Page 40 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2771

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    How many open-look and/or uncontested 3s did the Jazz whiff?
    Probably a dozen in addition to the ones they made. (I watched the game)

Game would not have been close if Jazz shot a decent %. Even Korver missed 2-3 of them.

Jazz 12/41 from 3 or 29%. If they go 4/12 (33%) on the wide open ones they missed, that’s 12 points.

Jazz were also 25/38 on FTs (66%).if they shoot 75% then that’s another 3 points. 13 missed FTs.

Jazz can’t shoot for shit. If they could shoot even close to league average, they’d have had 15 more points.

Also, Rockets were selling out and flying at jump shooters. Utah runs their offense so late in the shot clock that Houston could do that.

If Utah ran their offense 2-3 seconds earlier then they could pump fake, let the defender fly by, and take the equivalent of practice 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    10.....9....8....76ers.

Dudley...what a buffoon.
    Butler getting tossed almost cost them the game. Ennis is not playable in a playoff game.

Levert abused Ennis several notable times and Spencer Dinwiddie (love the name - sounds like an accountant) went off for 18 points off the bench.

Butler plays more and I’m pretty sure he would have played better defense than Ennis.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZwidt6Y-I

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    no playoff experience and going against arguably the best coach in NBA history. They are toast unless they dig deep.
    And even now back at 2-2 I'd mark them as underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Butler getting tossed almost cost them the game. Ennis is not playable in a playoff game.

Levert abused Ennis several notable times and Spencer Dinwiddie (love the name - sounds like an accountant) went off for 18 points off the bench.

Butler plays more and I’m pretty sure he would have played better defense than Ennis.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bYZwidt6Y-I
    This. Dudley essentially sacrificed himself to give the Nets a great chance. Also, he was standing up for Allen after Embiid's second cheap shot of the series on him. Classic Embiid though, take a cheap shot, run away from the ensuing scuffle, talk shit after the game.
    It sucks to suck.

Well, I had a lot of high hopes for this season. The Pacers kept playing just well enough after Oladipo went out to keep those hopes up, but now reality has hit. The positive is we were able to maintain a 48-win season even with our only All-star missing 46 games. Going to have a lot of cap space this off-season too and we're still young with Oladipo being 26, Turner is 23, and Sabonis is 22. I think the Pacers next year will be back to being a top 3 Eastern Conference team as they were with Oladipo this year. Would've been nice to play a better series though.

Still think it'll be Raptors-Bucks in the ECF this year.
    It sucks to suck.

You should be excited about your team with a healthy Olidapo moving forward for sure... they played pretty damn well without him.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Game would not have been close if Jazz shot a decent %. Even Korver missed 2-3 of them.

Jazz can’t shoot for shit. If they could shoot even close to league average, they’d have had 15 more points.
    Yeah it was amazing how shitty they shot from behind the line. Last time they played the Dubs, Mitchell and Ingles and even Rubio looked like assassins, last night it was just a brickyard all around.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

I will be interested to see Bledsoe against the Celtics.

If I were Bucks, I’d force Kyrie to guard him (he’s so strong), and try to tire out Kyrie and/or get fouls called on him.

When they hold up their fingers for a 3, it looks too close to that white supremacist sign. I think they should switch to the shocker.

Zers. Loving them dismantle Westbrook.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Name:  IMG_9785.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  81.3 KB

Why doesn’t the league fine him for this shit? It’s embarrassing...

Rip City!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

Why doesn’t the league fine him for this shit? It’s embarrassing...
    I really wish they would. They put that rule into place then never use it. From what I've heard it's been over two seasons now since they last fined someone for flopping.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    I really wish they would. They put that rule into place then never use it. From what I've heard it's been over two seasons now since they last fined someone for flopping.
    I don't get it. I mean, look at this, so fucking absurd: https://twitter.com/MustBeCharm/stat...30396575539202

Have a little self respect.

https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/stat...55097123078146

Quick google news search shows that Damian Lillard, Patrick Beverley, DeMarcus Cousins, and Joel Embiid got warnings this season but no fines. That might not be a complete list. No idea how Harden hasn't gotten a warning or fine as he has dozens of incidents similar to these.

Edited to make video embed. Couldn't find a good youtube version of the Cousins flop he got warned on though his one against Harden this season is pretty good.
    It sucks to suck.

Guys flopping down after light contact is one thing, but the whole pretending you got elbowed in the throat shit when not even being touched is a whole other level of bullshit. Fuck Harden. Even those of you who hate the Dubs have to ask yourself: do you really want that kind of behavior rewarded?

I hope Westbrook keeps trying for long twos and the three ball. It was entertaining watching the Zers D backing off and giving him the outside shot. Aquaman could do some damage in the paint. Surprising the Sonics don't feed the big guy more often.

Guys flopping down after light contact is one thing, but the whole pretending you got elbowed in the throat shit when not even being touched is a whole other level of bullshit. Fuck Harden. Even those of you who hate the Dubs have to ask yourself: do you really want that kind of behavior rewarded?
    agree. I don't mind flopping when it's exaggerating the effect of contact, but flopping where you are faking contact is a whole other thing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Check this out. This is a clip that people sometimes refer to as proof that Michael Jordan flopped on occasion.

Oh how times have changed.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

when it comes down to it...do you really think it's basketball when players contort themselves and bastardize their stroke to initiate contact and create shooting fouls?

just fucking shoot the best you are able, and, if the D guy hits you, go to the line

fishing for contact should be in the same world as flopping
    and, if you whine to the ref afterwards about the lack of a call on a fishing expedition, maybe you deserve a technical too

Utah dominated the boards that 4th quarter... glad they avoided the sweep.

Word, they need more weapons though. Not same level as Rockets, GS.

I'm with acinpdx, fishing for contact, exaggerating contact, and faking contact are all in the same boat. Watching a guy jump sideways and awkwardly throw the ball in the air is just as ridiculous to me. Yeah Harden is the worst, but I'm not going to be convinced that rooting for the Dubs in a Dubs-Rockets series is some type of moral high ground.
    It sucks to suck.

Me too. Extend Houston's playing time as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    when it comes down to it...do you really think it's basketball when players contort themselves and bastardize their stroke to initiate contact and create shooting fouls?

just fucking shoot the best you are able, and, if the D guy hits you, go to the line

fishing for contact should be in the same world as flopping
    and, if you whine to the ref afterwards about the lack of a call on a fishing expedition, maybe you deserve a technical too
    I totally agree. Harden is the biggest offender, but until they forbid it, everyone will try and take advantage of it. Steph does some lean-ins and leg kicks to try and get calls too.

^^ Yes, everyone does some of that shit, even Jordan did a little, but Harden is out of control and just over the top ridiculous. So many plays where he really isn't even trying to score and just waiting for the whistle (sometimes to comical effect when no whistle comes, which we saw a few times in last night's game). The league needs to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    I'm with acinpdx, fishing for contact, exaggerating contact, and faking contact are all in the same boat. Watching a guy jump sideways and awkwardly throw the ball in the air is just as ridiculous to me. Yeah Harden is the worst, but I'm not going to be convinced that rooting for the Dubs in a Dubs-Rockets series is some type of moral high ground.
    If the Dubs are going to lose to someone, I'd much rather it be Milwaukee (or Toronto or Boston) than Houston. It's hard not to like Giannis.