Page 72 of 111 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2771
    The Raps were the prettiest ugly tonight

The presumptive regular season MVP did not look the part tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The presumptive regular season MVP did not look the part tonight.
    4/9 on FT's? Saw a stat mid-game that he was 5 of last 20. Haven't looked at season stats yet, so maybe just bad nerves or he is just not good at it.
    Mini rant: Every single fucking NBA player should be able to shoot FT's at a decent clip. It's like some don't work on that game at all.

Edit: 72.9% this regular season. So nerves? Not good.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Shooting free throws and breaking through: the Deandre Jordan story. Check his stats this year vs his entire career prior, pretty cool. Such a mental game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...jordade01.html

If you haven’t heard the story yet, basically he was just deep into his own head, so this year at the line he just chats casually with a teammate, then quickly takes a shot without really thinking about it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Exactly.
    Being able to just play and not standing there with everybody looking at you has got to be the easier part. But dammit man, figure it out. What, they don't pay you enough? smh

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Shooting free throws and breaking through: the Deandre Jordan story. Check his stats this year vs his entire career prior, pretty cool. Such a mental game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...jordade01.html

If you haven’t heard the story yet, basically he was just deep into his own head, so this year at the line he just chats casually with a teammate, then quickly takes a shot without really thinking about it.
    If he can do that maybe Barkley can learn how to swing a golf club.

I wonder if anyone in league history has improved that much at the line in a single season? Going from a career average of 40-41% (with some seasons in the 30's) and then suddenly jumping all the way up to 70%? Pretty insane.

Re: Kemba Walker all NBA... if you're Charlotte, you can't offer him the supermax just because he's technically eligible, right? You can't pay Walker 35% of your team's salary cap and be competitive. He's a solid player, but not even in the same league as the other guys on supermax deals.

Re: Kemba Walker all NBA... if you're Charlotte, you can't offer him the supermax just because he's technically eligible, right? You can't pay Walker 35% of your team's salary cap and be competitive. He's a solid player, but not even in the same league as the other guys on supermax deals.
    The super max has been interesting. It has in some ways worked to help small markets retain players. But it has also led to some interesting consequences. For ex, Boogie was traded because the Kangz did not want to pay him the supermax. And for people like Anthony Davis and Kawhi Leonard, the very existence of the super max has led to their trades (or eventual trade), too, because them choosing not to sign the supermax is the obvious indication that you need to trade them immediately (yes, I realize Davis is slightly different, but he knew that it was coming this off-season and so he jumped the gun).

As to your question, no way do you sign Kemba to a super max. Not sure I'd even sign him to a max. Citation: John Wall.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NBA 2018/2019 thread

I’m not really scared of either of these teams now that I’ve had a better look. Subpar options on offense outside of Giannis and Kawhi.

I may eat those words, but even with KD out I don’t see where else the offense is coming from. Thinking the west is still well ahead of the east.

(Both Giannis and Leonard are awesome, for the record). Giannis should spend his entire off season shooting threes. If he could get to 35% he could become one of the greatest threats of all time. LeBron is 34% for comparison.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-25-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Ucks wilting under the bright lights. Not quite ready for prime time. Kinda like the Raptors tended to do.

WoW eh
    It only took 24 years to make to the finals.

Kawhi might be the best player in the league. Dubs still favored. But not a complete lock.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Kawhi might be the best player in the league. Dubs still favored. But not a complete lock.
    Did you know Kawhi has never had a triple double? That came as a shock to me. He’s a top 5 player for sure but seriously have doubts about him being the best.

Triple doubles are arbitrary of course, but he literally just had 9 assists for the first time ever which brings to question his passing / playmaker ability. He’s great, but best in the league? Don’t see it... he has the chance now to prove otherwise. I’ll take Steph.

Not gonna get overconfident about Dubs beating the 'tors, 'cuz Kawhi et al are kinda sneaky under-the-radar good and I can see them surprising GS, perhaps more than once, much like the 'pers did, plus they have home court and Scotia is a pretty good home venue. Interesting to see how things work out, especially with the uncertainty in re: KD and Boogie.

I just want to know if Drake has thanked LeBron for leaving the East yet.
    I still call it The Jake.

#WETHEDRAKE
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Did you know Kawhi has never had a triple double? That came as a shock to me. He’s a top 5 player for sure but seriously have doubts about him being the best.

Triple doubles are arbitrary of course, but he literally just had 9 assists for the first time ever which brings to question his passing / playmaker ability. He’s great, but best in the league? Don’t see it... he has the chance now to prove otherwise. I’ll take Steph.
    He's a fantastic offensive player (and still getting better) but there are definitely a few who are clearly better. He's a wrecking crew on defense. None of the guys who are clearly better than him on offense can impact a game defensively the way he can. How you balance the offense vs defense to determine "best" is really the question.

He might be. Might be KD, Steph, LeBron, or Giannis. Maybe we'll know more in a few weeks.

I can’t remember, anybody pick W’s v. Raptors at the beginning of the season? I picked Celtics. First time a finals will be played outside the U.S. eh. I kinda liked the Canadian thing and all, but now I want the W’s to kick their ass to shut Drake up.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

please don't even put the camera on drake anymore....please.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I can’t remember, anybody pick W’s v. Raptors at the beginning of the season? I picked Celtics. First time a finals will be played outside the U.S. eh. I kinda liked the Canadian thing and all, but now I want the W’s to kick their ass to shut Drake up.
    Tough call. I get the Drake thing. However, W's can't hang on forever. Of course I'd rather see the west win than any east team other than the Celtics.

Heh, everyone hates the Warriors but not nearly as much as Drake. Pretty funny. I always refer to him as poor man’s Jack Nicholson.

If someone were to punch Drake in the face I would be the first to cheer.
    Who the fuck does he think he is ? Spike Lee ?

I'm rooting for the Raptors, mostly because I want to see a change in the NBA champions. Same team winning every year because they are loaded with all stars just isn't interesting or fun.

Why was it that the league blocked Chris Paul's trade to the Lakers, but not Durant's trade to the Warriors?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.