Page 90 of 111 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Surely he can come out in a wheel chair to inspire the team. Maybe stand and wave to the fans. Can you imagine.!?

Nah, he’d just get criticized.
    Be a real man like Paul Pierce, get taken off in a wheelchair and come back and play that same game.

This thread is starting to compete with the Bobby Stainless Used Car Thread for the most embarrassing / biggest dumpster fire thread.

I always wondered why injured hockey players were treated like a Pariah- made to sit in the press box if allowed at the rink at all- now it all makes sense. Who cares, he’s injured you play with the team that’s dressed- everything else is a distraction at best an excuse at worst

Get a job loser. lol..

could we still pm? i wouldn't be around as much.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    of course it was reasonable for him not to do so. it was not his only choice.
    #irony

I just think this is so out of character, I’d expect this more from someone who was a big pull yourself up from the bootstraps, damn those kneeling NFL players, etc. guy.

why do people keep talking about real men?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    #irony

I just think this is so out of character, I’d expect this more from someone who was a big pull yourself up from the bootstraps, damn those kneeling NFL players, etc. guy.
    i suppose it's ironic if you put words in my mouth

Thermal pack is a leg brace?
    I've seen broken ankles stabilized w less support. . And I love that Loomey is sitting next to Iggy with his broken and fucked up body.

Id love to hear Larry Birds opinion on KDs excruciating pain . Different times for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I've seen broken ankles stabilized w less support. . And I love that Loomey is sitting next to Iggy with his broken and fucked up body.

Id love to hear Larry Birds opinion on KDs excruciating pain . Different times for sure.
    Who is Loomey?

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Who is Loomey?
    Apparently my phones favorite warriors player

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Apparently my phones favorite warriors player
    You should try typing his first name.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    The NBA (and ESPN by extension) are off-court drama dealers.

The free agency storylines are compelling. But the TMZ-style coverage of the rest of it, all year long, is nauseating.
    Bill Simmons was talking about this the other day with Chuck Klosterman(I think) about how everything surrounding the game has gotten so much bigger than the game itself.
    I mean, we have umpteen different news outlets trying to stay relevant, and there is only so much box score stuff. I get it. I guess we as a whole need more to talk about so wondering where KD is going to go next year somehow starts to be more important than what is happening now. So at least he left the building and tore his achilles so that we have stuff to fret over.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I mean, we have umpteen different news outlets trying to stay relevant, and there is only so much box score stuff. I get it. .
    The NBA is in on it too. David Stern once said something along the lines of many fans don't actually watch the games, and that's ok. His reasoning, or marketing, or whatever, is the stars and the drama along with game itself is all part of the modern NBA product.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The NBA is in on it too. David Stern once said something along the lines of many fans don't actually watch the games, and that's ok. His reasoning, or marketing, or whatever, is the stars and the drama along with game itself is all part of the modern NBA product.
    It's a strange new world. That extra curricular stuff tends to turn me off from the game if anything.

Hoops. Here’s video of Curry doing shit most superstars wouldn’t even consider:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gol...-green-cyclone

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Hoops. Here’s video of Curry doing shit most superstars wouldn’t even consider:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gol...-green-cyclone
    Apricot’s the best of all their analyst/writers.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Apricot’s the best of all their analyst/writers.
    Yeah, here’s another one from Apricot - some great basketball:

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...-finals-game-5

Dubs -3 and over/under is 211.5 tonight. If Dubs cover (or even just win) it will need to be the under...

All of the NBA off court chatter and intense interest in players / free agents, etc. has contributed significantly to the league's massive growth over the last decade or so. There was definitely a lull in the post Kobe/Shaq Lakers era and at one point in 2007 or so there were like 8 franchise for sale, whereas now you can't buy any team except maybe New Orleans without some kind of Godfather offer... and even such an offer would likely be rejected. Basically, the NBA now gets covered like the NFL, except there are less players so it can seem even more intense.

Interesting, in terms of efficiency (true shooting percentage with a base-line of volume to qualify), both Leonard and Curry are having all-time Finals performances so far in this series. This post only mentions Curry but pretty sure Leonard qualifies if you set the threshold at > 29 PPG instead of 30 since he's just barely shy of that mark. https://twitter.com/fromal09/status/1138600136165060608

Props to MJ for making that list in a far less efficient era when it was more difficult to score and the pace was slower.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Literally *anything* about the Warriors in any capacity will be criticized. Kind of expect it at this point. They'll do something for charity and people will find some negative angle to take. It's fairly comical.
    ^^ What fans were saying KD faked his injury? I didn't hear or read that even once. Huh?

You'd better find a safe place to be in case they lose. See: Vancouver 2011.
    ^^ well, the whole widespread cheering of a devastating injury makes me think otherwise.
    Jesus christ are you this scared and sensitive in real life or just on teh interwebz?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Dubs -3 and over/under is 211.5 tonight. If Dubs cover (or even just win) it will need to be the under...
    I don't see them losing the last game in Oracle
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't see them losing the last game in Oracle
    Agreed. I think GSW will run over the raps and send it to game 7.

Game 6 Klay has this one covered.

Game 7 in Toronto is going to be a blast.

I agree that the likely outcome is game 7.

That said, Kawhi is one of those rare players that could simply be so good that the Raps win. (Steph is also such a player, and on rare occasions Klay can be too, so it should be interesting)
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    association is prepared for game 7 superhype
    The refs have been briefed. Operation game 7 is in effect.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    The refs have been briefed. Operation game 7 is in effect.
    Except Marc Davis fucking sucks; known Warrior nemesis:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/wa...-finals-game-6

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/post...s-01dd8tz68ef0

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun...-6-tonight/amp