Page 23 of 111 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Warriors played a back to back on the road - got into PDX at 3am - and it was their 5th game in 8 nights before the all star break. And they needed a BS call leading to an 8 point play to finish it off.

BTW - when a game is 7 points apart with less than 4 minutes remaining, you can't call that a "curb stomp." That's not even close to what that phrase means. lol...
    Sorry, I was looking at that pesky 129 to 107 final score.

Love all the W's fans on twitter getting all worked up about Collins of all people. You guys should be mad at Dame for doing Dame stuff. And "medium hog" KD and Klay calling Collins "trash" from the bench once the game was already blown...Who knew the world champs were so fragile?

Props to Collins for not giving a fuck. You have to give him that.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I think we've all known for a long time that KD is fragile.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Not sure what that means. It was a game I would absolutely expect them to lose. All of what TJ said, plus game before the all-star break. Plus no Boogie, Livingston or Andre. I just thought it was a really bad look to see a 21 year old, average player telling a 3 time champ (and from all accounts a super cool guy) "Fuck you ho". Do something first, kid.
    Let's not pretend like the game wasn't physical and that Klay was Mother Theresa out there--he and Dray were talking a lot of shit, shoving, playing physical---all the stuff that they SHOULD have been doing in a game like that. I really like Klay--he's definitely my favorite W. But the game was fiercely competitive and wasn't being played by either team like it didn't matter because of the all star break, so don't give me that shit. Your boys imploded over a really bad call, Collins went all batshit crazy on it, and the W's got whooped in the very end. That's all.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Props to Collins for not giving a fuck. You have to give him that.
    I did, I said well played. We're always yelling at the screen for Draymond to STFU. I love the guy, but sometimes you have to walk away. Ya know, like waaaay after the call's already been made.
    Too bad no more W's v. Blazers this year unless playoffs, cuz I'd like to see this again.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Collins is the Draymond of the Blazers. Every team needs a “dog.” Most teams would love to have him.

Strange game - lots of offensive rebounds. Lots of variance moments with the offensive rebounds and 3s. Too many FTs overall.

Would love to see Blazers beat Houston in a 4/5 match up. We’ll see.

And Anthony Davis hurts his left shoulder after Pels were coerced to play him. Bad optics there...

Draymond wasn’t talking shit quite like that until he had established himself, FWIW. Collins hasn’t done shit in this league and averages less than 20 mins per game.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Draymond wasn’t talking shit quite like that until he had established himself, FWIW. Collins hasn’t done shit in this league and averages less than 20 mins per game.
    Funny story - Draymond tried and failed to trash talk Duncan and Kobe as a rookie - https://blacksportsonline.com/2018/1...n-as-a-rookie/

Collins isn’t going to just roll over. He tried to stir up some shit and was effective one game against the champs.

Dubs get everyone’s best all the time; the crown weighs heavy sometimes..

Would be fun to see Blazers beat the Rox and play Dubs in playoffs. Hope both teams stay healthy.

Sure as fuck don’t care to see the odious Rox play 5 minutes more this year. Pound the rock and beg for foul calls is no way to go through life...

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Would be fun to see Blazers beat the Rox and play Dubs in playoffs. Hope both teams stay healthy.

Sure as fuck don’t care to see the odious Rox play 5 minutes more this year. Pound the rock and beg for foul calls is no way to go through life...
    Agreed, Portland is at least fun to watch, especially comparing Dame to Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    And Anthony Davis hurts his left shoulder after Pels were coerced to play him. Bad optics there...
    Did you see the coach presser? He literally called the situation a dumpster fire.

Yeah, per 54-46's post, I don't think you get it. It didn't matter what he had accomplished. I actually think his jawing would have been less effective if he WAS somebody--it was the fact that this no-named pretty boy had the balls to run his mouth that got the W's so flustered, not sending that layup into the cheap seats. In the end, he accomplished exactly what he wanted to do. You can talk to any of his teammates or read any article on the kid from when he was drafted--he is very, very smart, if not much of an offensive force.

And yes, I hope we meet in the playoffs. I think we'll win one this time. Maybe two, but probably one, possibly none. It'll be interesting once Woods gets comfortable and Kanter is on board. Could be good, could be two many chefs for a young team.

Fair enough - hey, my panties weren't in a bunch over it like a lot of people - I thought it was funny / stupid / entertaining. It's a long season.

Fair enough - hey, my panties weren't in a bunch over it like a lot of people - I thought it was funny / stupid / entertaining. It's a long season.
    Speaking of entertainment, it's time for the best sports weekend of the year - All Star weekend. Between Saturday and Sunday, plus the rookie game and other little events, it's fun as shit. Enjoy fellas!

AD hurt and hours later Dell Demps fired. Lol... dumpster fire indeed. Gentry is probably trying to get fired and get the hell out of there.

Steph to Giannis on the bounce pass alley oops. Oh my goodness.
    Last edited by beece; 02-17-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Recruiting for after KD leaves? ;-)

The touch he has...unreal.

(didn't find the ncaa basketball thread, but maybe this is pro-level stuff...?)

does anyone find this a bit odd?

Zion Williamson gained 4" & 100lbs over his junior/senior years in high school

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

6-3, 175 ----> 6-7, 285

the height seems somewhat unassailable, but the weight/mass & also...
    "Like, with all that weight just came more athleticism and finding myself able to do new things. People always say you have to grow into your body, but for me, it wasn't even growing into my body—the more weight came, it didn't phase me. It made me faster, stronger. It helped me become a more versatile player."

seems a little too over the top...but maybe i'm off

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Pretty typical to fill out during that age especially if you’re adding that much height. I grew like 5-6 inches / 40-50 pounds during the summer between my Sophomore and Junior year and I wasn’t working out other than just playing sports casually, other than soccer double days at the very end of summer. And that was like 3-4 months. And I was athletic and in decent shape but hardly a physical specimen.

Pretty typical to fill out during that age especially if you’re adding that much height. I grew like 5-6 inches / 40-50 pounds during the summer between my Sophomore and Junior year and I wasn’t working out other than just playing sports casually, other than soccer double days at the very end of summer. And that was like 3-4 months. And I was athletic and in decent shape but hardly a physical specimen.
    Regardless, I think it's a good point. 100lbs is a little unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    (didn't find the ncaa basketball thread, but maybe this is pro-level stuff...?)

does anyone find this a bit odd?

Zion Williamson gained 4" & 100lbs over his junior/senior years in high school

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial

6-3, 175 ----> 6-7, 285

the height seems somewhat unassailable, but the weight/mass & also...
    "Like, with all that weight just came more athleticism and finding myself able to do new things. People always say you have to grow into your body, but for me, it wasn't even growing into my body—the more weight came, it didn't phase me. It made me faster, stronger. It helped me become a more versatile player."

seems a little too over the top...but maybe i'm off
    Larry Johnson 2.0?

Regardless, I think it's a good point. 100lbs is a little unusual.
    Well... like I said, I literally put on 40-50 pounds over a matter of months without even lifting weights, just being active and having a growth spurt. It's not that crazy. Odds are with his height he may have been tall and lanky before that as well so he had extra filling out to do. I have a cousin who is 6' 8" and had some crazy jumps in height and weight during high school. Kevin Durant never really filled out - he's still lanky as hell - but he talks about growing a crazy amount during one year of high school (I think between his Junior and Senior year) and he said he felt like he won the lottery. Not sure how much weight he put on but I'm sure it was still substantial. I bet LeBron had some crazy stretches like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Larry Johnson 2.0?
    Grandmama 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

just did curry's greatest plays rabbit hole. jesus.