Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Jeezus - lot of fouls in the Dubs and Nuggets, too. 32 FTs in 30 minutes so far. Makes two exciting teams play in the mud...

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    rondo should have gotten more. bullshit that he only gets one more than cp and cp responded to being fucking spit on

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ockets-scuffle
    Rondo’s a chump. Spitting on someone should be an immediate 10 game suspension.

for sure. i remember my first beer.

rondo just wanted to become a fast-growing cancer on his team as soon as possible. lebron's young! he's got years to waste on this shit

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Jeezus - lot of fouls in the Dubs and Nuggets, too. 32 FTs in 30 minutes so far. Makes two exciting teams play in the mud...
    The W’s announcers have been talking about this during the 3 games so far and I agree. A player works around or fights through a screen and it’s a foul. WTF? That’s basketball, and one of the cool nuances of the game, how to set, work around and switch off screens. This will so suck if this continues, not to mention I won’t have time to watch games. Sloooooooooow
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

hot take from Brian Windhorst (ESPN NBA writer): Three of the best 5 teams in the NBA are in the Eastern Conference. Discuss.

Also, not his hot take (though he alluded to it): The East's top 5 are better than the West's top 5. Discuss.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Can we wait until December to start discussions of top teams?

If not, I am calling Kemba Walker MVP right meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Also, not his hot take (though he alluded to it): The East's top 5 are better than the West's top 5. Discuss.
    No. Just... no.

This league emphasis on free movement is fucking dumb - there's this thing called incidental contact and it's going to happen all the time (like, EVERY time) when players try to run around screens. It's not a foul. Needs to stop - they are making games unwatchable.

Anyone else just watch the lakers blow that? LeChoke...

I dunno about the top teams yet, but Boston sucked balls last night against Orlando. Saw some of that game and they must have built a kiln with all those bricks...

Offenses are exploding and they’re averaging less than 100. They need to adjust to new roles and get Kyrie and Hayward healthy and back to form...

^^^^still so deep though...hate to say that as a 10...9...8....76er fan

The Celtics are going to test the super duper star theory. Can a team win a ring without one?

Going backwards, let's see...

Curry / KD, Curry / KD, LeBron, Curry, Leonard, LeBron, LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Kobe, Garnett, Duncan, Wade, Duncan... and then... 2004 Detroit. Billups and Rasheed. No super duper stars, just a deep team. So it's been a while. Then...

Duncan, Shaq / Kobe, Shaq / Kobe, Shaq / Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Hakeem, Hakeem, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Isiah, Isiah, and on and on with lots of Lakers / Celtics with Magic, Bird, etc.

79 Supersonics?

Sixers v Pistons tonight was a good game. I love Drummond but holy fuck Embiid was living in his head, coast to coast circus shots being put up in an attempt to win the upcoming twitter storm. Griffin was a beast, 50 points getting em from wherever he wanted.

This is my annual post getting excited about the Pistons fully knowing my hopes will soon be dashed.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The Celtics are going to test the super duper star theory. Can a team win a ring without one?

Going backwards, let's see...

Curry / KD, Curry / KD, LeBron, Curry, Leonard, LeBron, LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Kobe, Garnett, Duncan, Wade, Duncan... and then... 2004 Detroit. Billups and Rasheed. No super duper stars, just a deep team. So it's been a while. Then...

Duncan, Shaq / Kobe, Shaq / Kobe, Shaq / Kobe, Duncan, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Hakeem, Hakeem, Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, Isiah, Isiah, and on and on with lots of Lakers / Celtics with Magic, Bird, etc.

79 Supersonics?
    Love the historical angle. I think Kyrie would be confirmed as a super duper star if he were the leader of a C’s team to win one. #1 pick, multiple all star games, won a ring in CLE, has his own shoe, Uncle Drew, etc. He’s about as big or bigger than Leonard circa 2014...

Love the historical angle. I think Kyrie would be confirmed as a super duper star if he were the leader of a C’s team to win one. #1 pick, multiple all star games, won a ring in CLE, has his own shoe, Uncle Drew, etc. He’s about as big or bigger than Leonard circa 2014...
    Yeah, but Leonard still had Duncan, who was a real contributor back in 2014 before he dropped off and age finally caught up with him. I should have just said Duncan, he still received some top 10 MVP votes that year. The next season Leonard was in the top 10 (tied with Duncan).

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Sixers v Pistons tonight was a good game. I love Drummond but holy fuck Embiid was living in his head, coast to coast circus shots being put up in an attempt to win the upcoming twitter storm. Griffin was a beast, 50 points getting em from wherever he wanted.

This is my annual post getting excited about the Pistons fully knowing my hopes will soon be dashed.
    I love Embiid. He’s hilarious. Totally got in Drummond’s Head. https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspi...1829967516/amp

Embiid got warned for flopping and they rescinded Drummond's tech.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I love Embiid. He’s hilarious. Totally got in Drummond’s Head. https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspi...1829967516/amp
    that's good stuff. Did you read this by Darius Miles: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...o-darius-miles
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Tuned into the Hawk’s game because I wanted to see how Trae Young was doing, after he kind a lit it up the other night, dude goes one for 8, picks up his fourth foul, and they take him out.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    that's good stuff. Did you read this by Darius Miles: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...o-darius-miles
    That was cool, thanks.

never cared for miles but that puts some things in context. good read.

That was cool. He was a knucklehead in PDX but it's great to get some perspective on the whole picture.

Thanks. Hilarious. The language alone!

Curry has 31 in 20 mins in 1st half against the Wiz. No D. 80-71 Dubs at half.

Thanks mang, that was excellent, and I wouldn't have read it it you hadn't posted it here.