Page 73 of 111 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Why was it that the league blocked Chris Paul's trade to the Lakers, but not Durant's trade to the Warriors?
    NBA determined that deal would have exceeded the super max douche index for one team, by combining CP3 and LeBron. At the time of the KD trade Steph's mouthguard shimmy was much less frequent. That KD trade probably doesn't go through in 2019, as it'd exceed the max douche level (I'll have to check the numbers though; Klay Thompson is pretty cool, he may be a douche footprint offeset).

KD was a free agent and not traded, no?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You and your facts. Also, there's actually not a super max douche index in the NBA.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Correct.

The Paul trade was blocked by the NBA because at that time they were in control of the Pelicans. Everyone overlooks this now, but they ultimately got a better deal than the Lakers were offering, which was the right thing to do while preparing that franchise for sale. It should have been handled behind closed doors.

They don’t have the power to block any free agent signing, or any other trades.

Btw - how come no one ever gives MJ’s Bulls shit for signing all star and defensive force Dennis Rodman? He was well established before coming to Chicago.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

But rodman wasn't KD. Also Boogie. I think if two players like Karl Malone and Kevin Johnson had gone to the bulls, there would have been a few people who would have said 'overly stacked/unfair talent disparity'.

Your team is good at acquiring. Apparently so are the raptors.

Fair enough, although Rodman was a better acquisition than an injured Boogie.

Watching game 2, I was thinking, “Whoah, these ucks are good! Maybe the iors should fear the deer!”

What the hell happened?

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    If someone were to punch Drake in the face I would be the first to cheer.
    Who the fuck does he think he is ? Spike Lee ?
    Spike and Jack are just sometimes vocal/recognizable ticket holders. Drake’s another beast that makes those guys look small time. I bet the NBA would kill to have someone like him on the floor for every team.

Uh ^^^ wut? Lmao

Well, Spike learned the hard way to tone it down from the first row. The Reggie Miller game (NY Post: Thanks Spike!) - still one of my favorite sports moments ever.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

They’re “small time” in terms of their NBA involvement compared to Drake.

https://www.nba.com/raptors/news/dra...nues-to-expand

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...ptors.amp.html

Unless Jack/Spike did this stuff too? I thought all Spike was good for was yelling at Reggie. Which I totally agree with TahoeJ - I loved that moment.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Well, Jack would take a piece of the Lakers if he could... but they’re not for sale, because they’re the Lakers, not some new franchise in Canada. Same deal with Spike and the Knicks.

I’m expecting someone on the Warriors to show up Drake this series at some point.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

I don’t think Drake has an ownership %. The Raps were just smart enough to partner with him in a bunch of other ways. And hey, maybe 20-35 years ago the Lakers/Knicks could have done similar with Jack/Spike and it would have mattered. Or not. It was such a different era.

Also I’m 100% here for the upcoming Draymond/Drake beef.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 05-26-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Well, Jack would take a piece of the Lakers if he could... but they’re not for sale, because they’re the Lakers, not some new franchise in Canada. Same deal with Spike and the Knicks.

I’m expecting someone on the Warriors to show up Drake this series at some point.
    25 year old team...

Sir Charles “I’d knock the hell outta Drake!”

Video here

https://twitter.com/nbaontnt/status/...805569536?s=21

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    I don’t think Drake has an ownership %. The Raps were just smart enough to partner with him in a bunch of other ways. And hey, maybe 20-35 years ago the Lakers/Knicks could have done similar with Jack/Spike and it would have mattered. Or not. It was such a different era.

Also I’m 100% here for the upcoming Draymond/Drake beef.
    You’re right, I was confusing that with Jay Z when he owned shares of the Nets.

Funny how every rapper wants to be a basketball player and every NBA guy wants to be a rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    25 year old team...
    I hate both the Lakers and Knicks but Toronto isn’t anywhere close to the same status. Just how it is. That’s what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You’re right, I was confusing that with Jay Z when he owned shares of the Nets.

Funny how every rapper wants to be a basketball player and every NBA guy wants to be a rapper.
    Funny how every warriors fan I meet is some old dude who confuses Drake and Jay Z. I wonder what the fan demographic will look like when they more to the new arena next year...similar to Levi's stadium?

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Funny how every warriors fan I meet is some old dude who confuses Drake and Jay Z. I wonder what the fan demographic will look like when they more to the new arena next year...similar to Levi's stadium?
    I’m an ancient 39 - a lot younger than Jay Z - and I don’t have them confused at all, just which one had an ownership stake (had being the operative word, I forgot Jay Z had to sell his share of the Nets when he started Roc Nation).

The demo of the crowd at the new arena will be pretty much identical - it already changed over the last few years with crazy ticket prices. It’s not like the Chase Center is all that far from Oracle, just a quick hop across the bridge.

Damn, TahoeJ, I had you pegged for 50+ based on your "millenial" digs and other posts.

I'm loving the whole Drake thing, he seems to have helped ignite an energy in the Toronto fans. Now they've even got Kerr making incredibly corny jokes about it. I think this Raptors team has the talent to run with W's when they play their best, but their terrible inconsistency will have them lose this series in 5-6.

If you take away the Warriors, is the West actually any better than the East? I don't think so.

Also, didn't have Iors-Tors at the beginning of the season but did predict this finals at the start of the playoffs.
    It sucks to suck.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Ha. 1979 - so I can rag on the Millenials freely. ;-). Although in truth that was always tongue in cheek, except in NBA terms some of those old school coaches wouldn’t be as effective with this generation (not always a bad thing).

From Zarko Cabarkapa to Jonas Jerebko, its a team. I'm more worried about Iguoadala than anybody. Born in 65, grew up in the Richmond District, shopped at Phil Smith's shoe store as a kid. This is all fleeting, but what a great run. Better without KD. Only needed for Lebron's Cavs. Better watching without him.

Also if Harrison Barnes could have made a bucket, and Draymond didnt dick kick people, Warriors would really be looking at 5 straight.

Run TMC! And Spree with the choke-out!
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Robert Parash for the rights to Joe Barry Carrol! Purvis Short under appreciated scorer. Mean Larry Smith. Billy Owens? Great at Louisville, but not an NBA impact player. Chis Webber?! Actually great- and sad to watch when he went to Sacramento. So yeah, no fucks given!

A sad fact forgotten is that attendance at the Coliseum has always been great, good times or bad.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Warriors have won three titles in four Finals trips, but face their first road disadvantage.

Jerebko. Another Celtic that belongs in Boston... Ya, I know. Any Pistons fans out there? Jazz?

Quote Originally Posted by m1b464 View Post
    Warriors have won three titles in four Finals trips, but face their first road disadvantage.
    Meh. https://www.nba.com/article/2019/05/29/road-warriors