Page 63 of 111 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2771
    Teams have prepared for a Warriors with KD for three years. SC is so good that the change is difficult to prepare for but good coaches and teams will adjust and it will become more difficult for KD less Warriors each game. That is the nature of pro sports. Of course KT could step up but he runs so hot and cold that's a lot to ask. I'd say Warriors are stronger with KD back albeit not more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What? Jackson, yes, there are reasons he doesn't have another gig. But JVG was a damn good coach, and to my knowledge would have had another coaching job if he wanted it. He may suck as a commentator (I don't watch the NBA on TV so don't know), but he's pretty widely recognized as a good coach.
    True. Although I think he might be a bit of a Phil Jackson dinosaur if he actually tried it. And he’s so whiny I’m not sure he’d click with these Millenial players.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    It would be amazing to be part of a fan base where we win multiple titles but are concerned about which of our star players gets more credit.....
    No kidding, if you told me five years ago I’d say something like that I’d say there’s no way in hell that’s possible.

But it’s also just about fun and it’s hard to not see the difference when they revert back to their “old” ways. I obviously won’t be upset if KD stays put, however. But the entire league would be more fun / interesting if he leaves, no doubt.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

This Toronto / Milwaukee series is going to be good.

Yeah. This series is going to be epic.
    It sucks to suck.

Fuck. Raptors should have had that game.

Brook Lopez, with 29 points, 11 rebounds, & 4 blocks, is yet another player playing great playoff basketball that the Lakers let go, for nothing. Bucks D was smothering tonight.

Funny, after the game I looked at the team stats for Raps n Bucks and the Bucks’ stats look dominant (Raps’ low FG%, Bucks’ off rebs, FB points, points in Paint, etc)

But, when I was watching it? Game looked up for grabs until Bucks started taking control very late.

I think it looked that way because Kyle Lowry played hero ball, 7-of-9 from 3, while the rest of the team went 0-of-15 in the 4th. It's waaay too early to be having these type of thoughts... but at the time I couldn't help wondering if the Bucks might be capable of doing the same against the Warriors i.e. hold the line even with Steph, Klay, or KD individually going off.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    He did it one time, early in the game. One time. Wasn't a fan of it, either, but let's not get carried away here. You just compared someone who got a DUI to a serial killer. ;-)

KD isn't a chemistry killer at all... the Warriors just have a team oriented system. And it's 100% worth noting that when the shots aren't falling (Harrison Barnes in games 6-7 in 2016), KD bails them out with how good he is.
    LOL, yeah so true!

I dunno, this narrative might be hard on KD the longer he's out, and the longer GSW's look like they're "back" having fun and winning easily...
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    the longer GSW's look like they're "back" having fun and winning easily...
    I'm hoping the Zers/Tra's Bla's were just gassed that first game and not prepared...otherwise they're going to get swept. It sounds like they took the day off after the Den series and then did very little to prepare for Game 1. Maybe that was strategic by Stotts figuring they had little chance to win game 1 after a tough series against the Nugs. The again, it's likely the Zers/Tee's Bee's can't hang with the Dubs.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I'm hoping the Zers/Tra's Bla's were just gassed that first game and not prepared...otherwise they're going to get swept. It sounds like they took the day off after the Den series and then did very little to prepare for Game 1. Maybe that was strategic by Stotts figuring they had little chance to win game 1 after a tough series against the Nugs. The again, it's likely the Zers/Tee's Bee's can't hang with the Dubs.
    4-0 series for sure.

TraBla's tied GSW during the reg season 2-2
    so, i'm hoping for better than a sweep

you know it's bad when espn has a speculative column on "if they TraBla's somehow win, how would they have made it happen?" where each commentator adds the appositive "but it's not gonna happen" to each speculative strategy

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    TraBla's tied GSW during the reg season 2-2
    so, i'm hoping for better than a sweep

you know it's bad when espn has a speculative column on "if they TraBla's somehow win, how would they have made it happen?" where each commentator adds the appositive "but it's not gonna happen" to each speculative strategy
    I was going to screen shot one of the lists by ESPN, or The Athletic, or whatever, with all their columnists and who they picked, (since it was a long list of the W's logos), but it didn't fit on my screen, so I bagged it. I know, I coulda shrunk it, etc., but everybody here knew the predictions anyway.
    Tonight we'll see if they stick with the drop the big into the paint, and let Steph shoot uncontested strategy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I was going to screen shot one of the lists by ESPN, or The Athletic, or whatever, with all their columnists and who they picked, (since it was a long list of the W's logos), but it didn't fit on my screen, so I bagged it. I know, I coulda shrunk it, etc., but everybody here knew the predictions anyway.
    Tonight we'll see if they stick with the drop the big into the paint, and let Steph shoot uncontested strategy.
    Watching game 1, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team pass up as many open shots as the Warriors did. It looked like they were toying with them. It seems like they can get good looks at will. Unfortunately.

So unless they just lose interest and turn off for a game, I just don't see the JailZers pulling one off against playoff Ws.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I read an article in the Athletic that basically said Steph, smart as he is, figured out in about 1 second that the TraBla's were trying to bait him into shooting mid range 2's, so he just told his screeners to set up further out....voila, 3's galore if needed. Although I was suprised when Stotts pointed out that he only made 5 shots off of the pick and roll...of course those were all 3's, but it felt like 50 shots watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Watching game 1, I'm not sure I've ever seen a team pass up as many open shots as the Warriors did. It looked like they were toying with them. It seems like they can get good looks at will. Unfortunately.

So unless they just lose interest and turn off for a game, I just don't see the JailZers pulling one off against playoff Ws.
    Yes, this. Painful. I can't imagine what it's like to be a Dubs fan...to have so many awesome players that they just go out there and basically fuck with other teams to keep it interesting.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Awesome players yes, but I still think Steve Kerr doesn’t get enough credit. He makes fantastic adjustments on both sides of the ball, sometimes they’re just very subtle. His basketball IQ is through the roof.

On that note, I think Budenheizer in Milwaukee is fantastic as well (what he did with that Atlanta team a few years back was impressive, but come playoff time he had no alpha on his roster). Both guys coming from the Popovich tree.

Kerr is definitely the fucking man. Aside from his on-court genius, he has effectively managed and/or suppressed arguably the most potentially ego-loaded team in the history of NBA. They have their drama but they never implode and most importantly, they're always focussed. His leadership is unreal.

That all said, I'm excited to actually get to watch the game tonight instead of tuning in between flights. I'm not optimistic, but it'll be fun to watch.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    That all said, I'm excited to actually get to watch the game tonight instead of tuning in between flights. I'm not optimistic, but it'll be fun to watch.
    I'll be watching from a bar tonight...at least the 2nd half. I'll keep an eye out for you. Is your current look similar to Scorps concert circa 2002 timeframe?

I'll be watching from a bar tonight...at least the 2nd half. I'll keep an eye out for you. Is your current look similar to Scorps concert circa 2002 timeframe?
    I'm not going to be at the game--I'm at home. That plan got scrapped when the Mrs. couldn't make a flight down to SF and I ended up flying back to the 'Ho during Game 1. Glad I didn't go. I probably would have cried, gotten beaten up, then cried again.

Regarding my look, I have a cock duster that would make Tom Selleck blush. I've had it intermittently for years now--it's my way of regulating UV rays.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

the most potentially ego-loaded team in the history of NBA.
    I think that would be the 03-04 Lakers or 98-99 Rockets.

It will be an win for the Blazers, all they have to do is make more baskets! And shoot better than 33%.
    Game 1 was a perfect example of why I think Damian is just a good player, when the outside shot doesn't fall, and no one is taking up the slack, he drives the lane out of control and throws up off balance prayers.

Regarding my look, I have a cock duster that would make Tom Selleck blush. I've had it intermittently for years now--it's my way of regulating UV rays.
    Smart move. I might need to break out the dick broom one of these days. The dirty blonde dick broom and bald head make for a frightening look.

Kerr is definitely the fucking man. Aside from his on-court genius, he has effectively managed and/or suppressed arguably the most potentially ego-loaded team in the history of NBA. They have their drama but they never implode and most importantly, they're always focussed. His leadership is unreal.

Totally agree. I love him as a coach, but can't help thinking he needs to move on to a bigger platform and run for an office that can really have an impact. He would be fantastic imo.

i agree about all that about kerr and i can also see him getting political when he is done coaching

Smart move. I might need to break out the dick broom one of these days. The dirty blonde dick broom and bald head make for a frightening look.
    you two need a room?
    i can't keep googling these...it's not good for my digital history