Page 31 of 111 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Beware the Boogie man!

I could be wrong, but I think something in the CBA means they cannot keep Boogie for more than this year, unless he accepts another $5M-6M contract.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think something in the CBA means they cannot keep Boogie for more than this year, unless he accepts another $5M-6M contract.
    Right. So this year Boogie has the mid level exception, which no way would he take next year. They could definitely offer him a lot more, however, but not if KD and Klay sign their expected deals. Then all they have is the mid level exception again, which is allowed for teams over the soft cap but the amount isn't negotiable.

Also worth noting: KD's bird rights kick in with the Warriors this off season, which is why he took a short term deal. It's amazing how few people seem to understand the motivation behind that.

Amazing comeback and great win by the Pacers! Sabonis looks fully healthy again and Wes Matthews has now passed Paul George in number of game-winning shots as a Pacer.
    It sucks to suck.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

The Pacers are pretty interesting I’ve gotta say... if Olidapo doesn’t get hurt they seemed like a lock for the three seed, especially considering how they’ve hung in there without him. Curious to see what they do next year.

I can’t say I’ve seen them play at all aside from the highlights, but it sure seems like they have some real depth. Was impressed last year by that Cavs series and the refs definitely screwed them over.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Great comeback by the Nuggets, albeit against an inferior team. Jokic for the win!
    Lookin forward to Nuggets - Pacers game tomorrow night.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Pacers play slow, defense-minded team ball. That combined with Oladipo's lower usage rate this year, has helped them stay in it. The question is if they can get a consistent second scoring option after Bogdanovic. It's been Sabonis, but he missed a bunch of games and hadn't looked like himself til last night.

This next stretch is going to be telling. 10 of their next 11 opponents are playoff teams. Maybe they play like last night, win a few and hold on to the 3rd seed. Maybe they play like that second half against Philly where they couldn't hit a shot to save their lives and blew a 16pt lead. If that happens, they'll probably drop to the 5 seed and conference championship prospects look a lot more grim.

Also really looking forward to the game tomorrow at Denver. Should be a good one.
    It sucks to suck.

sixers! still not much of a bench but starters workin it.

I can't believe it but I was actually rooting for them in that game. Giving up on the Pacers taking back the 3rd seed and hoping to hold on to home court advantage. Embiid still frustrates me to watch, how such a big physical center can flop so much and get away with it.
    It sucks to suck.

Always bummed to lose to the Sixers. But I'd much rather have them as the 3 seed than the Pacers.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    sixers! still not much of a bench but starters workin it.
    Among the best, and maybe the best starting five in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Embiid still frustrates me to watch, how such a big physical center can flop so much and get away with it.
    When rested and healthy Embiid is almost unstoppable but yeah kind of annoying too. It was savvy though, the way he baited Marcus Smart into an ejection.

Horford was on a minutes count and Hayward not playing.

But glad philly could win the biggest game of the year and move to 4-21 in their last 25 against Boston!
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

But glad philly could win the biggest game of the year and move to 4-21 in their last 25 against Boston!
    L
    O
    L

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Among the best, and maybe the best starting five in the NBA.
    I am assuming you arent familiar with a team out of the California bay area know as the Warriors? Sheesh, I though TahoeJ was the biggest homer on the board!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Jazz are smoking hot right now against a bunch of East Coast patsies..
    Wish tickets last night weren't all north of $50 b4 fees!

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    When rested and healthy Embiid is almost unstoppable but yeah kind of annoying too. It was savvy though, the way he baited Marcus Smart into an ejection.
    He's extremely talented and almost impossible to stop, when he does play, and that definitely contributes to these 20+ FT games he gets. But he's also a huge flopper, which frustrates me because of how physical he plays. He'll bang you up down low but the second you put a forearm in his back he's down on the floor.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Always bummed to lose to the Sixers. But I'd much rather have them as the 3 seed than the Pacers.
    To be honest they're in a pretty good position either way. Sixers have struggled against them the last few years and didn't look particularly threatening in the playoffs last year. Pacers, on the other hand, are limping through injuries and without a single player whose name a casual fan would recognize.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I am assuming you arent familiar with a team out of the California bay area know as the Warriors? Sheesh, I though TahoeJ was the biggest homer on the board!
    heh. Iguodala comes off the bench and Green's & Cousins' play hasn't been consistently strong this year. Curry, Klay, and Durant, though, are no question the best starting three.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post

hey its going to take a while to narrow that...much of it during the process/tanking days.

Another 61 for Harden last night. It's going to be brutal if this guy doesn't get MVP.

Great OT thriller going on in Portland right now. Both of these teams are really fun to watch.
    It sucks to suck.

Nurk!!!!!! Nooooo! FKNA!

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Nurk!!!!!! Nooooo! FKNA!
    Sorry man, gruesome. Not another one!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Sorry man, gruesome. Not another one!
    Some real Paul George shit right there.

Hope Nurk can recover like PG!

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    Another 61 for Harden last night. It's going to be brutal if this guy doesn't get MVP.
    I get it, but no way - it should be Giannis without question. The leader of the team with the best record in the league, and most people can barely name any of his teammates unlike with the Rockets. Not to say Milwaukee doesn't have a good roster, they actually have a ton of depth.

Giannis has a slightly higher PER this season than Harden, and he's WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better on defense.

Mentioning PER, currently in the 4th slot is Karl Anthony-Towns. Good for him and fuck Jimmy Butler. He's really stepped up since they got that cancer out of town.