Page 85 of 111 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2771
    that has to be a 1 year rehab...talk about altering/possibly ending his career. vibes dude.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Maybe. But I remember Bird lying on the floor so he could still play w a bad back. Achilles or calf vs that kinda pain? Or even Looneys rib? Fuck that, pussy move in comparison the more I think about it.
    Look, I'm no KD fan boy but the dude had a torn Achilles. Are you pretty versed in the pain levels of torn, major ligaments? Ridiculous.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

also amazing that the warriors were able to pull it off with that unbelievably stupid backcourt violation and boogie's moving screen. nurse calling a timeout on his own team was pretty mindboggling. at that moment, i said, warriors will have to call timeout at the next opportunity, and then toronto does it for them.

KD put himself out there and suffered a tragic injury. And the haters come out. (Again)

The best basketball team in decades just ended due to injury. And the haters come out.

The haters probably cheered when Notre Dame was burning, too. We know who they are. Fuck them.

You can tell a lot by how a guy’s teammates react - watch these:

Steph interview - go to 2:40: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvpEeXYB_tU

Klay interview - continues the theme and then go to 6:10: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wW1HbtdMPU

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

The best basketball team in decades just ended due to injury.
    Jesus, drama much?

Anyway, I'm I the only Monday morning QB who thinks Kyle should have immediately dished inside to Gasol (who was pretty much in the paint) instead of trying a low percentage hail mary 3pt?
    That's what I would have done.

Hey. so glad you joined the thread 8 months after the season started and on the verge of the Finals.

Name a better team in the last 20 years. Name a more entertaining style of hoops in the last 20 years.

Dubs won 2 games without him. We’ll see what happens next.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8411.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	930.7 KB 
ID:	285401

you're right the Raptor sure are entertaining.

KD put himself out there and suffered a tragic injury. And the haters come out. (Again)

The best basketball team in decades just ended due to injury. And the haters come out.
    Some of those people are toxic Warriors fans who believed KD was being overly dramatic, sitting out to remind fans that they need him, and not seriously injured.

The Warriors wanted him to play. KD wanted to play. He wanted to help his teammates. It's the finals, after all. But the team, the people who actually knew the extent of KD's injury, made the reckless decision to clear him.

^^ How do you even know that? Were you in the room? Reviewing MRI scans? lol... come on.

Maybe. But I remember Bird lying on the floor so he could still play w a bad back. Achilles or calf vs that kinda pain? Or even Looneys rib? Fuck that, pussy move in comparison the more I think about it.
    Dude, an achilles tear is a brutal. You're being way harsh here. It's pretty standard in that kind of situation - on the road especially - to leave the building. I've had an achilles injury - not a complete tear just a "strain" and it fucking hurts like hell.

It's also extremely difficult for a long lengthy guy in a walking boot to sit on those tiny bench chairs without stick his leg out. Those guys are awkward enough in those chairs when healthy - like parents trying to sit at kids' desks during back to school night.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ How do you even know that? Were you in the room? Reviewing MRI scans? lol... come on.
    Either way, when Kerr said "the doctors told us he couldn't get more hurt by coming back" the team doctors were wrong.

And GS misrepresented, to the public at least, Durant's original injury as a calf strain rather than an Achilles injury.

Not to put too fine a point on it, "an achilles tear is a brutal."

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

And GS misrepresented, to the public at least, Durant's original injury as a calf strain rather than an Achilles injury.
    Not sure they ever called it a strain. They said calf injury. You need to keep opponents guessing.

The vid of KD walking with crutches doesn't look like full tear. Hoping it's just aggravation of existing injury. Either way it was probably going to be surgical repair.

Either way, when Kerr said "the doctors told us he couldn't get more hurt by coming back" the team doctors were wrong.

Not to put too fine a point on it, "an achilles tear is a brutal."
    or maybe, just maybe, he had a calf injury before and had an achilles injury last night? and the doctors weren't wrong because he didn't re-injure himself, it was a new injury?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

He left the arena accompanied by the freaking GM. If leaving was a bitch move, I doubt the GM would have accompanied him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Boogie making sure people know how he feels.

https://twitter.com/MickstapeShow/st...09085886124037

The best basketball team in decades just ended due to injury.
    I say again, this is nothing but drama, they've done OK without KD and may continue to do OK without him. GS is a helluva team.
    And, Curry is a wunderkind.

Hey. so glad you joined the thread 8 months after the season started and on the verge of the Finals.
    Wow, got me there. And, um so what?

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    kawhi shoulda channeled his inner Kobe and taken the shot
    Yeah bobby, in hindsight perhaps. I still think the inside dish to Gasol would have had a better chance, if only to draw a foul and get the big guy to the line.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

I think it's hilarious for arm chair experts to judge the ability or willingness of an injured professional athlete to play.

^^ This.

And you know this how???? Stop being a clown.

Lowry couldn't dish inside to Gasol because he was occupied tackling Draymond. If that shot goes in, the big story is the non call there. Amazing that Green still got a hand on the shot.

BTW - I don't want to hear any nonsense about just a few fans cheering KD's injury. This is out at Jurrasic Park: https://streamable.com/yj8a6 - tape don't lie.

It's hard to believe people think having an injured player sitting on the bench provides extra motivation for professional athletes or any athlete for that matter. It's probably more a distraction than motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Not sure they ever called it a strain. They said calf injury. You need to keep opponents guessing.
    The vid of KD walking with crutches doesn't look like full tear. Hoping it's just aggravation of existing injury. Either way it was probably going to be surgical repair.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    And you know this how???? Stop being a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I think it's hilarious for arm chair experts to judge the ability or willingness of an injured professional athlete to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    or maybe, just maybe, he had a calf injury before and had an achilles injury last night? and the doctors weren't wrong because he didn't re-injure himself, it was a new injury?
    Back in May, Kevin Durant himself confirmed that his calf injury was worse than his previous two calf injuries. We saw repeatedly how the ice packs KD wore extended the length of KD's lower leg covering his Achilles, not just the calf.

The team knew Durant was not anywhere close to 100%. The team knew Durant was in pain when pushing off on his right foot. Yet the team did not enact a minutes restriction, or any restrictions.

Regardless, it's not a question of arm chair expertise. It's not a question of "knowing." It's a statement of fact that Golden State’s training staff made the wrong call.

Pending the MRI, Warriors reportedly presuppose KD has a torn Achilles.

was thinking that was a long time for a calf injury, to be off that long almost has to be the Achilles.

gotta give props to kd for trying. he may have just lost a year and maybe even limit his career. was not a kd fan, but you gotta respect coming out to play on that kind of injury.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    that has to be a 1 year rehab...talk about altering/possibly ending his career. vibes dude.
    exactly. He was on the court for 12 minutes and now he may not play again

he was looking at a new deal of around $130M

people that talk shit about KD suck

It's hard to believe people think having an injured player sitting on the bench provides extra motivation for professional athletes or any athlete for that matter. It's probably more a distraction than motivation.

A career-season ended too quickly.

But Nurkic was determined to not let his team’s season end prematurely too.

No, it was not do-or-die for the Blazers on Tuesday night as Portland held a 3-1 lead in the series over the Thunder, but for Nurk he was eager for his teammates to take care of business at home.

That’s why the big fella drove himself to Moda Center during the third quarter to show up for his team when they needed him the most.

“It meant a lot. I had seen him earlier today; he was at the practice facility. He was getting a lift in and some rehab. I was like, 'when you gonna come to a game?’ He was like, ‘I’m not ready yet,’ so, when I looked and saw him I was like, man it must’ve looked bad on TV for him to leave his house in the middle of third quarter and drive all the way out here,” CJ McCollum joked postgame.

With 3:28 remaining in the game, Nurkic made an appearance on the Trail Blazers bench.

Damian Lillard had been having a phenomenal game, with a franchise record 32 points in the first half, yet the Blazers trailed 113-105 when the Bosnian Beast showed up.

The jumbotron was quick to show Nurk’s presence on the bench.

Moda Center erupted.

“I was in pain watching the game,” Nurkic joked with Kevin Calabro and Lamar Hurd on the NBC Sports broadcast after the game. “By the end of the third quarter, I was like f*** it, excuse my French, I’m gonna go out there and show up and I knew if I showed up, we were going to win this game. I had zero doubt.”

Nurkic was right.

“Obviously I love this crowd and this city… I knew if I showed up, I was gonna make a difference,” Nurkic continued.

But the question on the Blazers’ minds was -- how did Nurk’s stats finish up?

“I would love to see what his plus/minus was tonight,” Lillard said with a smile.

Blazers head coach Terry Stotts also wanted to figure out what Nurkic’s plus/minus was for the final three minutes of play.

“We were down eight… So, plus 11… So, his plus/minus was really good. Honestly, you guys know it, you felt it in the building when they showed him on the big screen and the fact that he showed up, no one knew he was going to show up, honestly I think we fed off of that. I think there was a little good karma when he did show up,” Stotts said.

Enes Kanter, who played through a separated shoulder, summed up Nurk being on the bench by simply saying, “he’s our inspiration.”

Nurkic had said during the regular season after the Blazers were swept by OKC, that he wished he would get to see the Thunder in the playoffs.

Tuesday night he got his wish in person and the Blazers knew they had to win this game for him, and for themselves, to not extend the series.

“When I seen him, I was like we really got to come together and get this done so we don’t have to go back to Oklahoma,” McCollum said.

“I think they put a camera on him and the crowd went crazy. I heard it. So, he gave us a nice punch,” Lillard said.

The Bosnian Beast brought just enough “punch” to help his team get over the hump.

Lillard brought the knockout with his game winning three-pointer.

Media bullshit for clueless fans like yourself which is where the KD "controversy" started. Player would get roasted for saying he didn't feel or need the extra motivation. I guess the Blazers needed a few more injured players to motivate them against the Warriors.

Holy shit, the armchair doctoring in this thread is fucking ridiculous. If you've ever had a lower calf strain, then you know that the entire back of your leg hurts including right down to just above your achilles. They're connected after all.

I think it's obvious that this injury was the result of him not making full use of his calf muscle as an instinctive reflex when stepping down and then his achilles gave way as it had more pressure applied to it. Injuring some other part of your body while compensating for another injury is *extremely* common.