Page 107 of 111 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Simmons is a seriously flawed player, but still deserves the max.
    This. Max was a no-brainer. He is a force and would be an even bigger one with the right roster. Without shooters and a second ball handler, he's limited in the half court. Like 6'10" peak Rondo. I also think his D is overrated. But 6'10" peak Rondo is still pretty damn hard to deal with.

If that team added Brogdon instead of Horford they'd be a 60 win team. If he learns to shoot (I don't think he will) Simmons is an all-NBA talent.

6'10" peak Rondo is a great way to describe him, lol.

And yes, a 6'10" peak Rondo is a max player.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

they save money now with the extension....when simmons gets (praying) a jump shot they'd be spending a shitload more....so a bit of a deal now for management.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

He’s a max player but possibly the kind that sinks your chances long term. He had better be working on a jump shot right now.

Not sure how they could in anyway pay more than a max. The supermax terms are very specific, and even if he could shoot he wouldn’t be bumping Curry and Harden from All NBA. I guess Kemba but there’s Beal and Thompson right there too.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Fair enough on Simmons. I don't think of him as a max player with his current game but a) I get the gamble and b) somebody else would eventually pay him max regardless, so there's that.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I hope Kawhi stays, but I have no idea what that guy is thinking.
    I think he’s heading to the Lakers.

Besides my 2 or 3 teams I enjoy (generally the Nuggets plus whatever teams some individuals I like are on) I like it when the NBA is a soap opera. KL to the Lakers is a soap opera. So I’m all for it.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When motivated, Boogie is a much better defender than GSW saw. Not saying he wasn't motivated this past year, just that he was coming back from injury.

I will take him if the Cs sign him, he's too freaking good not to. When healthy, he's only a slight tick below Jokic and Embiid, he's a stud. And I can only hope that the last 2 years have made him outgrow some of his bullshit from the Kangz days.
    Either he isn’t a good defender or he’s never been motivated. I love Boogie and his attitude but his mental lapses are a near constant.

A slight tick below Embiid and Jokic? No fucking way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^^exactly

In his last healthy year with NO, he averaged 25ppg, 12.9rpg, 5.4apg, 1.6spg, 1.6bpg. And those numbers were fairly representative of his career. Even added good 3 point shooting his last 2 healthy years (but sucked this year). His career PER is over 22 (10th among all active players). All-NBA 2nd team, twice. All star team 4 times (in the West, where it isn't as easy).

Dude was a BEAST. Yes, he's always been a headcase. But that has been his problem, not lack of star talent. Other than his short stint in NO with AD (and his recent turn with GSW), he has never played with talent around him, and played on one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NBA. You guys either never paid attention or have forgotten how good he was. For his entire time in the NBA (before the injury), the question has always been whether he could stop being a headcase, not whether he had all league talent. And while defense was never his strongest point, he has played good defense, he's not incapable of it. Or at least he wasn't incapable of it, the injury could change that. But he;s worth the risk.

So yes. If he returns to the pre-injury Boogie, I stand by my "tick below Embiid and Jokic" comment.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Jeff Green to the Jazz, love how they have stepped up to make the most of their window, They are definitely going to be a contender.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Fair enough on Simmons. I don't think of him as a max player with his current game but a) I get the gamble and b) somebody else would eventually pay him max regardless, so there's that.
    I'm not saying Philly shouldn't have done it - they were in a tough spot and didn't have much choice. Although a slight discount would have been better - Draymond had done more at this point in his career and didn't get the max.

I think there should be a market for Boogie. When he got back into shape in the spring with the Warriors he had some games where he absolutely owned both Capela and Jokic. And with Jokic and Denver as legit title contenders next year, someone will look at those tapes and want his services eventually. He really did put on a show that last game they played. Boogie is weird on defense... sometimes he sucks, other times you're like, holy shit, this guy is good. Not sure if it's effort or matchups or what. He's an enigma. Either way, he's probably better in the locker room than KD. ;-)

So glad to be done with the KD drama even if we won't be as good. Shit was exhausting and he sucked the fun out of last season - I really didn't enjoy it, other than the end of the Houston series and Portland series when he was out. I'm legit more excited about next year.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Jeff Green to the Jazz, love how they have stepped up to make the most of their window, They are definitely going to be a contender.
    Prolly cheaper for me to fly OAK-SLC than go to a game at Chase Center. Gotta see when Dubs play Jazz in SLC...

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Prolly cheaper for me to fly OAK-SLC than go to a game at Chase Center. Gotta see when Dubs play Jazz in SLC...
    I would make an effort to go to that game just to hang out with you
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Hey, I'm there too, if we can make it a TRG Dubs/Jazz night out. You in TahoeJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Possibly, yeah. Especially if we can roll it into some skiing as well. Haven't been skiing in Utah since 2014 and I've been wanting to make it back. It's such an easy trip with Southwest flights out of Oakland.

Why does Jeff Green keep getting 1 year minimum contracts? Does his agent suck? Nice signing by the Jazz.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

That’d be great to hook up w everyone. Def during ski season. Have an Ikon pass...

Last year Dubs were at Jazz 1/30 and 4/10...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    He’s a max player but possibly the kind that sinks your chances long term. He had better be working on a jump shot right now.
    Same with Murray on the Nugs now. He better be working on his jump shot (specifically consistency) as well because he certainly doesn't have the physical gifts that Simmons can lean on.

Someone would have maxed Murray next summer I'm pretty certain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Zers have gotten better for sure. It's going to be a very interesting season out west.
    Yo Rev.
    Lets go old school and resurrect our old bet from days of yore when the Jazz and Zers contended for the West. Bottle of brown to whoever's team goes farther in the playoffs?

Love what the Jazz have done on every level this summer. Good smart moves,

Kanter is a decent player but a punk ass bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Except Jeff Green. That guy sucks. There is a reason he's been on 8 teams in 12 years. Mental softness personified.

But yeah, I think the Jazz might win it all.

No kidding. What a fucking drama queen.

I think Jeff Green is a steal on a minimum deal. Surprised he didn't hold out to see if Kawhi goes to LA and just sign the same deal there. He had some good games in the finals.

BTW - I think Philly picking up Horford was super smart. They know they're going to need to get past Milwaukee in the foreseeable future and Horford gives Giannis a lot of trouble. They still need more perimeter shooting, however.

Also pretty stoked the Warriors retained Looney for only 3 / 15 - that's a crazy good deal. He's our new Iggy. Maybe not quite the same, but he still fits the spot in some ways.

This off season has to be the most up in the air the league has been in quite some time.

Let’s do it. All the new signings convinced me throw down for some season tickets this year, though I’m up in the cheap seats. Just need Kawhi to stay out east and we may be the front runners.

Pacers pick up TJ McConnell to add to TJ Leaf and TJ Warren. Unstoppable.
    It sucks to suck.

I’ve got a pretty good buddy named TJ. I’m gonna have to call him to see if he’s planning a move to Indiana.

People are kind of sleeping on the Pacers... with a healthy Olidapo back next year.

I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yo Rev.
    Lets go old school and resurrect our old bet from days of yore when the Jazz and Zers contended for the West. Bottle of brown to whoever's team goes farther in the playoffs?

I don't about these white devils but you know I'm game. Bottle of Van Winkle suffice? All you Jizz fans are mighty confident around here in a pretty loaded conference... Just the way I like it. Tie breaker is presumably games won in that round, then total points scored in that round if necessary?

Any other Jizz guzzlers want a piece of this action?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."