Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2771
    Danno (and other C's fans) - how are you feeling about losing Kyrie? How are you feeling if you lose Kyrie and gain Davis?

And Mark Jackson sucks:

https://deadspin.com/we-must-remove-...-ha-1835398227

“Jackson is both a former player and a former coach, and as such is caught between two prominent approaches, and he toggles impatiently and with obvious displeasure between the two. At one moment, he does the ex-player thing of complaining about how the game has changed and saltily pointing out the many mistakes of the people still playing in the games. At another, he attempts a severely degraded version of The Hubie Brown Thing, veering hard into the intricacies of a play while more overtly awe-inspiring or comment-worthy things happen around him.

Jackson generally does a lousy job at both, for something like the same reason. He reverts with unseemly eagerness to decommissioned jock soothsaying about losing teams Playing Scared and winning ones Wanting It More. When he leans on the coach-y fine points, his observations tend to be either banal—down three points late in a game? Please remember that you don’t need to take a three-pointer! Jackson’s stylistic signature, when in coach mode, is alighting on some minor point—it’s usually at least a real thing that happened, like a late defensive rotation or unwise challenge resulting in a foul—and then blows it up to IMAX scale, at which point it invariably becomes blurry and indistinct. Jackson is also a world-class reiterator, but often seems to choose the objects of his perseveration seemingly at random.”

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Danno (and other C's fans) - how are you feeling about losing Kyrie? How are you feeling if you lose Kyrie and gain Davis?
    Word is Davis would go UFA after a year in Boston

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Well, I'd still like to retain him, but also won't shed a tear if he leaves, because they still have a good team. It's Horford that I am most worried about, everyone talks about him as if he's there, but he can opt out too. They NEED big Al.

As for Davis, of course the devil is in the details. But I saw one speculative trade that was AD for Tatum, Smart, and picks. While I hate losing those guys (especially Smart), a starting 5 of Horford, AD, Hayward, Brown, and Rozier would be pretty damn good. I'd consider trading for him. But I also am cool with a starting 5 of, say, Horford, Tatum, Hayward, Brown, and Rozier, with Baynes and Smart coming off the bench.

I think people are totally sleeping on Hayward. I expect him to be back next year as the player they signed 2 years ago.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Word is Davis would go UFA after a year in Boston
    Sure. And the word was that George would do the same thing. And that Kawhi will do the same thing. George obviously didn't, and who knows if Kawhi will leave. It's worth taking a shot.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Sure. And the word was that George would do the same thing. And that Kawhi will do the same thing. George obviously didn't, and who knows if Kawhi will leave. It's worth taking a shot.
    Of course, that’s what we wanted to know - whether a dedicated C’s fan thought it was worth a shot or whether the assets should be used for what would appear to be a longer play. Can’t think of a team with more trade assets than the C’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't see them losing the last game in Oracle
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Agreed. I think GSW will run over the raps and send it to game 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Game 6 Klay has this one covered.

Game 7 in Toronto is going to be a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I agree that the likely outcome is game 7.

That said, Kawhi is one of those rare players that could simply be so good that the Raps win. (Steph is also such a player, and on rare occasions Klay can be too, so it should be interesting)
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    association is prepared for game 7 superhype
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The refs have been briefed. Operation game 7 is in effect.
    You're all wrong. Raps finish it tonight bitches.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Of course, that’s what we wanted to know - whether a dedicated C’s fan thought it was worth a shot or whether the assets should be used for what would appear to be a longer play. Can’t think of a team with more trade assets than the C’s.
    Yeah, I kinda think they should go for it.

Yeah, but of course the devil is in the details. I'd be willing to give away all the draft picks, and Tatum OR Brown. But not both of those guys. Would probably require a 3 team trade because nobody wants that many picks.

I'm fine if we stay pat, though, because frankly I thought AD and his agent acted like bitches through this thing. But I'm no idiot, he's too good of a player to let that control what I want.

Warriors line-up is needs duct tape and bubblegum. As long as Steph and Klay go for 40 each and Dray dishes 25 assists, they should be fine.
    So even last game in Oracle, they are gonna need the full monty. These aren't "ordinary" circumstances.
    So who is the x factor if they win? Cook or Livingston, maybe Iggy. Jerebko may still not see the floor.

It's coming down to the last shot like last game.

If it's a sing-off, Canada wins this hands down with Sarah McLachlan over this guy from Train.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaronDavis

Last game at Oracle. Love you guys!! You gave me memories and moments that I will cherish forever. Appreciate the love everytime I walk in the building. The same energy when I played. Bay Area is my second home and Dubs fans are family for life!!!! #Godubs #Bayarea

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tYpwjB0IzoU

Megadeth's "Rattlehead" used in a commercial. Is this real life?

Raps with 7 3s and Dubs with 6 TOs and it’s a 1-point game after 1st. OK...

What a game!!!

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Last game at Oracle. Love you guys!!
    It'll just be the Coliseum to me, screw Larry. Great memories for me at the venue as well, won't be the same in their gaudy Tech Bro edifice in SF. Polar opposite of the Cow Palace, which also holds some great sports memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    It'll just be the Coliseum to me, screw Larry. Great memories for me at the venue as well, won't be the same in their gaudy Tech Bro edifice in SF. Polar opposite of the Cow Palace, which also holds some great sports memories.
    Fact. Oakland Coliseum (& Stadium as well) to me. First concert ever was there...Def Leppard '83. So many concerts, Warriors, Globetrotters and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i memba games at The Cow Palace. now i’m at yoot gymnastic practice scouring the inter webz for up to date scoring.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1765.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	285775
    My pop got me this at a game at the Cow Palace

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1760.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	285776

When I first moved here in the early 90s I thought it would be cool if they moved back to SF (and even change back to SFW), now I am dreading it.

Coliseum is now called Cow Palace East.

Looking like the over is happening.

my first nba game was golden state v new orleans jazz in oakland 1974ish. my second was 6 months ago.

Ouch.