Page 108 of 111 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    In his last healthy year with NO, he averaged 25ppg, 12.9rpg, 5.4apg, 1.6spg, 1.6bpg. And those numbers were fairly representative of his career. Even added good 3 point shooting his last 2 healthy years (but sucked this year). His career PER is over 22 (10th among all active players). All-NBA 2nd team, twice. All star team 4 times (in the West, where it isn't as easy).

Dude was a BEAST. Yes, he's always been a headcase. But that has been his problem, not lack of star talent. Other than his short stint in NO with AD (and his recent turn with GSW), he has never played with talent around him, and played on one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NBA. You guys either never paid attention or have forgotten how good he was. For his entire time in the NBA (before the injury), the question has always been whether he could stop being a headcase, not whether he had all league talent. And while defense was never his strongest point, he has played good defense, he's not incapable of it. Or at least he wasn't incapable of it, the injury could change that. But he;s worth the risk.

So yes. If he returns to the pre-injury Boogie, I stand by my "tick below Embiid and Jokic" comment.
    I can't agree with this more. Boogie is an amazing talent. But he's got that super talented lazy man game like antoine walker or melo. These dudes just see the game different than the rest of us. Like they somehow find themselves in the passing lane intercepting a pass type vision. We'll see how this next season goes for him, but I wouldn't expect him to get a huge deal. Seems like a gamble based on the type of player he is and what he could do to your team chemistry. Shit, no one is willing to give melo another run and I think melo could still help out a NBA team.

I'm stoked with Jeff Green for the jazz. I'm still quietly hoping we can get Vince Carter to do a coach-player stint on the jazz. I mean every other washed up basketball journeyman seems to play a season near the end with the jazz haha

and fuck Kanter. that dude thinks he's much better than he is, which I think is a flaw in a player. Definitely is a good asset (14 pts, 8 rebs career guess) when he's not destroying locker room chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I don't about these white devils but you know I'm game. Bottle of Van Winkle suffice? All you Jizz fans are mighty confident around here in a pretty loaded conference... Just the way I like it. Tie breaker is presumably games won in that round, then total points scored in that round if necessary?

Any other Jizz guzzlers want a piece of this action?

As a jazz fan, I'm not overconfident in this team, I like the moves the team made, but the big signings are guys in their 30s. They'll be competitive and it shows your star that you desperately need to get to agree to a contract extension soon that you are committed to winning now. But contenders for the title is a stretch in my book.

ok jazz fans....hows this raul neto the sixers just picked up?

Zers let Layman go and created a little more space. Something tells me we're not done yet, even if it's a long play for the all star break.

I Bottle of Van Winkle suffice? All you Jizz fans are mighty confident around here in a pretty loaded conference... Just the way I like it. Tie breaker is presumably games won in that round, then total points scored in that round if necessary?
    Spit in hand, shake.

Old bet was always which ever team went deeper, if both bounced same round, push.

Pappy is a bit to hard to find and spendy, but like the idea. Weller Antique, Eagle Rare, Bakers, in that range will do

Any other Jizz guzzlers want a piece of this action?
    Now that it isnt Poppy ( I didnt want to send you to the poor house) I am totally in on this! Bring it on!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    KD has to be the most thin-skinned superstar in sports history. And in this case, what the hell did he expect?
    Forgot to chime in to say KD left the Warriors for the same reason he left the locker room. The Feels. He's a sensitive bitch is right.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Now that it isnt Poppy ( I didnt want to send you to the poor house) I am totally in on this! Bring it on!
    Hand shaken. Prepare to lose.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Kawhi to the Clippers with Paul George...

good....kawhi to lakers would of sucked for the league. fu westbrook, suck it, hahaha...way to go PG.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Kawhi to the Clippers with Paul George...
    I mean, holy shit.

I'm just glad to have him out of the east, without him the Sixers chances just got better to make the finals. Let the west teams beat the hell out of each other in the playoffs, it'll be a great season to watch.

Jerry Fucking Logo West
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Should be some awesome battles between those LA teams. Hope Clippers end up running LA

And...for Dubs fans, makes it nearly impossible for Draymond to be All-NBA playing against those teams 8x/year, which will save the Dubs $ off potential max contact.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    I'm just glad to have him out of the east, without him the Sixers chances just got better to make the finals. Let the west teams beat the hell out of each other in the playoffs, it'll be a great season to watch.
    sixers need to make the finals now.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

I’ve said it many times in this thread: never underestimate Jerry West. Behind the scenes legend. Wow.

Never thought Kawhi would go to the Lakers. It didn’t make sense.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

And...for Dubs fans, makes it nearly impossible for Draymond to be All-NBA playing against those teams 8x/year, which will save the Dubs $ off potential max contact.
    That's a pretty big stretch.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

That's a pretty big stretch.
    I have a keen eye for the obvious

How would you all predict the playoff seeding for next season?

1) Clippers
    2) Jazz
    3) Rockets
    4) Nuggets
    5) Blazers
    6) Lakers
    7) Spurs
    8) Warriors

I think the top 5 in the West could be in just about any order.

1) Bucks
    2) Sixers
    3) Pacers
    4) Celtics
    5) Heat
    6) Nets
    7) Raptors
    8) Some shitty team, probably Orlando

Top three are the real contenders, I think.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Warriors are getting seriously disrespected right now. I like it. More of that please... make sure Steph and Draymond hear about this all off season long.

Klay is projected to return in Feb or March, btw. So they will have four guys from last year’s all star team... definitely an 8 seed.

Warriors are getting seriously disrespected right now. I like it. More of that please... make sure Steph and Draymond hear about this all off season long.

Klay is projected to return in Feb or March, btw. So they will have four guys from last year’s all star team... definitely an 8 seed.
    Yeah, I still think they’ll have home court for 1 series.

The west is gonna be fun to watch this year, no matter what happens.

Klay won't be at his best when he comes back. Iggy is gone. DLo makes no sense on that roster. Defense will be an issue.

I changed my mind. Warriors miss the playoffs. And you'll be even more sensitive about what people write about basketball on the internet.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Let’s bet on it. Bottle of nice bourbon?

Not sure how calling out a shitty opinion is “sensitive.” Sounds like a sensitive response.

Here’s an interesting ranking of starting 5s: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-for-clippers

NBA 2018/2019 thread

West:

1. Clippers
    2. Rockets
    3. Jazz
    4. Lakers
    5. Warriors
    6. Nuggets
    7. Blazers
    8. Kings

East:
    1. Sixers
    2. Bucks
    3. Celtics
    4. Pacers
    5. Heat
    6. Nets
    7. Raptors
    8. Pistons

Yeah, I want Dubs to play Lakers in Round 1 of playoffs and take them out.