN and got better.

Maybe Dubs don’t have good regular season. Who knows? It’s wide open since Dubs’ Dynasty is over. Pretty fun to see all the movement.

This would be the year to change to top 16 teams regardless of conference playoff seeding. As it stands I think at least 2 Eastern teams will make it in with losing records.

To make it interesting, have the first two out from the West play the first two out from the East one game for the 15 and 16 slots.

Where will Westbrook end up? Seems like OKC is/will be trading out vets and big contracts for picks and young assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    This would be the year to change to top 16 teams regardless of conference playoff seeding. As it stands I think at least 2 Eastern teams will make it in with losing records.

To make it interesting, have the first two out from the West play the first two out from the East one game for the 15 and 16 slots.
    Would be a fun idea. NBA seems to be the league most willing to change among major sports.

Wonder if they’ll do the mid-year tournament to break up the regular season. Maybe award an extra draft pick to winner of tourney as an incentive?

Boogie n Rondo to Lakers

^^^^man are they going to be easy to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Fuck dude, I had 40 years of intense hate that I put on the shelf while they were irrelevant for 5-6 years. Pretty easy to put it back in place...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Kawhi to the Clippers with Paul George...
    But why Kawhi??
    Shit.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    But why Kawhi??
    Shit.
    Because he’s from SoCal... sometimes it’s just that simple.

Lakers are going to have an old roster.

^^^it's like the Cavs.....part 2.

Nuggets obtain Jerami Grant from OKC for 1st rounder. I like the move.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    I got banned from Stapes for One Year, I win the hate
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I got banned from Stapes for One Year, I win the hate
    OK, I’ll bite - what’s the story behind that?

OKC already has acquired an absurd number of draft picks over the next 5 or so years. Once they trade Westbrook the total haul is going to be insane. They weren't going anywhere - smart to just burn the whole thing to the ground.

Can you believe that franchise drafted KD, Westbrook and Harden in three straight years and never won a finals?

OKC already has acquired an absurd number of draft picks over the next 5 or so years. Once they trade Westbrook the total haul is going to be insane. They weren't going anywhere - smart to just burn the whole thing to the ground.
    I think the fact that the Thunder is in OKC is going to start sinking in and they'll forever join the long line of immaterial teams.

It'll be nice when they clearout and allow more WWE into Chesapeake Energy Arena.

Well, if you are a small market then you need to be draft heavy. Sam Presti is a smart exec who gets that and I agree with his approach.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well, if you are a small market then you need to be draft heavy. Sam Presti is a smart exec who gets that and I agree with his approach.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Would it be much different it they had stayed in Seattle? I think so

So how is all this player empowerment going? Makes it easier to follow along when you only have to pay attention to 6 or 8 teams.

Sam Presti is a smart exec who gets that and I agree with his approach.
    What evidence do we have for this? The draft is a crap shoot so I'm not going to give him credit on that and even if you did he had enough blunders to disqualify him from being "smart." What moves has he made that are "smart?"

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    The number 13 market, home of Boeing, MSFT and Amazon versus OKC at 45?

https://newsgeneration.com/broadcast...radio-markets/

Seattle had good fans. That was a shit move imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Seattle had good fans. That was a shit move imo.
    The shit move is still ongoing. In 1988, Sonics owner late Barry Ackerly wanted to build a privately funded arena in what is now the stadium district. The pols of the day nixed the idea because they were afraid the publicly owned and geographically isolated Colosseum (now the Key) would become a white elephant.

The Colosseum was rebuilt largely with public funds almost exactly how the Sonics wanted it. In 1995 David Stern thought it was wonderful. In 2002 when Howard bought the team in his quest to be liked, both him and the very same David Stern thought the place was a barn.

It is exactly repeating itself right now.

A new way to measure defense? https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-nba-defense/

“... one essential discovery we made in playing around with the opponents’ shooting data: the idea of minimizing openness. The main goal of shooting defense, especially in today’s spacing-centric, ball-movement-forward offensive era, is really to minimize the chance of an open shot.”

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    What evidence do we have for this? The draft is a crap shoot so I'm not going to give him credit on that and even if you did he had enough blunders to disqualify him from being "smart." What moves has he made that are "smart?"
    He did make some blunders, but he's more creative than a lot of GM's. And he's had his hands tied at times by OKC's cheapskate owners. It was impressive how he was able to trade for PG13 in the first place (he really snuck in out of nowhere) and the haul he just got for PG13 is crazy. On the other hand, he drafted three straight MVP winners and didn't win a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I do too. I think most NBA players would prefer to live in Seattle over OKC, without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    A new way to measure defense? https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-nba-defense/

“... one essential discovery we made in playing around with the opponents’ shooting data: the idea of minimizing openness. The main goal of shooting defense, especially in today’s spacing-centric, ball-movement-forward offensive era, is really to minimize the chance of an open shot.”
    I like that they are trying something new, but one slight flaw with this is it punishes players who consistently guard the best scorer on the other team, especially on the perimeter (i.e. Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson).