Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Harden is so fucking shitty to watch
    This X 100.

I’m sick of GS but can’t seem to bring myself to pull for the Rockets.

For all the bitching about Harden the refs looked the other way today as Klay repeatedly stepped into his shot and Draymond tackled him. He was clearly fouled on at least four three point attempts, with a couple of those arguably technical.

KD is otherworldly, best player in the NBA.

Also, too, the Celtics looked good today. Defensively they played Giannis perfectly.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

The shooter is allowed to go up and down (or back) but if he moves forward that’s mutual territory between him and the defender (in other words: tough shit). Good no calls (mostly). Plenty of bad calls both ways but for the most part they let them play. Gordon was impressive and really kept Houston in it. Warriors can’t keep turning the ball over this much.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 04-28-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Harden jumped forward substantially on several attempts, but not all. Just because a person hates Harden doesn’t change the rule book. The rules changed, due to a pattern of defensive players moving forward, in order to protect shooters. Agreed there were plenty of bad calls but the distinction is between dirty play versus advantage play.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

^^ Umm... what? That was referring to an incident when a guy hit Curry in the ankle from behind with his hand. What in the fuck are you talking about? Edit: I see you removed the quote I was responding to.

Btw - never once defended the play where Kawhi got hurt. That sucked.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

This happens with Harden in the playoffs every year btw. Spends the whole season flailing and flopping, then the playoffs come around and the refs want to let them play... and he does so much of that they sometimes don’t call actual fouls because he does it every other time down the court. Live by the flop, die by the flop. Series is *far* from over, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Edit: I see you removed the quote I was responding to.
    Removed before I saw your response because the Kawhi example better makes the point. The point being, dirty play in the larger sense.

If anyone cares here's the quote:

Exactly... fucking guy should be suspended and then the league said it shouldn't have even been a foul due to hot stove contact, whatever the fuck that means. Curry has had well documented ankle issues so no shit he was angry / fired up at the end of that game. Oh, but he taunted the refs!! Gee, can't imagine why. I've never seen a 2 time MVP get so little respect. If it was LeBron they'd take the guy out back and shoot him.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    As someone who followed them closely all year, I don't think they were intentionally coasting. But it does seem like the big stage gets them dialed in more. Plus Big Al plays every game, and 5 more minutes per game. That cannot be overstated. And no doubt Hayward is improving, and the stats show that how he plays has a lot to do with team success.
    Agree with all of it. Especially BIg Al. He played Giannis well similar to his play vs Embiid. Not only is Hayward good and still improving, but he fits the system so well.

Curious to see how Smart returning (game 3???) impacts rotations. But it’s a very good defensive group when they get locked in.
    Decisions Decisions

The C's are playing D just like they did in the playoffs last season. I thought they had no chance before the playoffs started. I was wrong. To some degree they clearly were coasting during the regular season, at least on defense.

Anyone still think the Bledsoe - Kyrie matchup might favor the Bucks? Sheesh.

This happens with Harden in the playoffs every year btw. Spends the whole season flailing and flopping, then the playoffs come around and the refs want to let them play... and he does so much of that they sometimes don’t call actual fouls because he does it every other time down the court. Live by the flop, die by the flop. Series is *far* from over, of course.
    While I hate the flopping and exaggerating, this shouldn’t matter. These were blatant fouls through the course of the game and each time they don’t get called the defense will know they can keep doing it. As much as Harden flops/exaggerates, he does draw an absurd amount of legitimate fouls since he’s basically impossible to guard, and he also doesn’t get calls all the time when he should because of his reputation. It’s sorta fair and not fair at the same time, but regardless it’s all pretty annoying to me as a viewer since the refs are taking over the games.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

Anyone still think the Bledsoe - Kyrie matchup might favor the Bucks? Sheesh.
    Was that the Stephen A. hot take? The only point guard matchup that favors any other team is Steph Curry.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Dubs got away with a number of fouls today and got lucky that way. But it seemed like they could hit the gas on the Rox when necessary.

Too many whistles these days

Was impressed by Celtics’ D today

WRT Bledsoe, there’s difference between saying it will be interesting to watch how he does vs. saying he’s better than Kyrie.

Celtics shot 54% FG and 42% from 3. Don’t think they’re gonna have Curry-esque shooting numbers the rest of series, so we’ll see what happens when they regress a bit and Bucks can run more.

Harden should try out for Juventus. I wish I could watch the old Pistons take him to the woodshed late 80's style.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Harden should try out for Juventus. I wish I could watch the old Pistons take him to the woodshed late 80's style.
    One version of Harden’s play => begging for a call

https://mobile.twitter.com/SLAMonlin...draymond-green

But, there were 3-4 other plays when Dubs fouled 3-point shooters. Hard to tell live because they are smart about drawing fouls.

Still, whether one agrees with calls, so many FTs is not good.

^ yep, makes for boring ass games... LET EM PLAY!!! That's how you do playoffs, if you want to see a FT contest - do it at All Star Weekend!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Trending on Twitter...

Name:  IMG_9940.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  119.2 KB

think Harden could deal with this?

Name:  30510728266d09f41726393a80517053.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  89.8 KB

C's were super impressive. I haven't given them enough credit this season.

I only got to listen to some of each game while driving but yeah from the replays it looked like that last 3-pointer from Harden was a good no-call since he went so far forward, but I feel like it is something refs usually let players get away with. Also, can we all recognize the irony in this- the unnatural follow-through and then collapse on the court against a closing out defender is probably the most Steph Curry of all moves in the NBA. Sure, Harden is a worse flopper but he's always been more of a head-jerk, tangle the arms on the raise up type guy. Just thought that was kind of funny.

Either way- less fouls, more smooth play definitely equals better basketball.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    C's were super impressive. I haven't given them enough credit this season.
    Well they were complete and utter dogshit at certain points this season. They didn’t deserve your credit.
    Decisions Decisions

NBA 2018/2019 thread

For the record, Curry falls backwards and doesn’t initiate contact flailing forward into the defender (most of the time). He’s said he does this partly out of self preservation since he’s had his ankles stepped under so many times.

Houston needs to shut up and play fucking basketball... which many of us have been saying for three-plus years now. If you’re the one initiating so much contact you can’t expect a whistle every time there’s contact.

If they called every bump and brush, every time someone shooting or driving or just holding the ball was touched by the opponent the game would take days to play four 15 minute quarters. I think it's time to man up and just call "significant" contact and stop with this phantom foul crap. Might also be time to go back to all non free throw baskets counting for 2 points, no more threes.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The shooter is allowed to go up and down (or back) but if he moves forward that’s mutual territory between him and the defender (in other words: tough shit). Good no calls (mostly). Plenty of bad calls both ways but for the most part they let them play. Gordon was impressive and really kept Houston in it. Warriors can’t keep turning the ball over this much.
    I don’t think the defender can advance into the offensive players landing area

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sure, the refs also called plenty of shit like this in Houston’s favor and they went to the line way more:

https://twitter.com/royjonesy/status...245965312?s=21