Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2771
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/w...-kevin-durant/

CAREER PLAYOFF AVERAGES POINTS ASSISTS REBOUNDS FG% 3P%
    Stephen Curry 25.9 6.3 5.3 45% 41%
    Kobe Bryant 25.6 4.7 5.1 44% 33%

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Curry has a top 10 PER rating of all time in the post season.

He had a bad game 3. The idea that he was “bad” in the first two games is dumb. That article is garbage and the author appears to have very little understanding of how the Warrior’s system works.

One game, such a fucking hot take.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Even when he does beat switches or get to the rim, he is not finishing the same in these playoffs. In Game 3, Curry missed seven shots in the restricted area, the most for a single player in a single playoff game in the last 20 years, per ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Curry has a top 10 PER rating of all time in the post season.

He had a bad game 3. The idea that he was “bad” in the first two games is dumb. That article is garbage and the author appears to have very little understanding of how the Warrior’s system works.

One game, such a fucking hot take.

i like it cuz kobe sux

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i like it cuz kobe sux
    We will always agree on at least one thing
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

i thought we agreed on lots of things!!

The idea that he was “bad” in the first two games is dumb.
    I get that you're defending your team but those first two games he combined for 38 pts on on 51 shots while shooting 26% from 3 along with 9 ast to 6 TO. Considering that he isn't much of a defensive presence I'm not sure how you define that as anything but "bad".

Now that Kawhi is getting help, do the Raptors close this out?
    It sucks to suck.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Why did Embiid only have 7 shots when Harris went 7/23? (Didn’t watch; was playing golf w my kid)

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Why did Embiid only have 7 shots when Harris went 7/23? (Didn’t watch; was playing golf w my kid)
    Disclaimer: I had the whole game on but have a nasty head cold and have been taking dayquil all day and didn't pay a ton of attention except the last 5 minutes.

My impression was that he simply wasn't aggressive at all. He had a couple of strong plays early and a couple nice blocks later in the game, but he honestly just faded into the background on both sides of the court today. I was surprised at the box score saying he played 35 minutes because I barely remember him out there.
    It sucks to suck.

Curry has 16 in the 1st half

Seth Curry...

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Disclaimer: I had the whole game on but have a nasty head cold and have been taking dayquil all day and didn't pay a ton of attention except the last 5 minutes.

My impression was that he simply wasn't aggressive at all. He had a couple of strong plays early and a couple nice blocks later in the game, but he honestly just faded into the background on both sides of the court today. I was surprised at the box score saying he played 35 minutes because I barely remember him out there.
    sick as a dog...IV early this morning and before game...im more pissed at b simmons - needs to grow a set and be aggressive to the hoop. kawhi a machine, he had help today too...for how bad the sixers played they still had a chance.

Nugs

i wonder why jokic is limping

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    I get that you're defending your team but those first two games he combined for 38 pts on on 51 shots while shooting 26% from 3 along with 9 ast to 6 TO. Considering that he isn't much of a defensive presence I'm not sure how you define that as anything but "bad".

Now that Kawhi is getting help, do the Raptors close this out?
    I would agree with you if those numbers weren’t complete bullshit. Did you literally pull them out of your ass? Box scores exist.

Game 1: 18 points on 12 attempts.
    Game 2: 20 points on 16 attempts.

Let me help you, that’s 38 points on 28 attempts, not 51. But you were really close. Lol...

That may have been the worst post of all time in this thread.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Nugs
    Bastards. Good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Bastards. Good game.
    That was a good game. Lots of clutch shooting by both teams at the end.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I would agree with you if those numbers weren’t complete bullshit. Did you literally pull them out of your ass? Box scores exist.

Let me help you, that’s 38 points on 28 attempts, not 51. But you were really close. Lol...

Curry has 55 points on 51 FGA over 3 games and he’s underperforming. Needs to be better.

Part of it is that the offense has been flowing through Durant. Look for Dubs to get Curry involved early and Rox to counter with traps to try to keep him down. More Curry/Durant PnR with someone attempting to screen Tucker off Durant first.

Klay is 19/47 FGA over 3 games. He needs to be better.

Spread is HOU -2 and 220 over/under. I’ll take Dubs +2 and the over and look for at least one of the Splash Bros to heat up.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Curry has 55 points on 51 FGA over 3 games and he’s underperforming. Needs to be better.

Part of it is that the offense has been flowing through Durant. Look for Dubs to get Curry involved early and Rox to counter with traps to try to keep him down. More Curry/Durant PnR with someone attempting to screen Tucker off Durant first.

Klay is 19/47 FGA over 3 games. He needs to be better.

Spread is HOU -2 and 220 over/under. I’ll take Dubs +2 and the over and look for at least one of the Splash Bros to heat up.
    I'll take the Ws on that one too...they almost won the last game and really probably played better than the Rockets, but the Rox were able to drain more threes and that was the difference. I think this will series ends in five games. The Nugs and Zers beat each other up in a 7 game series seems likely with the Zers losing yesterday.

BTW, can the Zers block the fuck out?!?! how many offensive rebounds can they allow the Nuggs...fucking shit! Jokers armbar into Collins back constantly on that end isn't helping...dude should be called every time for that bush league shit. Joker is one dirty ass player.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

^^ Yes, Curry had a *horrible* game 3 (and even considering that, he still has a higher than 1:1 points vs. attempts ratio in the series). But he wasn't "bad" in the first two games, just average / okay. He setup KD and others quite a bit, in particular if you look at hockey assists. He hit the daggar to finish off game 1. He also dislocated his finger in game 2. I mean, I think we're kind of being picky here.

My friend who is an ER doc said a dislocated finger like that takes a minimum of 6-8 weeks before any chance of it feeling normal again, FWIW. He's going to have to stop using his left hand on layups, hence so many of those close misses last game.

Blazers Nuggets is going to go to game 7, right? Sure feels like it. Maybe Toronto and Philly too.

^^ Yes, Curry had a *horrible* game 3. But he wasn't "bad" in the first two games, just average / okay. He setup KD and others quite a bit, in particular if you look at hockey assists. He hit the daggar to finish off game 1. He also dislocated his finger in game 2. I mean, I think we're kind of being picky here.
    Agreed. 19/47 for Clay with a lot of those FGAs from 3 pt range, so not a terrible shooting % IMV. Next round, if the Dubs get the Nuggs, it'll be interesting to see how much of Joker's antics he gets away with when he's arm baring Green in the back, or Iggy, or whoever on the Dubs. Refs might look the other way when it's Zach Collins or Kanter, but I don't think they'll let him do that to the Dubs.

If Lillard & McCollum can be “on” in the same game...it would be deadly

But that’s just wishing...

Quote back to my drugged up/head cold post. My nyquil-addled mind mistakenly added his 3pt attempts to his total attempts. That's how I came up with that. Yes, completely wrong.

Still, Curry is shooting 36% from the field and 25% from 3 this series. For a 2x mvp and a guy that many call the greatest shooter of all time, he is playing just plain bad. If KD or Lebron had started a playoff series like this, it would the top story on every media outlet. Only reason it isn't is because Curry always gets a pass from the media, and because they're still winning thanks to KD carrying him in this series.
    It sucks to suck.

^^ Again, no. Curry played very poorly in game 3 - no argument there. In the first two games, his points to attempts ratio was 1.35 to 1. Russell Westbrook's MVP season was 1.31 to 1, for reference, meaning it was less efficient (we can give RW a slight pass due to usage rate and volume of course, but my point is the efficiency rate is still very similar). I'm not saying Curry was great in those first two games, but especially considering he was banged up (ankle + finger), to say he was bad is just false. He did a good job of executing the Warrior's system, drawing coverages, creating space and deferring to the hot hand (KD). He did not do that in game 3.

Dubs fans, are the Nuggs very effective at shutting down Curry like they are with Dame? Lillard doesn't look right, and I'm hoping that's just great defense by the Nuggs. Sure, Curry is better, but Dame is no slouch, so just curious if they're good at guarding Curry as well. Admittedly I haven't watched any Dubs vs. Nuggs games.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Dubs fans, are the Nuggs very effective at shutting down Curry like they are with Dame? Lillard doesn't look right, and I'm hoping that's just great defense by the Nuggs. Sure, Curry is better, but Dame is no slouch, so just curious if they're good at guarding Curry as well. Admittedly I haven't watched any Dubs vs. Nuggs games.
    The strategy against Portland the last few years has always been to double team / trap Dame and force someone else on that team to beat you. McCollum is a great shooter but can't create his own offense the same way. That's what New Orleans did last year in the first round and it worked. It would be interesting (and likely less effective) if Portland still had Nurkic.

As for the Warriors, a lot of teams try to trap Curry and double him up the exact same way, but then he just passes it to KD, who can definitely create his own offense. And then of course if you anticipate that, there's always Klay. They also have a more fluid system than PDX, mind you, so that's part of it. Because Denver actually had the one seed ahead of them early in the season, the last three times they played the Warriors got up for the game and stomped them - the first time without Boogie, the second two with him.