Page 70 of 111 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2771
    So that stuff I said about the Bucks being a good challenge to the Dubs?
    Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    So that stuff I said about the Bucks being a good challenge to the Dubs?
    Nevermind.
    Don't underestimate how good the Raptors are. Deep deep team that plays phenomenal defense. And has Kawhi Leonard.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    For me it's the grotesque amount of money they make, for playing a damn game ffs...
    This doesn’t compute for me. The NBA brings in a shit ton of money: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...4-billion/amp/so why blame the players when their salaries are already so controlled?

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    This doesn’t compute for me. The NBA brings in a shit ton of money: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...4-billion/amp/so why blame the players when their salaries are so controlled?
    Agree. Plus the players get paid what they’re worth. I mean it’s extremely complicated and there’s a million factors, but they get paid what they’re worth.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

This doesn’t compute for me. The NBA brings in a shit ton of money: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...4-billion/amp/so why blame the players when their salaries are already so controlled?
    I don't blame the players, I blame runaway American Capitolism. No one, NO ONE is worth millions a year to play a game.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Obviously they are paid what they are worth since someone is ponying up. And it pales to what the owners are taking in and no one ever talks as disparagingly about that in the same vain so there is definitely some class and race bs going into the mix. Agreed, It is complicated and they are paid what they're worth. All that said, it is still a disgusting amount of money for playing a game. Period In a sane world, all these guys would need second jobs to survive like they did up until the 70s. So I can completely get that part of the sentiment despite the entertainment they provide. Genie is out of that bottle for The foreseeable future

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I don't blame the players, I blame runaway American Capitolism. No one, NO ONE is worth millions a year to play a game.
    I’m with you on that, but while we’re waiting on the revolution I think the players should take every dollar they can from ownership

I’m with you on that, but while we’re waiting on the revolution I think the players should take every dollar they can from ownership
    Yep. Because if nobody is worth millions of dollars to play a game, them surely nobody should be making billions of dollars off those people playing the game.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Righto Danno

NBA 2018/2019 thread

lol... buncha econ majors in this thread. +2 to what Danno said.

FFS, you guys going to complain about ticket prices next?
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-22-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Everyone should read this important analysis!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warriors.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	233.9 KB 
ID:	283339
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

I guess we have to consider that a cold take?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Breaking news! The Bulls of the 90s would not have won 6 championships without Michael Jordan. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

FFS, you guys going to complain about ticket prices next?
    I love NBA ticket prices, especially for shitty teams. I never thought it would be an advantage living a few hours from Phoenix but now I get to see my Pacers play once a year and lower level tickets are ~$40. Next year I will probably put up the $200 for floor seats. Here is to hoping the Suns suck for as long as I'm in the area.
    It sucks to suck.

If BB was a truly private enterprise I would agree, but in most towns arenas are heavily subsidized by the taxpayers, which is what allows the owners their huge profits and the players their huge salaries. In a town like Sacramento where every year more and more people are sleeping on the streets, the city paying for an arena is despicable.

Check out the female mag at :28
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Love Lakers circling drain. Comedy (not real news):
    Was LeBron Too Hard On His Teammates When He Called Them ‘Shitheads Who Should Quit Basketball’?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F4d8D_RfaCY

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If BB was a truly private enterprise I would agree, but in most towns arenas are heavily subsidized by the taxpayers, which is what allows the owners their huge profits and the players their huge salaries. In a town like Sacramento where every year more and more people are sleeping on the streets, the city paying for an arena is despicable.
    I'm with you. The owners suck. No penny should go to subsidize stadiums in any sport.

But "rah rah players get paid to much" is what I was responding to. Which is an entirely different group of people than ownership.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 05-22-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    I live in the Bay Area so it was easy to jump on the bandwagon..
    This happens with all championship caliper teams IMO. The fucking absolute worst around here (PNW) was when the Seachickens were going to Super Bowls. The number of diehard Seahawk fans all of a sudden increased by about 10,000%....the 12th man!

Note, I don't put you in this boat seeing as how you're a local which gives you a pass, but now there are all of these Dubs fans I see out and about even in Portland. Same thing happened with the Cavs and Lebron jerseys popping up all over the place. Just dumb.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

NBA All-Defensive Teams are out and damn, Myles Turner got robbed.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    NBA All-Defensive Teams are out and damn, Myles Turner got robbed.
    Who would you omit?

Glad to see Marcus Smart get picked, dude is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Who would you omit?

Glad to see Marcus Smart get picked, dude is a beast.
    Embiid since they base it off position. NBA.com has Turner finishing 3rd in votes among centers but quite a few votes below Embiid. Compared to Embiid I think Turner is a more important part of an objectively better defense in addition to leading the league in blocks/gm and total blocks. In other factors Embiid is the better rebounder but Turner does a much better job of being able to switch out on to guards. Pacers ppg against sky-rocketed in the handful of games Turner missed this season.
    It sucks to suck.

^^^says a pacer fan?? look at the +/- differential when embiid is off the court....says a sixer fan.

+/- is such a fickle stat, highly dependent on who a player tends to share the court with. It's even more irrelevant for looking only at defense. No doubt Embiid is a better player than Turner. Not even close. But Embiid is not much good stepping out to guard even the biggest ball handlers. Turner is a better defender. So is Horford. It ain't the 90's.

I haven't watched enough of either to know who is better. And I agree that +/- is a flawed stat. Personally, I'd take Horford's D over either. And it's not just his ability to guard everyone on the floor, and do it well. It's how he quarterbacks the team. I think that is often an underrated part of defense, especially for a center.

When I used to play ultimate, and our team played zone defense, the most effective defenders were not always the best "cover" guys, it was the guys who could see the entire field, and communicate with every defensive player as the offense tried to break the D down.